Your message to Johnson brothers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 5, 2018.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Hit them in the pocket book. STOPPED going to games, STOPPED buying any type of NYJ gear. Billionaires need a slapped in the face to get the measure. Because they have not fired TB or MCCC all they care about is taking our money & given us NOTHING in return :mad:

NYJetsO12, Jets69, jixxjr and 3 others like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s maddening how people do not understand this.
    Just like the poster above me.

Jets1035 likes this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Champ is right.

geez....I never thought I'd say that.:confused:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yep.

The Jets are junior partners.

Biggs likes this.
  5. FJF

No he is not. They could play in front of empty seats and still make money. Tv deals and corporate sponsors make up the bulk of the revenue. Also merchandise is split equally amongst all the teams. $32 t shirt? Each team gets a $1 regardless of what team name is on the front.

6. FJF

My message to Chris is there is no salary cap in a scouting dept. or coaching staff. Throw money at scouting, let’s try to be innovative here. Employ some analytics get some research going and try to get better at bringing in talent in a modern era.

7. Bingo.They have no issue opening the checkbook for a competitive advantage.Flood your scouting dept w talented people w a proper chain of command & give yourself a true edge

NCJetsfan, Brook!, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Brook, your heart is in the right place, but your entreaty is for naught. The Johnsons own one of the most profitable sports teams in the world, and that's despite the fact that they've been a losing franchise for most of their history. They will NOT sell this team. Our only hope is that they're embarrassed enough to finally do what they should have done long ago: hire a Pres. of Football Ops who knows how to build a sustainably winning franchise and let him run it and keep your hands off it. Do it NOW! Whether you fire Bowles right now or not (Please, please, PLEASE do it NOW!!!), you need to get someone in place ASAP to start doing the groundwork to get this team built right. There is no salary cap on the F.O., and hiring this guy doesn't interfere with the current situation, unless he decides to clean house now (Please, please, PLEASE do it NOW!!!), so get it done Woody and Chris, because after 55+ years, I don't have much more time to be "patient".

Brook!, Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm no mathematician, but that ain't correct.

Who pays for the ink?

Anyway...it's all about optics.

If a crummy billboard can get a GM tossed, imagine a home game where nobody shows up.

Won't happen...I know. We can do the old tried & true paper bag masks.

[​IMG]

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Cashman > Maccagnan if you are going to compare the two franchises. Cashman gives a shit.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am glad I am not alone with how upset yesterday's game made me. It was just the last 7+ years coming to a head. Fans can only take so much. Especially the optimistic fans who keep giving the team a chance like me. It's embarrassing to watch. You ask yourself "Why do I waste my time and money? It's ridiculous."

What I would tell Chris Johnson is: FIRE BOWLES TODAY. Fire Rodgers too. Fire Bates too. He is the worst of them all. His offense is trash. I don't want him messing up Sam's development any longer. I am still torn on Mac, but at this moment I say fire him too.

Clean house and start fresh in 2019 with:
    -A new Head Coach
    -A new General Manager
    -Solid Free Agent additions
    -A Franchise QB in Sam Darnold
    -New logos and jerseys

I think fans could get behind that.

Cman68, tomdeb, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  12. FJF

If the stadium is empty they will probably let the event crew go home without pay. Poor rob working the game as a part time gig to get his kids some nice Christmas presents and he has to go home because the jets suck and the fans are pissed. Suzy can’t have that Malibu dream house with garage for the Jeep because the jets are 3-6. Is that what you want? You proud of yourself for ruining a 5 year olds Christmas because of a game? . Do you ever think of anyone but yourself? I bet your kids getting the Malibu dream house.

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

As silly as it sounds, the new jersey factor may sway to make a change in HC & GM.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  14. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Making a big splash with the CS and head office when they release the re brand might actually be a huge win headlines wise which we all know Woody loves. Wouldn't be shocked if the new hires are the first step in what should be a huge upheaval this off season. I'm still optimistic they are on the right path.

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

You've owned the team for almost 20 years for once go hire a quality experienced GM and HC.

Hand Jim Harbaugh a blank check let him mold Darnold and the offense.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

can I have a grand?

17. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

disagree with you.
    empty seats send a message. so do planes and billboards.
    huge drops in parking and concession revenue, which are not subject to revenue sharing, send a message.
    even the johnson brothers are not that stupid when they see the bottom line...

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Fuck those kids.

Let 'em play with rocks like I did.

[​IMG]

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Toss Bowles, keep Macc until we see how Sam pans out. I see no reason to start the whole thing over, on a account of a losing record during a rookie QB's first season. Bowles has demonstrated he doesn't learn from mistakes, Bates is not a good OC.

Macc is trying to build it properly this time and Chris Johnson is behind that. He gets a few years. Bowles is on the hot seat, but I could see him given one last chance next year provided he gets a real offensive coordinator and some weapons / oline help. The defense is in a pretty good place right now, but the offense needs an overhaul.

#39 Sam Hammer, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  20. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

If they are not in competition with other owner (they are not) and if they have one of the most profitable franchises, then the question is... Why don't or why wouldn't they want to hire qualified coaching/real talent in operations?