2019? LOLOLOLOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 11, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks, but no thanks. I want reality, not fantasy.

2. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yep....this is exactly where I am at after that piss poor excuse for a football game. These "coaches" are a fucking joke. It is so blatantly obvious that any nitwit could see it. I may not be done being a Jets fan, but I am definitely done rewarding this joke of a franchise with any more of my time, or money, until they get their shit together. I imagine I will probably be dead before that ever happens though.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Man you hit it on the head. The names change but that’s about it And nothing will change once the next crew comes in Rinse and repeat every 5 years is our MO. The problem is and will continue to be the Johnsons because it’s tbe only constant. It’s why I finally gave up my season tickets last year after 36 seasons. We are never going to win a championship while they own the team. Period. I give up. And Bowles is not being fired today or at the end of the year. He’s coming back. Season ticket holders have the power to send a message and don’t renew. Don’t complain about this shit and then write a check to tbe Jets next spring

Cman68 likes this.
  4. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't assume that Woody didn't have anything to do with those extensions. He signed off on them, and I'm willing to bet he was involved in those discussions more than most people here would choose to believe. I support Bowles being gone, but Mac got us a potential franchise QB with trading, and some smart drafting based on BPA. I've stated a few times on Mac's drafting, he's had some misses, some injuries has hurt, he's found some gems in the back half of the draft and FA. I think we need to evaluate Mac more with a new HC, and act like a normal franchise where the GM hires the coach and the coach reports to the GM.

Bowles hasn't shown improvement, and Bates was extremely overrated coming into this season.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Exactly!

6. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Steelers, you dirty cunt [​IMG]

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

What about nightmares?

:rolleyes:

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why not just pick New England? They're pretty close by and I hear they win a lot of games most of the time.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No, none of those, either. I've had enough of those both during sleep and in my waking hours.

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

do we have relegation in american football? the jets might be competitive in the xfl or aafc.

11. mr nyjet

honestly, no i do not.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It appears to me Chris J endorses anything the players want : "uhh please Mr Johnson keep Uncle Toddy around longer so we walk through practices, stay out for injury indefinitely..and best of all have a scrimmage every weekend ...oh and thanks for no endorsement for playoffs!!"

Now that's really courageous

13. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

I believe the remit from the Johnson's was for the team - CS and players alike - to show 'progress', to be at least competitive, wins weren't the be all and end all this season.

Whoooo we're so close to that remit !!!

I'm crying in my beer but also laughing at our position. Can't sack the current senior CS as can't replace till end of season as that's when replacements are available for interview. Daren't sack the senior CS because new temporary promoted underlings might win a few games and wreck the draft position. Add to that that players don't believe in the senior CS anymore so no buy-in to game plans so no surprises to be expected on the field.

What a shambles from top to bottom.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah...the Pittsburgh Steelers.

They may be assholes, but they are assholes that win ballgames.

But I'm open for suggestions. I can't jump on the Rams bandwagon...that would be too easy.

Chargers are local to me and game seats are cheap.
    I don't care for the uniform colors...but so what

I like Mayfield....hmm.

15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nicely said. I'm on board with this 100%

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm pretty much in the same boat.... but you can also add the KNICKS to this. I used to be a BIG fan, but disgust at them has carried over to the NBA as a whole also.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No. The team is in remission - that's not the same thing.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

? ! ! !

Fuck Mike Tomlin

and fuck Billy Smith, that Bill Barber-diving,
    Bobby Clark-slashing son of a bitch while we're at it. . : )

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

Absolutely agree. That was a bit of unreserved sarcasm on my part!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

20. mr nyjet

let's be honest: rex got fired in buffalo when he was 7-8. assumimg he had coached the last game, he might have been 8-8.

everybody here knows he got short changed by idzik. he did get to two afc championship games.

he did beat the pats in foxborough in the playoffs. the steelers have never done that.

i am not advocating rehiring rex, but wouldn't you trade bowles for him right now? heck, i'd swap mccagnon for mangini right now ( draft rounds 2-5) .

point is that if you want to develop sam, you need Jim Harbaugh, not John.

don't be surprised if neither harbaugh, or lincoln rielly, or david shaw, or bruce ariens decline to even interview with the team in the offseason.

don't assume that defillippo , or the kc oc will accept either. i can see coaches other than belichick advising their friends not to come here.

somehow, i do not see the johnsons or their business advisor ( ira) letting one guy control the entire operation.
    that is probably why the hoodie quit after only 24 hours. he was advised of that by some insider.