Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]
    Newest snow map from the gfs. Timing, late tomorrow afternoon start. Rush hour may get sloppy. Also Friday morning rush will be fun. I wasn’t buying this at first but the temps are dropping fast, the ground and roads will freeze tonight allowing for higher accumulation.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  2. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook what am I and the rest of the guys that post on here , wood ? lol----It starts for everyone in the afternoon and rush hour = a mess. Models still undecided on what exactly happens, a few say coast will changeover to rain but Euro still says a few inches for even the coast but N n W is up in the air ( by me and Fjay ) ---> I don't think we ever get rain Fjay I think if anything we get snow and then yuck = ice ------> Well north and west it stays snow--thats all I got CBG out

dawinner127, Brook! and FJF like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

we both posting at once Fjay-----ps GFS can't be right me thinks some of that aint snow but ice instead but I hope it is correct but doubt it

4. FJF

Bernie rayno thinks the Hudson Valley doesn’t change over. If that’s the case, or it changes late? 6” isn’t far fetched. 24 tonight. Hard freeze. No melting when the first flakes hit. Gonna go buy some salt to put down tomorrow night

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have salt 2 5 gallon buckets full lol,,,,,,,Fjay Euro is looking colder right now than last night

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

All I can think of when I read this is "rusting cars"..... (spent last weekend trying to deal with rusted brakes )

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

8. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Lots of contradicting info out there. Joe is usually right on the money.

9. FJF

I think he is on for the metro area. That north and west zone that he has for 2-4 is a bit conservative and is banking on an early change over that I’m not sure is there.

CBG likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Calling for 1-3" then sleet then Freezing Rain for the evening commute.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay------> I believe Joe is wrong---> He has much of Rockland in the 1-2 zone = no way .I think he even has you in that zone and you will not mix and I don't think I will either. Let the fun and games begin

#14192 CBG, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If you google weather for my area right now the weather channel says the forecast calls for 3-5 inches

13. FJF

Right now I am forecasted 4-8 per TWC. That’s down from their high today of 6-11,which by the way,giving yourself a 5” swing zone is not a big limb to go on. Hedging their bets on if/when mixing occurs. For the record I like 3-5 for me. I think we get some mixing Friday morning after sunrise.
    Hey c, are you near the Nardi soccerplex in Thiels?

CBG likes this.
  14. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I think lots of people are hedging as no one seems to know for sure and as usual the models are not a tremendous help especially in this difficult setup-----Thiels is not to far from me probably 15 minutes North or me----what time are you there maybe I swing by

FJF likes this.
  15. FJF

Late afternoon. Not sure exactly when. Team draws haven’t been done yet. Not even sure if they’ll play considering the weather.

CBG likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have no clue where that field is,,,but if you do go shoot me a message with a time if I can make I will swing by and if any snow left I will hit you with a snowball lol

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

enjoy the first one...amazing how this is a classic setup for a noreaster. CLASSIC. It has a good motor to it so in and out in around 12 to 18 hours but if this thing were all snow? Over a foot EASILY. Closer to 18". 1.5 to 2" liquid so what concerns me about this for someone or many is the icing. When you get liquid that breaks down to 1.5" to 2....and they are calling for a total accum of about 4 to 5"....yep..some rain mixed in...but there will be ice and a decent amount of it...so there is the big concern. Top that off with beach erosion because even down here, the winds are a gustin...big time. Warm ocean temps this time of the year are saving you guys from 1 to 2 feet of snow. ...and bringing in the major ice thing.

Be careful and remember...prep for ICE. That will be the big problem with this puppy.

CBG, FJF and Brook! like this.
  18. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Nice to see you again Jay. Keep the updates coming please. My question to you and @FJF is this. I am currently in Piscataway, NJ. I have employees from a 1 hour radius. Only 1 didn't show up at work but rest is here. Team of 22. When do I let people go home?

19. FJF

When the job is done brook. Not one minute sooner.
    Seriously if you want to cut them out around 3or would probably give them a good head start getting home

Brook! likes this.