Tankathon...and whom to root for

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mario, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

At the moment, the Jets have the 5th pick. They can move up to 4th with a 49ers win.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

With six games to go, the only thing we can do is hope for a top 5 draft pick. With Patriots 2x, Packers, Texans and away games at Bills and Titans, the Jets will likely finish 4-12 (or worse).

2. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Here's what's going to happen. Jets fire Bowles and the team comes up revved up and motivated off the bye and beat the Patriots. Everyone is excited, then they lose out until week 17 where the Pats rest Brady and the Jets win knocking them out of the top 5. Losing out gets them top 3.

#2 Sam Hammer, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

That's why keeping Bowles until the season is over might not be a bad thing.

NoodleArm, Sam Hammer and dawinner127 like this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd want to tank AGAIN but at this point, winning games is valueless.

Let's shoot for the 3rd pick.

And then do we go Edge, OT or trade back?

Can't imagine the Raiders will pass on Bosa and the Giants need to take a QB.

We'll have the rest of the pick of the litter.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

The sad part is that the Colts are doing great they haven't allowed a sack in 4 games luck is playing well and our 2nd round pick belongs to them.

6. AlexJETS

Check out Albert Greer and what he wrote about the Colts:

The Colts are surging. Their win over Jacksonville makes three straight. The rookie class is glittering. Coach Frank Reich has hit his creative stride—tight end Eric Ebron scored a rushing touchdown on Sunday—as a play-caller. And guess what?

Andrew Luck is on fire. Check out the numbers …

• vs. Buffalo: 17-23 (73.9 percent), 156 yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 131.5 rating
    • at Oakland: 22-31 (71.0 percent), 239 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 125.6 rating
    • vs. Jacksonville: 21-29 (72.4 percent), 285 yards, 3 TDs, INT, 123.5 rating

And if you don’t trust all those figures completely, then you can listen to the coach.

“He’s as good as they come,” Reich said over his cell, a few hours after the 29-26 win over division-rival Jacksonville. “I mean, there’s a handful of really elite quarterbacks out there, and I think he’s one of those guys. He’s one of however many are in that top category. That’s where I see him right now.”

Which is to say, we’re not projecting anymore?

“We’re not waiting for it,” Reich said. “It’s here.”

The future for the Colts, it appears, is here too, and that is about much more than a single win over a Jaguars team that suddenly appears to be broken. In fact, the vision that GM Chris Ballard had for the franchise—a big, tough, athletic team built through the trenches that would be able to win different ways, rather than just relying on its quarterbacking prodigy—is coming to life on a week-to-week basis.

So this week, for the second straight game, the offense played great. And the defense made a big play when it was needed to close a game out.

At the end of the team’s 42-28 win at Oakland two weeks ago, before Indy’s bye, it was rookie-of-the-year candidate/linebacker Darius Leonard forcing a fumble to put the Raiders’ hopes on ice. This week it was 23-year-old corner Kenny Moore prying the ball loose from Jags receiver Rashad Moore. Moore was initially called down at the Indy 23. That call was overturned on replay.

The result, as Reich saw it, was no mistake, nor was it by accident that this was happening two weeks in a row.

7. CotcheryFan

OT, good ones almost never become FA's while Edge might have a few good FA's.

8. CotcheryFan

This gives me a glimmer of hope that we can become a playoff contender next year.

FJF likes this.
  9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Man Reich would have been a great HC for SAM.

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Trade back, gain some picks and draft Greg little, unless the Raiders go QB. Then you gotta take Bosa

Ozymandias and FJF like this.
  11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I believe you’re correct there should be at least few good pass rushers available in free agency though I don’t know if they fit our system. Our system might change anyway considering Bowles is history.

On the other hand offensive linemen have oddly become extremely scarce in this league as of recently and I would definitely get the best left tackle and not look back.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think we finish with a worse record than the Giants. That team is way to talented to only win 2 games the rest of the way. We could very well lose out and finish 3-13

13. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agree completely. Bosa or trade down.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Both of the offensive lineman selected in 1st and 2nd round are starting for them and making a difference. Meanwhile, Casserly 2.0 is drafting offensive linemen in the 4th and 5th rounds and hoping they turn into top flight difference makers.

Mac can go when they fire TB, it’s amazing how Ballard has already figured out the trenches is where it all starts.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

FJF likes this.
  15. AlexJETS

Since the 49ers lost what pick do we hold now?

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The giants winning should move us up to 4th based on strength of schedule

17. TonyFtLaud

Not yet. They are now 2-7.
    We're still at 5. But the Giants and 49ers should both get at least another win before the end of the season.
    Edit: the Cardinals should get a win Sunday vs the raiders moving us to 4th. The second pick is a very real possibility by seasons end

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yea your right I thought the giants had two wins going into that game

19. TonyFtLaud

I'm hoping Arizona beats the Bucs Sunday. The rest of the season is all about the draft position. Fucking sad...

20. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Pick #2 would be excellent. Either the raiders take a QB at 1 and the jets take Bosa, or the raiders take Bosa and you have several teams (giants, Broncos, Bucs, Dolphins, etc...) looking for a qb.

Personally, I'd like them to draft the top LT with the first pick, then possibly trade back into the 2nd for a C. Use free agency to address RB and Pass Rush.

Ozymandias and Leicester Jet like this.