you can't make this stuff up, lol-per Wikipedia

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuddyRyans46, Nov 12, 2018.

1. BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46 Active Member

...the Todd Bowles page on Wikipedia is "protected from edits until Feb. 19th, 2019 due to the high rate of vandalism."

I guess disgruntled Jets fans forced Wikipedia to safeguard their Todd Bowles biographical page, by "creatively editing" Bowles' personal info, lol. It's always a bad sign when fans of a team are turning to Wikipedia to vent about their HC.

egelband, Brook!, CotcheryFan and 2 others like this.
  2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Funny! I'm not surprised at all considering how angry the fan base is right now. I'm sure Pats fans are doing it too.

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

God, the rewriting of Wikipedia pages is so fucking tired.

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I remember seeing so many nasty rewrites on Barry Bonds' wiki page when he was closing in on the HR record. Fans can be too emotional sometimes.

egelband likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Cheaper than hiring airplanes, banners and pilots.

Brook! likes this.
  6. BuddyRyans46

ukjetsfan, if you don't mind me asking, do you live in the UK or is your name UKJetsfan because you attended the University of Kentucky?

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Get the planes......Call the Banners!!Its time to give Bowles the Idzik treatment.

FlaJet and Ralebird like this.
  8. ukjetsfan

I'm in the UK - the accent doesn't really come over on a message board.

But I did attend the University of Iowa.

FlaJet likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's honestly not funny and more of a sign at hoe immature and emotional fans are. going to edit a site that is made to provide good info to people and fiil it with shit for no reason

10. BuddyRyans46

UKJETSFAN, thanks for the response, I appreciate it....but your response BEGS the question...how is it that you live in the UK, yet are a NY Jets fan, yet you attended the University of Iowa?!! lol

11. ukjetsfan

I'm tempted to remain a mysterious figure, but...

I'm English and started following the NFL in 1983, picking the Jets as my team the following year. Back then we got a weekly highlights show on Sunday evenings and I just fell in love with the game.

A couple of years later it was time to choose a university and degree course. Because I loved American culture I took American Studies, which is a mixture of American history and literature. The third year of the course was an exchange year. I went to Iowa and some guy from Iowa came over to Hull. I sometimes wish I'd just quietly disappeared in America rather than coming home!

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm guessing your not a fan of jackass?

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Going out on a limb I guess the other guy wouldn't have felt the same about Hull lol :D

Brook! likes this.
  14. BuddyRyans46

lol, I like you, UKJETSFAN. So do you still follow the Hawkeyes in college football?!

15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

The other exchange guy went to Hull and back.

Although it is one of the great universities.

ukjetsfan and K'OB like this.
  16. ukjetsfan

I keep an eye on the Hawkeyes but I've never really followed college football as much as I'd like. One of my big regrets is that I never went to watch them play when I was at Iowa. Looking back it seems baffling to me, but I just never got round to it. I went down to Kansas City to watch the Jets play the Chiefs, but I didn't stroll across town to Kinnick Stadium to watch the Hawkeyes.

17. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

You picked the Jets!? Did you lose a bet? We’re you drunk? Wait, I know, you’re a masochist.

See, I live in NJ, so by law I have to root for a local team. I started out as an Eagles fan.....but I got better. When the Jets moved to NJ I was sold on the Green’n’White. If only I could go back to my child self and try to reason with me. Sadly, there is usually no reasoning with me, so I am sure I was a lost cause at 8 or however old I was when the Jets came to Jersey. Still, I have the Devils.....

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Its cool that we have international fans. I don't think we have many fans outside of the NY metro area (though that is a lot of people) let alone in other countries. We're not exactly a fun team to follow these days. Perhaps Woody learns something from his first real job in the UK and comes back and figures out how to run a team.

19. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I am from London but now living in Montreal Canada. I have supported the Jets since back in the mid 80's as well. The year the Bears won it I think. Because of that we had tons of Bears fans back in my day. Now the glory Hunters are all Patriots fans.

My reason was simple. I liked NY as a city and the first game I watched the Jets were playing the Patriots and my Uncle was rooting for the Pats. The Jets were winning I think, so I picked them to wind him up. For ages thought I liked the Jets and Giants. Not being from NY the rivalry was not apparent to me. But I dropped the Giants. Could have celebrated 4 superbowls since then. But have stuck with the Jets.

As for people not supporting the Jets outside of NY / NJ I think you might be surprised. 3 years back at the Wembley game there was a lot of Jets fans. The shop in the center of London that sold all the baseball caps sold out on Jets ones before any of the other teams or the Dolphins who we were playing.

Being just up north now from NY I keep meaning to come down for a game. But the teams sucks so bad the will is not so strong at the moment.

I love NFL and of course I live all my life in London following Tottenham in the EPL. And a year after I leave they add NFL games to our stadium for coming season. Murphys law and all that.