#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

AS some pointed out he is losing the team but it looks like it has started. IN today NYPOST there are many complaints about losing and being tired of it yet here is what the HC says,

" We have to execute better,” Bowles said. “We have to execute better in a lot of situations. And we turned the ball over and lose the turnover battle 4-0, that’s tough to do. We get some yards and then we shoot ourselves in the foot, whether it’s penalty-wise or it’s just execution-wise and we got to do a better job of that.”We have to execute better,” Bowles said. “We have to execute better in a lot of situations. And we turned the ball over and lose the turnover battle 4-0, that’s tough to do. We get some yards and then we shoot ourselves in the foot, whether it’s penalty-wise or it’s just execution-wise and we got to do a better job of that.”

If this isn't an indictment of his incompetence I don't know what is. You are the HC you F***ing idiot. Its your job to get the team to execute to play fundamentally sound FB... Chis woods wake the F up and fire this loser because the only culture this fool has created is LOSING.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Bowles is done after this year. I don't think there is anyway they can retain him after this season.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

God damn, watched my first post game press conference, I thought Bowles was going to cry, he had that sulking look on his face :(

CBG likes this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He knows his seat is close to 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Coach Bowles miked up

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

"We just have to execute better." The mantra of all coaches who have no idea how to prepare players to consistently play as well as they can, or how to put players in their best position to succeed.

7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

A few things:

1. Here's the question I would have liked to hear some intrepid reporter ask Bowles yesterday: Given what we've seen over the last four years, why should ownership or the fans have any confidence that you have what it takes to turn this around? I'm dying to know how he would answer that one.

2. As many on here have pointed out, Bowles should have been fired after last season. All that keeping him for this year, whether in the name of stability, continuity or what, has done is waste Darnold's rookie year. I hope no permanent damage has been done.

3. How much confidence do you have that the trust-fund twins, Woody and Chris, will hire the kind of offensive mind this team needs to develop Darnold? Will these clowns hire another consultant who will simply recommend all his pals from the old-boy network? If they can Maccagnan, too, it doubles the risk they'll make at least one absymal hire.

4. The trust-fund doofuses will have to fire Bowlers after the season. While the Johnson boys may know about as much about football as your johnson or my johnson, they know enough to know that Bowles has lost the fan base and any support he had in the media. For them, that will be enough.

5. Is anyone getting the idea that there might have been a reason why Jeremy Bates was out of the league when Bowles hired him?

6. Bowles think the players need to execute better? He says that a lot, doesn't he? Do you think maybe there's a problem with a coaching staff that continually puts in game plans that his players can't execute? This season, has any player lost his job because of his inability to execute the game plan?

#1927 Since1969, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  8. statjeff22

Actually, more than that. If there's a 50/50 chance on each hire and the abysmal nature of each hiring is independent of the other, the chances of getting (at least) one wrong if you hire one is 50%, but the chances of getting at least one wrong if you hire two is 75% (only a 25% chance you'll get both right). If your chances of getting each one right is about 1/3, which is probably closer to the truth for these clowns, the chances of getting at least one wrong if you're hiring both is about 90%! And if you think a bad hire at GM is more likely to occur with a bad hire at coach (a lack of independence) the chances would be even higher!

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's reasoning like this that makes me hate statistics!:p

But this is why I prefer they first hire a Pres. of Football Ops who KNOWS what he's looking for to do the hiring. Failing that, or in the meantime, keep Macc and fire Bowles.

egelband likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

hate to say this again, but if required, triple Harbaugh's Michigan salary and make him PFO. Turn the team over to him and FINALLY get a true rebuild started from the top down.

NYJetsO12 and egelband like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

I'm not opposed to that either, but I think he wants to coach.

NYJetsO12 and egelband like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

But isn’t there a 50/50 chance they get that wrong. Which would mean if they do get it wrong it’s a 100% chance he gets the 2 other hires wrong .

egelband likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

Or, they could do NOTHING and have a 100% chance of remaining wrong.

HomeoftheJets and egelband like this.
  14. FJF

What makes any on think harbaugh would be a good executive? He was a good coach,I guess, for a stacked team and his act wore thin pretty quick.

TonyFtLaud, zace and egelband like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

That's also a valid point. But you could examine how he's done at Michigan since that's an "executive" type role.

egelband likes this.
  16. FJF

I don’t like any of these odds

egelband likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

That's why I said I hate statistics!:D

FJF and egelband like this.
  18. FJF

Completely different. Huge rosters, recruiting kids who will be there 4-5 years max,no cap. Can’t even compare the 2.

egelband likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

Yes, different, but not "completely" different. As a college HC he needs to hire good people and delegate and coordinate everything. I'm not saying it's a surefire method of qualifying, but it certainly shows whether a guy has the aptitude.

20. statjeff22

Stop blaming statistics for speaking the truth!

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.