POLL : Your choice for next Jets Head Coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 5, 2018.

?

What would you prefer?

1. An ex NFL Head Coach

39.2%
  2. Current NFL Offensive Coordinator with no prior HC experience

43.3%
  3. Current NFL Defensive Coordinator with no prior HC experience

2.1%
  4. Current College Head Coach with zero NFL experience

15.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

John Harbaugh please

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Giant pass from me. All my Steelers fans friends hate him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

One of these 7

Jim Harbaugh
    Lincoln Riley
    John Harbaugh
    David Shaw
    John Difillipo
    Matt Lefleur
    Matt Campbell

#164 Attackett, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  5. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I would hate this. He's such a prick.

BacktoQueens and joe like this.
  6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Hopefully the next HC comes with offensive background who has experience and success in developing QB's. The league is a QB driven league and Darnold is the guy we are going to build this franchise around. Who that will be I have no idea.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Here is my dream scenario. Jim Harbaugh wins the National Championship with Michigan this year giving him the big prize and an exit opportunity at the top, and we make him the next Head Coach with complete control. Say goodbye to the GM, HC, all the coaching staff and ALL the scouting staff. Let Jim do anything he wants.

8. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh, give the man anything he demands. Just do it!

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And you tell me that I'm outta my mind? LOL I used to like Del Rio, but he has failed miserably as a HC twice. He's not even as good as a DC as he once was. No thanks.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Like when you break up with a girlfriend/boyfriend, even though the moment is sad, hope arises.

Bowles isn't the right fit for us. Macc isn't the right fit for us. Wish them both the best.

Hope is here everyone. I'm very excited to be one step closer to finding our "franchise" coach

dmarz45 likes this.
  11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I like them all but Matt LeFleur is intriguing

Has the Titans and Mariota looking good on offense...In the mold of the Rams and Bears coaches

If we get duped into McCarthy I give up....There’s a reason Rodgers can’t stand him, the guy is a dolt

12. NCJetsfan

You sound like a very nice person, much nicer than me. Long I could have some compassion for, but not Bowles. I won't feel one ounce of sympathy for Bowles. He brought his firing upon himself with his lack of discipline, not learning anything in 4 years as HC, his conservatism, his lack of football situational awareness, and his overall passiveness and stupidity. He took a lot of money and wasted four years of my beloved team.

dmarz45 likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I see you still have your Cranky Pants on this morning. The Jets will do that to a body.

NCJetsfan and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Because we can't have two choices I'm going young offensive first time but I agree. It's time to get an experienced NFL head coach. No more guys learning on the job. That being said none of the offensive retreads intrigue me. Harbaugh but don't think he is leaving Michigan. Especially not for the Jets. So by process of elimination I'm leaning towards De Fillipo LaFleur guys like that.

15. NCJetsfan

In terms of experienced, former NFL HCs, my order of preference would be something like this:

1. Jim Harbaugh - offensive background, fiery and has tough, disciplined teams
    2. John Harbaugh - no offensive background and was never a coordinator, but was a very good HC for the Ravens, I just looked and his record since the SB is 44-45. YIKES!
    3. Mike McCarthy - strong offensive background
    4. Todd Haley - offensive background, concerns about his personality

5. All the rest - former HCs who were DCs before they became HCs

I don't include Bruce Arians because he's a friend of Bowles and would likely never agree to even interview, plus he's too old; otherwise, he'd be at or near the top of my list.

#175 NCJetsfan, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh ...hands down for me. Let him sing "The Victors" one last time and then resurrect this can of worms

Chris and Woody need their best sales pitch and 12 Mil for year one ..but there's our saviour guys if it can happen!

ouchy, JetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jim or John Harbaugh are 1a or 1b with me.

No shot i want That buffoon in Green Bay. He’s almost as clueless As Bowles.

18. NCJetsfan

He may be garbage, but I'm not so certain about that. If he is, why hasn't GB fired him? He's on his second GM and still employed as their HC. He at least stresses offense and is experienced, which is what I think we need.

IMO even with their being several intriguing OCs out there, the last thing we need is yet another novice HC who has to learn on the job. That can work with a veteran team, but not with a young rebuilding team. It needs a steady, experienced hand.

If you're right about McCarthy, then that means we either have to induce Jim Harbaugh to leave Michigan, hope that his brother John will come here and stress offense, not defense, or go with Todd Haley, and I know a lot of Jets fans wouldn't be happy with him.

19. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

If this guy was an offensive mind I'd jump all over him but he is a defensive guy. Maybe the new coach can convince him to be the D. Coordinator but I really like Kris Richard Cowboys secondary and former Seahawks d coordinator. Lots of things to like about him but defensive mind and no hc experience. Not the guy we need now.

20. NCJetsfan

I really believe we need an experienced HC, but if Jim Harbaugh won't leave Michigan or come here, I am getting less than excited about John Harbaugh, Mike McCarthy and Todd Haley. If we have to go the route of a novice HC, it would be a tossup for me as to whom I would prefer. Would an NFL coordinator be preferable over a collegiate HC with little or no NFL experience? If so, would it be DeFilippo? LaFleur? Campbell? Bieniemy? Carmichael? If not, I don't think Lincoln Riley is an option, so I guess Chris Peterson would head my list over David Shaw or Dino Babers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.