2019? LOLOLOLOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Pretty convenient at the moment.;)

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well yeah.. Except the year when we beat them. They almost threw me out of the house... :)

3. Cman68

Let see if that was an outlier.. :)

Helluva PR stunt if nothing else...

#22 Cman68, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You’re braver than I; I’ve only seen international soccer matches there and it was a nightmare to get in and out of the area so I am too afraid to try.

all you have to do is look in the eyes of Anthony Lynn vs Todd Bowles and you know which is built to lead men.

5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

With the right moves, I can see this team becoming a playoff contender next year. Hire an offensive minded HC who has developed a QB. Hire a GM who can spot talent. Draft a LT, C, WR/RB. Sign a top FA edge rusher, OL depth, and a WR for depth. But will they make the right moves? I'm skeptical. Oh no, I'm turning into the OP's state of Jets fandom.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Bowles will be fired. That is a guarantee. No matter how big a fan Christopher Johnson is of him. It was similar with Rex. Woody loved him and did not want to fire him, but sometimes your hand is forced. Bowles forced his hand with this last month of play. He should have been fired in 2016. Last year he was given the "rebuild" and no talent excuse. That is all gone now. It's over.

As for 2019, funny you made this thread, because I thought about that earlier. All of my hopes and plans have to be pushed a year because this was a waste of a season. My hope was to be decent this year then make a huge leap next year. Now the hope will be to be decent in 2019 and make the jump in 2020. Sad.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I played hockey my whole life and have been an Islander fan since the early 80's (thank you Billy Smith) ... but I quit following the team sometime after the Yashin deal and around the time they drafted Rick. It was not that I stopped loving the Isles, but I could just not handle how unbelievably inept the organization had become from top to bottom. In fact my disenchantment with the Isles (and some fucked up life situations) led me to quit watching hockey completely for a number of years. Matt Barzal got me to tune in more last year and adding Lou and Barry Trotz this year has me full in. The thought of having a competent Coach GM duo was enough to reignite my love for the game to where i'm watching non Islander games again.

I hope to hell every Jets fan sees where I'm going with this ... I'm losing interest. not just in the Jets but the NFL as a whole, not because the Jets are bad, but because we are bad in a way that offers no hope. We are bad from top to bottom and i'm now completely convinced of it. We need changes at all levels of this organization.

twown, stinkyB, Red Menace and 2 others like this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Xbox one X is a powerful tool.

There, Jets go 16-0 and Sam Darnold looks like the second coming of Joe Montana.

It's been high time you made your exit to the Madden world. :)

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

nevermind, somebody beat me to it :)

10. Cman68

Anyone up for a 2021 playoff run?

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ugly Cman.....very ugly but shame on us for expecitng anything much different.

the silver lining is 100 million in cap and a shiny new QB (even if he wont turn out to be the best of the bunch). any decent head coach material will look at that and say lets give it a shot.

my short list right now which could change a bit - jim harbaugh, mccarthy (pack), and believe it or not, mangini. jets NEED to make a decision quick on harbaugh cause there will be the usual 4-5 vacancies this year at least.

top pick - jim harbaugh. guy can coach and he is not too far removed from the game. will do wonders for darnold. we also need an attitude and the clash with the NY media will be priceless.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  12. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

I will like McCarthy.

Cman68 likes this.
  13. Cman68

If Macc remains lucky, 2019 will become the year 2018 should have been. I'm not at all comfortable with Macc having $100m to spend as his FA signings haven't really produced the ROI they should have. TJ is the latest example of that. Regarding the draft, Macc has been uncharacteristically lucky as Jet GM's go but luck has a way of running out.

We're really looking at 2021 as a viable timeline especially IF LittleBro cleans house. I like Harbaugh but I think the structure of the jets might be a deal breaker. Macc would have to take a backseat to a HC. In fact, if they do go after a prior HC, it will be their first time doing so as they trend towards newbies. If there was a strong org chart in place already, it would be a terrific sell to a guy probably looking at his legacy. I actually can see Harbaugh taking the Browns job over the Jets because of the quality GM they have in place.

I'm not sure which was the biggest mistake. Keeping both Macc and Bowles or not firing Macc and going all in on Dorsey. The Jet HC job, even with all the FA cash, may not be the most attractive of all the jobs that will come open after the season. Harbaugh will be able to pick and choose. Would he pick us?

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm honestly not sold Bowles makes it through this week. But I am fairly certain he doesn't make it into next season. A new offensive minded coach, loads of cap space, and Darnold year 2, and I maintain optimism for 2019. BUT it starts with a new coach. If we don't do that, then it's all pointless.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  15. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

You're contradicting yourself. If they are PR sensitive then they'd fire Bowles right now because everyone fan wants it.

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That depends, what team will we be following expecting them to make the playoffs that year?

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Too optimistic a time frame.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  18. Cman68

It would make them look like they're caving to the fanbase just like when Idzik was fired. If you remember, that wasn't a very pretty image of Jet ownership. It would just make it harder to attract quality candidates to a team with a weak Org chart and Ownership. They have to ride this thing out in 2018 to its inevitable conclusion hoping that somewhere along the way, Bowles manages to get several more wins out of this roster. They put themselves in this position with the extensions and now they've painted themselves into a corner. Its a no win for the Jets whatever the choice is.

#37 Cman68, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  19. Cman68

Now you and I both know the answer to that don't we.....

20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Too many gaps to plug. The only chance of that happening is to get a top 2/3 pick and trade down to get multiple picks - and hit on every one (not something we’ve ever done). If we try the above through free agency then we are going to be paying big money for a lot of players. I’ll guarantee at least two or three will go full-Wilkerson on us.

21. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Get the fuck out of here.

joe likes this.