Game Day Experience letter = priceless

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CBG, Nov 14, 2018.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

don't want to be that guy but should point out that the thread about Jets Experience isn't in the Jets Experience section :)

alleycat9, jetophile and stinkyB like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Cman this guy could be any of us PS head over to the weather thread ASAP gas up the ariens

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looks like this storm ambushed everybody. Ariens still in the garage.

CBG likes this.
  4. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

So why aren’t we mentioning the 70s? Were we worse than normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The reason why MetLife Stadium is a horrific looking generically shaped enclosed space and does not have any openings to enjoy the view (like many newer stadiums) is because not too many people are interested in panoramic views of a toxic dump swampland. In other stadiums, a great view makes an excellent distraction from the sucky product being offered on the field. Shea did not have much a view past the outfield, but at least the airplanes served up a decent distraction.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That was a great rant. Thanks for sharing

CBG likes this.
  7. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

As bad as it is to watch these games on TV or follow them through the Game Thread, I now have a new appreciation for just how miserable the MetLife experience is as a Jets tan. May God have mercy on all of our lost souls.

Brook! likes this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I went to my first game in KC this past Sunday. Arrowhead stadium was built in 1972. It's an incredible fan experience. You're so right Met Life is a generic dump. It's one of the worst football stadiums in the league.

I honestly felt the old Giants stadium as bad as it was, was a better stadium to view a game.

jetophile and stinkyB like this.
  9. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Oh, just as well that you didn't. I actually live about 350 miles up north from Helsinki, so wouldn't have been able to meet you anyways.. Nice thought, though. And if you would have liked some recommendations, then you would be asking from the wrong person, I've visited our capital only a handful of times, way too few I'm embarrassed to admit.

Hopefully you enjoyed your stay here in our country, the weather has been unusually warm this fall. Normally the temperature would drop below zero degrees (32F), at nights at least. I bet you didn't see the sun that often :D

10. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

I really hope the person from the Jets organization that reads this letter is capable ( remember works for jets organization) of realizing this is only about 10% of what is aggravating about a Jets experience.
    Imagine how long the letter would be if he didn’t just give lowlites.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I applaud the effort but the execution is a bit frantic...for lack of a better word.

Too easy for Jets management to dismiss out of hand.

More focus and less profanity would have helped immensely.

But hey...what do I know.

12. Chappy13

Chappy13 Active Member

Epic rant, right there! And not far off factually either, lol.
    Probs to you!

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

So in other words, it's a coffin. And, the most expensive coffin the funeral home tried to sell us.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I read the letter last week and appreciated everything he said. Its easy for me to say now because I no longer have seasons, but if you feel that way, and want things to truly change, there is only one thing to do. If Bowles is not fired then season ticket holders need to tell the Jets to shove it up there asses. I am no longer paying for pre-season tickets and parking passes in advance, pick and choose what games you attend, and feel the freedom that some of us folks now do after years of frustration. I could not imagine having paid for the next 3 games in advance and either eat the tickets or having to attend our next 3 road games at Met Life. Then again I did it for so many years but I guess we do get smarter as we get older.

CBG likes this.