2019? LOLOLOLOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Several things... First and foremost, Chris Johnson is a fan first, CEO second. He's a huge Blowes fan and if you're looking for a cherry on top, how about this: How do you think Woody would react to seeing his hire (Blowes) fired midseason after Little Bro Chris just gave him and the mastermind of this shitfest Macc, 2 year extensions???

Blowes will make it to the end of the season and even if he comes in worse than 5-11, and I think they will, that still doesn't mean SuperFan Chris will pull the trigger. The bigger problem is Macc and his lousy eye for star talent being in the draft or FA. Stars fall to us probably out of pity by the football gods. They must scratch their celestial heads wondering when this franchise will gets its collective heads out of its asses.

Sadly, the Jets print money and that's the bottom line. The Johnsons ain't going nowhere and neither are the Jets any time soon.

2019? Pass the pipe. Try 2020 or most likely 2021 IF THEN.

rinvesto and sec314 like this.
  2. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

Just in time to start paying our franchise QB like a franchise QB.. Well, that's if they haven't managed to break him by then.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If that's the case and nothing changes, it has been nice knowing you, because my days as a Jets fan will be over. No way in hell I'm hanging around here or this joke of a franchise if Mac and Bowles are retained.

4. Cman68

I've become more of a casual fan now. Simply easier to deal with the ineptitude.

jixxjr, Peebag, dogg and 2 others like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I can't be a casual anything. If I'm not passionate about something, then I'm not gonna waste my time on it. I've given the Jets 51 years of my life. Fuck 'em if they can't get this right this offseason.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

if christopher is really in charge, he mans up and fires people.
    tells his brother the fanbase is openly revolting and the bottom line is in danger of a steep drop in revenue.
    desperate times demand decisive action.

NYJetsO12 and abc like this.
  7. Cman68

I'm passionate about the things that give me joy. I'm casual about the things I'm interested in that really don't affect my overall life. I'm a passionate fisherman. I'm a casual Jet Fan now. 5 decades of this shit simply has taught me to put the Jets where they rank in my life. I'm a fan, but expect so very little from them that they rarely if ever disappoint me.

Peebag, dogg, Jets69 and 7 others like this.
  8. Cman68

And do you have any empirical evidence that courage is a trait in the Johnson's DNA?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

While I haven't quite given them as many years as you have, I'm in about the same boat. Can't put up with this nonsense too much longer. Their nonsense has occupied a few decades of my time and I'm not necessarily inclined to allow them to continue screwing with much more of it moving into the future.

NYJetsO12 and dogg like this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm of the same mind.

I'm adopting another team to root for in the short term.

Thinking the Steelers are the way to go...if only for Mike Tomlin.

Now there's a helluva good football coach.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The call to fire Bowles has become to great. Coming into the season the media, like the fans, were split on Bowles, but now the outcry is unified to fire him. There are no apologists left.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. Cman68

I'm a Chief's fan by marriage so there's always that. :)

NY Jets68 and legler82 like this.
  13. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

How do you know any of that? You're just speculating, and it's annoying because you're looking at everything being the worst case scenario.

Theres a clear blue print in the NFL. Find a young QB, and then find an offensive coach and put talent around him. I full expect the Jets to do that. If Bowles is losing hes losing, I don't see why the Johnsons would retain him.

14. JetBlue

It’s a good time to live in LA, we have the Rams and Chargers, both of which serve as examples of how the right hire can quickly make your players more talented.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I'd say Bowles is pretty much a dead man walking. There's a chance that Mac is retained, for better or worse.

If they do end up retaining him, for the draft it's basically OL, Nick Bosa, or the door.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The only thing more "revolting" is the product they're putting on the field.

It's a shame that the fans have to freak out before these knuckleheads do anything.

Billboards for $100, Alex

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. JetBlue

Clearly he’s speculating; if you think every post written here is based on insider information and isn’t opinion I advise you to brace yourself for disappointment.

NYJetsO12, Leicester Jet and Cman68 like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting Chargers seats.

They are a bargain right now...plus the Carson Center is a pretty good place to watch pro football.

Not too crazy about baby blue, thougho_O

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Anthem Stand by Chris Johnson. It would have been a lot easier to back away or outright trash the phenomenon as many other owners did. Standing up with the players while also defusing the situation was a very risky move and he should be applauded for threading a needle that might have pricked him really hard from many different angles.

Sam Hammer, Zach, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  20. Cman68

How do I know this? Well, the Jets don't do mid-season firings in the Johnson Era for starters so that pretty much guarantees Blowes is here until the end of the season. Second, I'm looking at the worst case scenario because when it comes to the Jets, I've long since dropped any childish rah rah homerish dreams about this team and have learned to accept the harsh reality that is this franchise. Third, I have over 50 years of empirical evidence to back up my skepticism and dark view of this team. Fourth, there's the Johnson's well known penchant for being PR sensitive/reactive. They're very image conscious. Woody gave Little Bro Chris the keys to the kingdom and Chris being the SuperFan that he is, not to mention a big fan of Blowes, will give him every opportunity to finish his extension unless fate forces his hand.

#2021 at the earliest

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.