Cleveland on the move..

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Cman68, Nov 15, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Sheesh...we need to pray to the Football Gods to rescue us from the quicksand

Some young players here and Sam Darnold may be are only calling card..hopefully that's enough

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I was listening to the Play Like A Jet podcast earlier and Brian Basset was on the show and they were talking the best route to go if Maccagnan gets canned too... they were going on and on about how Sashi Brown would make a great hire for GM , but the team will never do it.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No way. Sashi knows how to tank for picks, but any fool can do that (see Gruden).

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ow, this post hurt my life.

jixxjr likes this.
  5. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

Also, Dude, "Retarded" is not the preferred nomenclature. "Special needs," please.

Harpua likes this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I was sad to see Sashi go for Cleveland. That roster that was built was mostly through him. Trading down, stockpiling picks and taking talent over need. I really feel if he was not anchored down by Hue he would have thrived. He needs good football people in place though. That's why they talked about teaming him with Brian Heimerdinger. Given the state of our team I'm not sold that we have the talent evaluators to make it work right now.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Article not available to UK :rolleyes: and the rest of your post is nicely cryptic as to who or what the Browns are trading the Giants for, excellent work sir, in fact so good Rich Cimini is looking over his shoulder.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Browns went 0-16 on his watch, Dorsey will get the credit but make no mistake about it the foundation for the Browns rebuild was laid down by their former GM Sashi Brown with some brilliant/genius trades.

#28 WarriorRB28, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. K'OB

And the number of people that would not have liked that for the Jets and prefered 8-8 because... W's to cheer.

10. WarriorRB28

No one wants 0-16 it cost Sashi Brown his job & the ability to finish what he started.

0-16 is why he may never get another GM job even though he laid a great foundation of draft picks in Cleveland.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets hire Sashi Brown if MacCagnan gets the axe. Again likely will not happen because of 0-16 the media and some fans will destroy him before he gets hired.

11. K'OB

I would and some others on here would have taken 0-16, not a guaranteed success but it has a better promise than fucking 5-11 - 8-8 forevermore and surely a quicker pathway to some success than hoping we get lucky, not worked since our last visit to the play offs in 2010, if we did it properly then we would be now looking good.

Did Sashi blow the picks on duff QB's two years running? If so that will be more a reason than losing games during an obvious tanking plan.

12. WarriorRB28

Can't go 0-16 ever.

I can build a team that can go 0-16 so can you so can any Joe Blow fan or homeless bum on the street that doesn't know anything about football. People that are getting paid to do it are supposed to know much more.

O-16 completely undermined all the good that he did there.

Because of that now another GM is reaping the rewards of his hard work stockpiling all those draft picks.

13. K'OB

I guess that is the point proven, a team that has just gone 0-16 twice or whatever is now moving swiftly ahead of us with what looks a hugely promising team but you are still consenting voice, not happy with controlled tanking, not happy with 5-11 not happy with any of it.

Again you come at it from the sacked coaches point of view, I bet you the Browns fans are rubbing their hands now and I have no doubt they were like you while they spent two/three seasons getting stuffed.

Onwards and upwards for them but not so for us.

BTW we could have had 3 seasons of shit (well shitter than what it has been) been sat here with a FQB and whoever we managed to draft with all those lovely picks and Bowles could have been sacked for losing even though everybody knows they were tanking and we could be looking at some exciting new coach leading us to the promised land with a GM loaded with Cap and one last season of top 3 pick.

3 or 4 seasons of that, that is all it may have taken but instead, we are now once again in a quandary about what our actual plans are moving forward.
    JETS JETS JETS

14. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

And now with Condi Rice as their HC there’s no stopping them!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. K'OB

What an odd story :eek:

16. WarriorRB28

The NFL is a year-to-year league not much carryover from one season to the next with the exception of a few organizations that have mastered the art of winning.

You're jumping waaaaay ahead automatically assuming Cleveland is heading to a golden age of football. They could be but they're still the Browns until proven otherwise they could go 3-13 in 2019.

17. K'OB

Man I will certainly have to read back my posts to see where I made that claim...

Onwards and upwards and they are getting ahead of us are still on the money but far short of "golden age of football" well for teams that don't plan it is a year to year league any GM with a brain will have a short and a long term plan, if they don't you get a mess...

Oh

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

19. Nate varney

Nate varney Member

So you’re telling me espn posted a story just to gain clicks? I don’t believe it
    Forgot to add :sarcasm:

Leicester Jet and K'OB like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Rice? That's how you get things cooking for yer team

Ahahahahahahahah