Week 9 Post-Game "Quotes"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Nov 5, 2018.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Robby Anderson -

I find this very telling to what I think we all see coming from the offensive scheme, it doesn't take a trained eye to observe this.
    For a player to come out and state this very thing shows that this isn't just an outside perception.

Brook! and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The offense appeared to quit on Sam yesterday. Especially after the shitshow that was Long and his snaps.

3. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

even the game announcers questioned why long was still in there. he should have been pulled in the 1st quarter and replaced with harrison.

receivers lack seperation? why not put cannon in the slot? why not try mcguire as the starter at rb? crowell is no threat out of the backfield.

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

According to head coach Bowles, we just didn't execute.

No shit Sherlock.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Rex lost me when I began to realize that he just stood up there and spouted the same shit over and over, but seemed to be totally clueless as to what the actual ANSWERS were . Bowles appears to have gone to the same school. These guys have no fucking clue how to fix fairly obvious situational football issues. Hell, Bowes can't even figure out when to pull a guy because he is hurting more than helping you. How the hell are these guys NFL head coaches ? It seems that the words "we just didn't execute" are NFL head coach speak for "I don't have a fucking clue."

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

adams said he is sick of losing

Three straight losses, and tempers are starting to flare in the Jets’ locker room, Bob Glauber of Newsday reports.

“I’m [ticked] off. I’m [ticked] off,” safety Jamal Adams said Sunday after a 13-6 loss to the Dolphins dropped the Jets to 3-6. “I don’t know what else to say. I’m sick of losing. Honestly, I’m sick of losing. Enough is enough. I’m fed up with losing.”

Adams suggested his teammates ought to “look yourself in the mirror, man. Everybody. Everybody in this locker room. Look yourself in the mirror. I’m not going to hold my tongue for anything anymore. Enough is enough. I’m not a loser. I don’t do this for fantasy points or anything like that. I do this for the love of the game. I’m very passionate.

“I’m passionate about this team and I believe in this team. I go out there each and every day and play for this team. I’m just frustrated.”

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I think the pick six had more to do with it than the center.

Clearly Adams quote is directed at the offense. They allowed more points than they scored.

#7 ouchy, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Cman68 likes this.
  8. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Gotta love Bart going off on Bowles.

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gut says Bart just echoes players sentiment..they will mutiny soon

Jets81 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm all in on Jamal Adams' fire, but I wish he would either do it more succinctly or do it privately. He isn't pointing fingers, but he is. Yeah, I'm sick of the Jets losing and I'm pissed off, too, but sometimes I really don't want to hear it. Take the high road, what a concept. Just say that you're frustrated, that's it. Innocent bystanders already know why.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

If they quit they shouldn't be on an NFL team. Whatever is going on, do your best. If you mail it in, get off the field and be embarrassed for yourself. At least have some pride and don't take it out on Darnold who is in an increasingly crap situation. I was completely against him starting as you know. That's the Johnson's for ya. Always thinking about ticket sales first. How'd that turn out, lol.

EDIT & P.S.: The tickets in my old section are going for circus peanuts game by game, haha. F you, Woody.

#12 jetophile, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Cman68 likes this.
  13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Long was mentioned multiple times, you're right. I wanted to see more McGuire than we did.

14. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

These guys have no fucking clue how to fix fairly obvious situational football issues. Hell, Bowes can't even figure out when to pull a guy because he is hurting more than helping you. How the hell are these guys NFL head coaches ? It seems that the words "we just didn't execute" are NFL head coach speak for "I don't have a fucking clue."[/QUOTE]

the hoodie up in new england does nothing but drill that team over and over again about situational football.
    why do you think lombardi's packers were so hard to beat? hoodie is a student of the game and its history.
    he can lecture about the afl of the 60's and how that league has been resurected for the past decade by nfl rule tweeks.
    the league that used to ridicule the afl as a mickey mouse league now copied it and looks exactly the same.
    watch today's chragers and compare them to the 60's under sid gillman (offense) and chuck noll ( defense).

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

That whole play started with a terrible snap by the Center. The entire offensive timing went to shit, and you could see it with Darnold having to focus on the snap rather than the read.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails and Jets81 like this.
  16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

The biggest concern I have on offense is the lack of separation. Guys just are not open. When Danrold rolls out of the pocket, he should be able to find a guy break free. It baffles me how NO ONE is open when he scrambles.

I will be the first one to tell you that Darnold had a horrible game and has struggled as of late, but it is hard to ignore reasons for this. When there is an issue, you find the cause of the issue and you fix it. The offensive line is not blocking and his receivers are not getting separation. Whether that's on Bowles, Bates, the players, etc., I'm not sure, but somehting needs to be fixed.

Darnold is 21 years old. He's not a Tom Brady or Drew Brees. He isn't capable of consistently throwing receivers open. He does, from time to time, but you can not expect him to do that consistently in his first year. Guys need to get open

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

There were guys open and he has not seen them. I agree, we need some type of weapon, but he has missed opportunities.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

18. Falco21

I disagree entirely. I have watched and rewatched his film. Obviously I can only see what they show on tape, but I don't see people open like you claim. In fact, in almost every game, the announcers are constantly saying how no one is open for him to throw to.

19. Great post though This is nothing new. The passing game schemes & personnel have been crap outside of 09/10. Both the pass pro & play of the skills have been consistently inconsistent. Doesnt matter how good Sam is or isnt..the whole Offense needs to attention.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Falco21

Nothing new is exactly right. The only thing new is a talented rookie QB who is desperately trying to make plays in an offense with terrible play calling and horrible blocking.