Darnold in Boot (Out against Cheats)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not freaking out, but I don't want Sam winding up with a chronic ankle condition that plagues him the rest of his career or having to get surgery following his rookie season rather than continuing to work to develop. There's being tough, and there's being stupid trying to be tough. If it's a high ankle sprain, they're nothing to mess around with. If he's not injured at all, I want Bowles exposed for the incompetent fraud that he is.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Not sure what your point is? Rosen didn't have a bye and didn't sit. He got hurt on a Thursday night game and played the following Sunday.

I think if Sam is hurt sit him. If he can play he should play.

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  3. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Not making a point, was legit asking if Sam can play should he or is he sitting because we have a bye to follow. But ya answered the question in your last sentence.

It also appears Sam is ready to sit and learn this game - https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...l-treat-sitting-out-as-a-learning-experience/

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They shoulda put Sam in a neck brace.

Looks a lot more convincing and much harder to prove.

Hate to say it but that interview with Sam is full of telltale signs that his "injury" is a bunch of malarkey.

I don't blame the Jets one bit.

Darnold is playing like shit.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

There is no reason to play Darnold this weekend vs the Bills, the mass hysteria going on right now is crazy. Conspiracy theories left and right. Fellas, its a high ankle strain and we have a bye week coming up, let the kid rest and get ready for the tail end of our schedule. There is no reason to risk hurting him more in a meaningless game where our coaching staff will inevitably prove how incompetent they are (again).

FJF likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I blame them. If you want to bench him, have the balls to bench him. Don't pull this fake injury BS.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If Sam is hurt and has to sit because of injury that's not the same thing as a development plan to sit him as part of a development strategy. If the Jets are benching him because he isn't ready and want to bench him for a couple of weeks before throwing him into the fire, Sam is a big boy getting a big check. Just be honest and say we feel Sam could use a little break right now as part of his development. If he can't play because he's hurt of course Sam has to sit and still try and get something out of it.

It's not unreasonable for the Jets to have felt Sam did well enough in pre-season that they wanted to see what he could do in live games. It's also not unreasonable to say after seeing him that they want to go in another direction for both the team and Sam's development.

If he's hurt, he's hurt. If the team and/or Sam is lying about the injury because they don't want it to be perceived as a benching that's a different story. The truth is always the best way to go unless you've had tremendous success lying.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Like the Patriots...amirite?

Cman68 and FJF like this.
  9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Bingo

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. Thankfully, it appears that it isn't a high ankle sprain. I just saw several articles that says it is a "foot strain." Still, there is no reason for him to play.

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My guess is this is a nagging injury that he could probably play through and would be if the team had won last week. But at 3-6 it’s easy to play it conservative and sit him down and let his head stop spinning for a week or 3.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Agreed, 100%. Isn't Rodgers playing through an injury that would have kept a normal QB out 6-8 weeks? Darnold is the opposite. They are sitting him for an injury most QB's could play through. That is why Bowles hasn't ruled him out as the back-up yet. So stupid, but so Jets. I'm with you though: I have no problem letting Sam sit for awhile. Could help his growth plus spare him from this joke of an offense for a couple weeks.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Not sure Bowls could lie. He’s pretty good about displaying his ignorance in plain sight for all to see.

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Holy Shit, winning! I'm probably only a handful of select few who go that, hahahaha.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Sam is officially out.

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^
    this is what happens when assclowns talk out their backside

and this is what happens when OC's have sub-par OTs dealing with above-par pass rushers one-on-one:

17. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Really? None of this is McCown's fault--to my view, he has gone out of his way to do things the right way and he's been a pretty damn good team player.

I wish he was the Coach....

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

He surely should have QB Coach lined up for next year if he's offered it. Shit, he's more than likely being paid to already as it is.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

If he's any good, the Jets can trade him for a meaningful pick or two. With the number of holes this roster has, picking up another mid-round pick or two is probably more valuable than picking up one or two spots worth of draft position. The Jets this season are in the unfortunate position of needing premium players AND a large quantity of players, which makes it hard to trade down.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Love those empty backfields.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.