TGG Forum Declaration - Enough is enough, Bowles circus has to go - #FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Good post, don’t really disagree with any of it. Have any names for the football czar? Doesn’t seem to me to be any obvious names for this position.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Savage.

I feel the same, though I don't have the kill instinct, I back off when I feel like it's too much. I'm there now. It hurts to watch.

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think it's possible to separate the person from his coaching abilities. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's not cut out to be an NFL HC.

Red Menace, FJF, LarryAlRalph and 3 others like this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Absolutely agree. But the attacks around here are getting personal and I prefer to shy away from that kind of stuff.

TonyFtLaud, Red Menace, FJF and 3 others like this.
  5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I am going to continue to support the Jets regardless who is at the helm, OC, DC or GM. Just got to hope that our young guys get better for 2019 when we make some changes. I get it many are disgusted as we all should be. We find the better coaching staff and potentially new GM in off season, not during in season. Continue to support that our young guys get better and head the right direction.

The Dark Knight and CotcheryFan like this.
  6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Bowles had grown on me by the start of the season, he seemed to have the players mainly playing hard and for him last season, those video clips 1-10 showed a coach that didn't just stare forlornly off into the distance and call a timeout for no good fucking reason randomly.

Then the Lions game and I thought you know it just may well be the making of this young team and then [​IMG] reality bites you on the arse once again.

So sorry Todd you are sound fellow and probably will make a comeback somewhere as a Def coach but your time is up in NYC, pack your fucking bags son.

TonyFtLaud, FJF and Brook! like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It definitely hurts. I know that my reaction was very strong. I realize that's 50 years of frustration with the Jets speaking, and not all Bowles. I overstated it a bit as well. I don't want the team to go out of their way to embarrass or humiliate him, but I don't want them to go out of their way to protect him, either.

That said, he has brought whatever humiliation and embarrassment he suffers upon himself. He's had 4 years to learn, and either has refused to change, or is incapable of learning or is delusional. His way is not working. There are too many things that are basic fundamentals to being a HC that he doesn't do well or at all. Because he has refused to adapt, grow, and learn, he has caused both his team and us frustration, pain, and embarrassment. That's why I have little empathy or compassion for him. No one made him apply for the HC job of the Jets. No one told him that he couldn't change his approach or learn from his mistakes when the team lost. There has been plenty of evidence that his approach doesn't work, and he has had plenty of time to adapt or make changes. He hasn't and it's on him. That may be cold, but that's the way I feel about it.

He may be a nice man and great guy, but since most of us will never get to meet or know him, the only way we can and should judge him is as HC of the Jets.

I apologize if my comments come across as too harsh or offensive but this is the only place I have to vent and express my frustration, and it's express/vent it or have a heart attack or get ulcers.

8. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

I won't even pretend to know who off the top of my head. There are a number of GM's and head coaches out there who would probably love to have total control over an organization. Throw in a young QB with a super high ceiling and tons of cap room plus the spotlight of New York....

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. This.

Im right there w ya my friend..though subtract about 20 years.

That was therapeutic so thank you..now just need Jetophile or someone else to express similar angst toward our classy upstanding gold shitting rivals to the north who we happen to be playing after this bye.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

#FireBowles? Good idea! I never rank current coaches because they are not done yet, but Bowles is nearing his end now and he might be the worst Head Coach the Jets have had since Kotite. Parcells is #1, Rex is #2, then the rest. Mangini and Herm are both better than Bowles. Al Groh only coached one year but it was better than Bowles. Pretty disappointing 4 year stretch.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Unfortunate because I had more hope when Bowles was hired than I did when Rex and even Mangini arrived. He came across as someone who would not overlook the offense like Rex did and not try too hard to be another coach like Mangini who thought he could be Belichick 2.0 with the Jets. I slowly started to lose hope when he decided not to go for 2 in the Buffalo game in week 2 of 2016. I wasn't too mad about week 17 of 2015 because it was his first season and he did very well overall.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It must be the bye week, no one has even complained about Bowles for three and a half days. Same old Jets fans.

13. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

At this point there just isn't anything else to say. Those who want him gone are finally validated. No one even defends him anymore. It is hard to have a discussion. lol

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think we are all taking a mental break from the abuse caused by Jets and Bowles. It feels good not to have a Jets game today.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

EDIT: @KurtTheJetsFan Rex Ryan knows Bowles is gone.

You can also find more Ernie Adams/Cheating references here, here, here, and here:

When Cartoons Were Cool

The Butt Fumble?

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/you-guys-got-screwed.89243/page-9#post-3614341

http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/the-dunces-have-elected-a-dunce.87574/page-135#post-3580786

#55 jetophile, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Red Menace likes this.
  16. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

So, this is what constitutes a news story?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ach-todd-bowles-has-uphill-battle-to-keep-job

Really? Ya think? Such luminous insight! What trenchant analysis! And this part made me almost spit out the coffee:

"Bowles is expected to be safe throughout this season, in part because the Jets are now a team that embraces patient and prudent decisions and in part because there is no obvious successor in the building. GM Mike Maccagnan is believed to be much safer than Bowles, sources say."

What? Patient and prudent decisions? Has everyone associated with this team lost their minds? Or is that code for "No one has any idea WTF to do?"

I get it that there's probably no one available today with whom to replace him. There's certainly no internal brain trust within the CS, and anyone else from outside either already has a job or they're another Hue Jackson or Jon Gruden type. So how did we get into this situation? That's easy: by not terminating Bowles and his entire staff at the end of last year. And who was responsible for that "patient and prudent decision?" Yep. The Jets organization reminds me of a Pepsi bottle: empty from the neck up. So forgive me if I'm not particularly sanguine about next year either.

FJF, NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

As unlikely as this may sound, I have full confidence in the Jets locating and hiring a replacement coach who is worse than Bowles.

NCJetsfan, jixxjr, Kris 15 and 2 others like this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So, business as usual for the Jets and business as usual for the fans? It seems to me that the fanbase is becoming more and more like the team; just a shrug and same old, same old. Not a billboard in sight, nary a banner towing airplane, no clever T-shirts to be found. Nobody is mad as hell and we all will take whatever shit is shoveled towards us.

19. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Fortunately, Gruden is still under contract. Unfortunately, Hue Jackson isn't.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I can't believe they didn't fire Bowles this week. How stupid can the Johnson's be? And to do so because they can't find a suitable interim coach, allegedly? It's a weak excuse and a slap in the face to the employees on staff.

And if they were smart enough to realize it, they would see that even that weak excuse is an indictment on the organization as a whole, given they believe they can't find a single person in the building they think can handle the responsibilities of being a head coach.

Karl Dorrell head coached UCLA for years and was a conference coach of the year. Rick Dennison has been in the NFL for 24 years, 4 stints as offensive coordinator. You really think these guys CAN'T handle 6 games at the end of the year for the terrible NY Jets?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.