Magic Mike is safe!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and a better FO..

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Cman68

I would say its a safe bet the Browns make the playoffs before the Jets do.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think Darnold will definitely turn out to be better but Mayfield is playing well, he’s become a leader and face of that franchise and the Browns seem to be having fun.

Winning a few games after what they’ve been through will do that.

I think they have a bright future.

We’re just a year behind them.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

years of picking 1st overall will do that for you lol all their losing is paying off. they have a very good D led by a stud pass rusher in garett and ward has really shined as a rookie CB. they have a great o-line number 1 in pass protection in the NFL chubb is a great RB. they have a very good TE in njoku and WR who caught 100+ passes 4 years in a row as well. They do need a couple more WRs but calloway looks promising and has made some big plays but has been up and down. he was a 1st round talent who fell due to off the field issues. If baker progresses and they get him another WR or 2 they really have a very well rounded team. they just struggled from bad coaching but have been competitive every game. they are a play or 2 away from having a winning record as it stands. there is a difference in a team that has been rebuilding for like 8 years compared to the jets who have been rebuilding for 2.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Cman68

The Jets have been rebuilding before Macc even got the GM job. The Jets have been rebuilding for so long it rivals the Panama Canal construction project. The reality is the Browns finally have a GM that knows how to build a winner because he's already helped build a winner. We have a newbie GM that has only been a scout, still learning how to be a GM in a unconventional setup.The results of his 4 years on the job hasn't produced much except a 10-6 mirage. Sorry, but the excuse that Macc has only been doing this for 2 years is bullshit and a copout.

Macc simply is not the GM Dorsey is nor does he have the experience of building a proven winner Dorsey has. Woody hired a newbie trying and failing once again to catch lightning in a bottle. We won't even bring up Blowes.

Perhaps one day the Johnsons will hire someone who was actually successful at the job prior to coming to the Jets instead of some poor guy that has to learn as he goes for several years. Again, this is the New York Market, not some second city in flyover country. This is not the place to learn how to do a job. You need to know the job coming in day one and that requires prior experience. That's why this team is always rebuilding. We're always rebuilding because our GM's and HC's are always learning on the job..

The results speak for themselves. Guess we can't look down on the Browns anymore..Or any other team in the league for that matter.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yep and if Mayfield ends up being the guy, and Darnold busts out, we weren't lucky at all ;)

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

To be fair, it appears the Jets are set at TE, QB, and safety, plus Mcguire could be our guy at RB. So they aren't that far behind. Those jokers have had top 3 picks for like 5 years, they should be ahead of the Jets when it comes to young talent. They pick ahead of the Jets every year.

#67 Sam Hammer, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

When you consider that he could have taken Mahomes in 2017, kept the 3-second round picks, and used the 1st round pick this year on another top player, the trade doesn't look so good to begin with.

9. NCJetsfan

Set at TE and RB? Hardly. Herndon looks like he may be a decent/good TE, but nothing special. Leggett is closer to being cut than becoming a productive player. Unless they sign a FA TE or Draft one, they'll have to re-sign Tomlinson and Sterling. I'd like to keep Sterling, but not Tomlinson.

At RB, McGuire could be a part of the rotation, but he isn't a workhorse. Powell could be brought back. Crowell can be upgraded, and I'm not expecting much from Cannon. The Jets need a bigger, power-type RB.

#69 NCJetsfan, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

In principle, I agree with your post, but the problem is that quality experienced GMs are almost never available. Usually, the only reason a GM leaves a team is because he was fired for incompetence or because he retires.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I won't be too hard on him for Darnold over Mahomes, most scouts had Darnold as the higher rated QB.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  12. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

No article haha, just my own spreadsheet I put together looking at the picks! There's probably some debatable things in there in terms of startable vs. good vs. top tier, but hopefully it balances out given the number of picks that were looked at. I'll elaborate a bit further in the "just as bad" thread, since my original post with the spreadsheet numbers were there, but here's a link to what I have in the spreadsheet so far. May not be the easiest thing to interpret!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13_DTSmKxvzoiy8aMD7Y-ozt8AODsGEMt78WRQWBAheU/edit?usp=sharing

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I would like nothing more than to hear that the Jets almost signed Bell for a couple of years, before he completely disappears in a dusty trail of another team's Benjamins.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The way I look at MacCagnan is that he is the subject of a three act play and we're now in the second intermission. We need to see how it plays out in Act III to see the results.

The coaching situation, on the other hand, seems to be a one act play that we keep seeing over and over, the result never changes.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's really cool! Are you planning to do any analyses with the data?

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

To me the argument for keeping Mac comes down to 2 points. Firstly, this team should not be 3-7. They have lost 3 games they should have won (Fins x2, Browns) and one more where they didn't turn up against a roster that I believe is worse than the Jets. There are some mitigating factors (injuries, conditions) but that this team is not at least 5-5 at this point is purely down to coaching. They should be 6-4 really.

Secondly, and more importantly, Mac's future career is now intrinsically linked to Darnold. He lives and dies by how Darnold progresses. There is no one else out there who would be more invested in ensuring Darnold succeeds than Mac. He has to protect him, surround him with talent and ensure he has the right coaches.

Sam Hammer and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Cidusii

A little! Mainly to try and get a feeling about how Mac has drafted so far, and the value of each pick. I threw some of it up in the other Mac thread, since that's where I first posted information using that spreadsheet :)

K'OB likes this.
  18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Since we had that controversy a couple of weeks back about Adams “liking” that tweet about the Cowboys giving him whatever he wants to come to Dallas when he hits FA , I thought it interesting that Brandon Shell likes this tweet .[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As totally inept the Johnsons are, they cant ignore a full fledged player mutiny..(pretty insightful on Shells part imo to link the 2 nincompoops together)

Of course...with all arrogant a holes anything is possible

20. Cidusii

Can't find an official Twitter account for Brandon Shell haha. The only account that may be his hasn't been active since 2016. May be a troll?