Mike Macc - just as bad

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nevbeats319, Sep 21, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Complete mismanagement and poor planning

The Jets Titantic just hit the iceberg that many here on TGG saw was coming

The big idiotic owners were drinking champagne and rehiring some mini idiots

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

That's it. You said it. Was thinking all day about this. Us as fans know things before the owners. Rex we fired him a year too late. Bowles same thing. We know this why not gms and owners. If they keep Bowles it will show you how blind these guys are. Add in the Bengals just fired their defensive coordinator. We are a joke. Hopefully they are giving Bowles time to clean out his stuff and say good bye.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! We have enough holes without creating more. Besides, those players could suddenly become much better under a quality HC and CS. We saw it happen with the Rams and have seen it with other teams.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

So Edwards shanked a punt. He was averaging almost 48 yards a punt before that and someone posted a week or so ago that he is one of the top punters in the league this year. Myers has been consistently reliable. That's not true with all kickers. Even if it were, why have to spend time and energy looking for his replacement, when that time and energy would be better spent upgrading our depth or filling other holes?

I don't think they could be so easily replaced, and even if they could, Shell could be easily replaced as well. He's not all that.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I think passing up Mahomes may have been due to Mac having an eye towards the 2018 QB draft class. The thoughts on the 2018 Qb's even then was that there were some can't miss options.

I also agree with the other poster, that if we had drafted Mahomes, we may have ruined him. I think drafting Darnold and now having Bowles on his way out may be the best option. We can get an offensive coach for Darnold to prosper under.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Since the Jets didn't fire Bowles after the Bills debacle, I've actually shifted my belief and I am now inclined to think that the Jets are going to get rid of both Macc and Bowles. The excuse that the jets do not have a headcoach on the roster is a bullshit explanation and to me it just means the Jets are going to hold out till end of the season to completely start fresh. I'm unsure who the GM should be, but I do not trust Maccagnan with 100 mil in cap space and a top 5 pick.

7. NYJetsO12

Ya think so? Get rid of both?? Well that would really be great ..this waiting is really unfair imo

They are making us "trust " an ownership to eventually clean house including hiring a GM/VP of football when their track record is complete azz

In fact, I trust J &J as far as I can throw them...well, you get it

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I have a feeling mac is staying. Sam is going to be his lifeline.

9. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

sweet, cant wait to overpay Fowler and Bell

11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The way Mac addressed the QB situation this offseason was better than any season I can remember with this team.
    We entered camp with 3 QB's that I was comfortable playing.

That will buy him the benefit of the doubt, and will be allowed to play out a little.
    If Darnold continues to struggle though, that could be it for Mac.

Such is the life of a GM, your career essentially hinges on who you choose to be the long term answer at QB.

FJF likes this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You can not compare a 2nd year QB in Reid’s offense with Mahomes weapons to a first year QB in Bowles offense with Darnolds weapons. Mahomes himself said he couldn’t do what he’s doing now in his first year. Let’s see Darnolds second year with hopefully a real modern day offense and some more weapons.

As for Mike Mac, I believe he knows what he’s doing and has a plan. The only disappointment I have with this news is if true it pretty much eliminates Jim Harbaugh from being a possibility, although he was likely a pipe dream anyway. Hopefully he gets the coach right.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Mac has zero plan. All you need to do is look at his draft history. Mac has zero talent evaluation skills. The media's job is to put out some dopey, bs line every day. They have no idea if his job is safe.

If Bowles goes, then Mac goes with him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My concern is how his presence impacts the coaching search. Does a coach with other options want to come here if he thinks the gm could be out in another year?
    Imo if mac stays you have to commit to him for another 3-4 years minimum.
    And I’m not sure how I feel about that t

15. NYJetsO12

QUOTE="JetsNation06, post: 3758705, member: 6085"]Mac has zero plan. All you need to do is look at his draft history. Mac has zero talent evaluation skills. The media's job is to put out some dopey, bs line every day. They have no idea if his job is safe.

If Bowles goes, then Mac goes with him.[/QUOTE]

Yep..to h^ll with them both and the horse they rode in on..what a screw job they both pulled on us:mad::mad:

I also blame the Johnsons and their poor reputation for ending up hiring a whole bunch of users and rookies to run the team . no quality CS ever

#355 NYJetsO12, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    JetsNation06 likes this.
  16. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

You might be right, there were reports coming out that Chris Johnson wants some continuity.

I don't know. The stories about the levels Mac went to scouting Darnold were pretty impressive. I wonder if he's spent this much time scouting coaches, knowing Bowles would fail and if he were to be kept around, he would be selecting the next coach.

17. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I've said it before with Mac, I think he gets at least another year.

He was hired and had a lot of money, he put together a 10-6 team that nearly made the playoffs. Next year, they went back to the well and it dried up. He then sold the ownership on a total rebuild. We are only in year 2 of that rebuild. You have to give more time. His drafts are shaky, TJ looks like a bad signing (I thought it was good at the time), but this past draft was ok. At this point, him being here should be a positive for coaches. he's likely gone if the team doesn't show major improvement next year, so the next head coach can either install a guy they like, or push for the job yourself.

The difference with Bowles, is he was the coach the entire time and the team never looks prepared. There are a lot of teams that don't make the playoffs each year, but they look more competitive than the Jets under Bowles.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

If the coach is not reporting to the GM, and he shouldn't report to the GM imo, then there should be no issue.

Most stable organizations hire coaches and gm's independent of each other.

Also I disagree that keeping Mac this year means committing to him for another 3-4 years.

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right man.

But I fear the Johnsons are that stupid to h@lf @ss things again.

The scary things about this guy staying on for me are:

1. If he gets to hire a second head coach that means that he automatically buys himself another 2-3 years until the new HC shows what he can do.

2. I'm worried he'll resign Leonard Williams & sign Jadeveon Clowney (Houston connection there) to monstrous contracts. Which will put the franchise in cap he11 for years after he's gone.

This guy could really do long term damage to the New York Jets organization.

3. I'm beginning to wonder if he has any concept of how to properly contruct a football team. It's almost like he thinks collecting top 10 draft picks and signing 'name' guys in free agency that aren't really big names but he pays them like they are (Forte, McCown, Johnson) is what it's all about.

Building a cohesive football team, with players that complement one another and most importanly WINS football games I don't think he knows anything about that.

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Good post brother and he can do unmitigated long term damage, totally agree. We all need to come up with a list of competent candidates to be the President of Football operations and let that guy hire his GM and HC. That's really the only way out of this black hole.

NCJetsfan likes this.