Darnold in Boot (Out against Cheats)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Nov 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preach on oh darkest one!

2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Like I said, try making some sense.

3. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Yup. Illuminati confirmed.

4. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

To believe this, you'd have to believe that Sam isn't a competitor or leader at heart, in which case he's not our Franchise QB.

5. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

All ya do is bitch about darnold. Sorry his 9 games in mastery hasn't been up to snuff for you, but you actually argued the fact a couple of weeks ago that the line had nothing to do with his issues. This is where I question if you'd actually watched the games.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

You just might! The bigger issue for me is I was planning on taking the Jets in my survival pool this week. Now I may need to switch gears and roll with Atl. Those are the only 2 games that I can realistically take this week given who I've picked so far this year and that there are a lot of toss up games this week where I have no confidence in picking other teams (i.e. NYG/SF game)

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

My first thought about the conspiracy was exactly this - I couldn't imagine them being stupid enough to ask him to lie. After seeing that interview, however, I really wonder if he's not lying, simply because they're lying to him. He never actually says that anything hurts; he says he felt fine after the game, and then as part of protocol underwent tests on Monday and they found that "something was a little different than usual." When he was asked if it's gotten worse since Sunday he said "No, it's been good." I've never heard of someone ending up in a boot when he's in absolutely no pain with a sprain.

Can it possibly be that this is just a way to bench him without benching him, and they're covering it up by not telling him the truth? I just can't imagine they'd be that stupid, but this story just doesn't hold together.

K'OB, NY Jets68, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Jets are always a shit show ... it’s just the way GOD wants it , I guess ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

He was kinda hobbling there. But this makes sense. McCown should be able to beat the Bills. Then a bye. Let him heal up

10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Whoever it is If he can execute a shotgun snap we've REALLY got something.

twown and Cman68 like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I can't imagine the NFL would allow a medical staff to lie to a player about an injury. That gets out and Bowles and Mac would have bigger problems than getting fired. My guess is the injury is real but the sort of thing a QB would play through most of the time.

Anyway, this whole thing raises questions about Darnold's character. Not on its own, but when you put it together with the training camp holdout, this is the second time he's acted like a pushover.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Would be hilarious if Darnold knows nothing about this, but the team doctors are making up some bs to keep him out.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Questions about his character?!?

The dudes been nothing but a stand up guy through college and a very trying year in the NFL. At 21.

Geezuz fuck, a holdout? An injury?

Yeah REAL character issues with this asshole.

14. HomeoftheJets

Yeah it does. He allowed his agent to jerk him around to the detriment of the Jets. If the injury isn't on the up and up he's allowing the staff to jerk him around to the detriment of the Jets. That isn't being a leader. Now am I saying I've lost faith in him? Hell no. It's just a pattern I'm pointing out which will probably amount to nothing. But since this is a discussion board I posted it. Not like I started a thread.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thank you for articulating exactly what I was thinking. Questioning Darnold commmitiment and placing most of the blame on him while half of these assholes are mailing it in, including TJ. We put Sam in harms way in front of the most pathetic OL and game plan ever, surrounded by a mediocre supporting cast as a rookie is mind boggling to me. This is dejavu of the Colts and Andrew Luck. Staff the team with crap, led by a disfunctional owner and a fairly incompetent CS and it's Lucks fault.
    Wake me up when this moronic leadership and worst CS ever is the fuck gone.

16. HomeoftheJets

If you're referring to me, I questioned Darnold's assertiveness, not his commitment. And I didn't place most of the blame on him, that would be ridiculous.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its not about Sam... This move gets the entire CS and FO off the hook. The team was trending down and Sam was starting to look too much like a scared rookie. Hell, if they pull this off, Bowles won't have to worry about another 5-11 because he'll have his excuse baked in. Superfan Chris will go along with it like everything else and nothing changes even for $100m.

18. Rollo Tomassi

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

19. HomeoftheJets

Inconceivable.

20. Rollo Tomassi

He questioned Sam’s character.

Of all the holy fucking ridiculous things I’ve heard here, that takes the cannoli.

LAJet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.