No changes to CS will be made at this time

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 12, 2018.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Reports on Monday indicated that the Jets won’t be firing head coach Todd Bowles before the end of the season and it doesn’t look like Bowles will follow the lead of Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis by firing an assistant in the wake of a blowout loss.

Bowles said on a Monday conference call that he does not plan to make any changes to the coaching staff “at this time.” Bowles did add that the team could “reevaluate” that plan over their bye week.

The Jets made a change at offensive coordinator in the offseason with Jeremy Bates moving up from quarterbacks coach to replace John Morton. Chan Gailey was the offensive coordinator in Bowles’ first two seasons with the Jets. Defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers has been on the staff throughout Bowles’ tenure.

Bowles received an extension through 2020 late last year, but the team has to do some reevaluating of those plans after watching the way this season has unfolded.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Oh well. Business as usual.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

and " you are what your record says you are" fails to accurately reflect what the last two games showed all of us.

4. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I think it's best to keep the CS intact till end of season. I feel it is in the best interest for Sam to keep the same coordinator and not change in mid season. We really don't have anyone to take over Bowles job at this time, so go with the flow.....get a high Draft pick, and hope we get a new CS with a better plan.

TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I think the whole point is to get as good a draft pick as possible. I mean no way Bowles can ____ that up.

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

By the time the Jets “get it together” Sam will be on the final year of his rookie deal and looking to get the hell out of dodge. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to sign with us barring Jim Harbaugh taking over. What does all of this say to players we would want to target in free agency? That you can grow and develop and win on the NY Jets?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Great idea. Keep a defensive minded, game-decision - challenged coach around, one who clearly has lost his team, for the further development of your franchise QB who has the signs of being a potential star but has been hamstrung by stupidity, defensive-minedness and ineptitude.

Great idea. Continuity is what makes teams successful - even if it's pathetic regression in the form of continuity.

The Jets have been, still are and apparently plan to remain completely clueless for the foreseeable future.

SOJAZ, Jets1035, CBG and 2 others like this.
  8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The best way to 3-13 and a high draft pick is to keep McNuts and Toilet Bowl--they are as clueless as they come, without the sense to even accept a 10 yard penalty. Make sure you fire McNuts AND Bowles on black Monday--unless you want more free agent money wasted on the likes of Revis, Wilkerson, Fitz and T. Johnson--draft picks like Stewart, Hansen, Smith, Hack, Maulden, or 4 DBs and 3 receivers in ONE draft (2017). Mike McNuts stupidity is exceeded only by toilet bowl.

JetBlue, CBG and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. abc

abc Well-Known Member

soj...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Continuity doesn't make good teams good, good teams have continuity because they have good people they want to keep. If ownership wants to keep Bowles for now fine (though I'd fire him now and put Dennison in as coach), but we'd better have a new coach and front office next season.

chandler, JetBlue, CBG and 4 others like this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with it, but I get it. I want Bowles head on a spike just as much as the next guy here but I get it. If you get rid of him, who the hell do you promote? There is no one. Wonder if that was Bowles plan all along. -- make sure there is not a suitable replacement in case sh*tgoes south :p:p Hopefully we don't win another game the rest of the way and finish within the top 5. Find out future LT or Bosa.

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Who are they going to bring in that can do anything with this roster?

TwoHeadedMonster and Cman68 like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That's dumb, Bowles should have hired a good OC so he could keep his job. Then again, it's Bowles so you're probably right.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's so fuckin stupid to not just cut ties now.

I read that they don't want to disrupt Darnolds progress. Really? Who honestly thinks Bowles and Bates are providing a positive impact on his growth? Give me a fuckin break.

Get rid of this moron and get rid of Bates. Let McCown finish this. Bowles is gone at the end of the season anyway. Just get rid of him now

Sometimes I can't stand this fuckin franchise

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not firing him now is right up there with some of the other idiotic moves this franchise has made over the years. The losing culture and lack of accountability that Bowles has further instilled in this franchise following Rex's tenure needs to be corrected. That can't happen until a change is made. Since Christopher Johnson is not correcting it, then he's allowing it to happen, which is just as bad, if not worse.

16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Oh come on now, every high profile coach is just dying to come to this organization, just ask most of the posters on TGG

TwoHeadedMonster and Cman68 like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Bates maybe, Bowles and Rodgers are useless and the D has already quit on them. Should have been fired a year or two ago. Pathetic CS.

jets_fan likes this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Is not a question of bringing anyone in mid season. It's simply addition by subtraction. The defense will have an instant improvement if KR is gone, and the team will reengineer and get some fire under their ass if TB is gone and let the assistants call it like it is. It could not be any worse.
    Great opportunity to start searching for coaches for next year.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im over at Todd Bowles house I brought garbage bags,shovels,and a dump truck.Dont worry guys if he trys to chase me he will miss the tackle.Right now he is running "How to Punt on 4th and 1 in the 4th qtr down by 20" drills in his back yard.

tomdeb likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

It's time to empty the stadium till this ownership takes winning seriously