At least we aren’t the Giants.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 29, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

No avatar?

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

In the middle of switching out. Tomorrow is the big day! Halloween!

[​IMG]

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Finally something we can agree on. @legler82 and @Br4d are legends for spotting quality QB’s well before talking heads in media.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i'll gladly trade for the giant's VLT's and inherit the current mess.

5. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Officially a dumpster fire now.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Stidham doesn't have Mahomes/Allen type arm strength but he has a strong arm. I'd say his arm is stronger than Darnold/Rosen and has just as much arm talent. That said, I'll admit he doesn't have their moxie. He throws such a beautiful catchable ball that it sometimes doesn't look like he is throwing the ball hard but trust me the kid can spin it. Thanks to Guz Malzahn he will will now get under-drafted short of his talent level. That's why last year I was pushing last year for him to come out. Another year in that system was only going to hurt his development. Hate to say I told you so Stidham but I told you so.

Jarrett Stidham 2017 Games Discussion Thread
    Post by: legler82, Dec 3, 2017 in forum: Draft

My updated review of QBs for the 2018 draft.
    Post by: legler82, Nov 11, 2017 in forum: Draft

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

@legler82 By underdrafted do you mean after round 1? If the Giants get him in the 2nd round because his stock fell and he becomes a star for them......

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

He's probably played himself out of the first if the scouts are swayed heavily by production. However, if they look beyond the stats and evaluate mainly on talent; he's a certainly first round pick. I'd say bottom half of the first because he just hasn't displayed the "it factor" guys like Darnold, Wentz, Mahomes, Mayfield, Rosen...etc had coming out. That I can't blame that on Malzahn.

EDIT: Honestly, I don't know if he has "star" in him but he's guy that is capable of putting up good numbers. Think Sam Bradford; when he's actually playing and not hurt he puts very good but is he a star? Nah. With the skill position talent the Giants have that's all they would need.

#48 legler82, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

More than just a traffic violation, apparently. According to the police, "He was charged with eluding police, obstructing administration of law, resisting arrest, reckless driving, disregarding an officer's directions, improper turn in a marked traffic lane and failure to remain in a marked lane." And apparently he was caught on camera doing the same illegal turn yesterday also. I guess he figures that traffic rules don't apply to superstar Giants players. :rolleyes:

10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talkin' about.

Nice!

#50 Walt White, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Unlucky

12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Any truth to the rumor about alleged “eye nutting”?

13. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

When the dust settles, all the criminal charges will be downgraded to disorderly-persons charges, and the whole mess will be heard in municipal court. The cops loaded up on him because he acted like an asshole (e.g., repeatedly refused to display his license or get out of his car). My question is this: don't you have to suit up for at least one game before you can big-time it and act like an entitled star?

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Of course this isn't going to actually become a criminal conviction (although supposedly the Weehawken police have had reports of him driving recklessly around town before this), but in answer to your question, apparently not. What I think is more interesting is that it isn't even like he was a high draft pick from a big football factory - he's a fourth round pick from an FCS (i.e., I-AA) school who's driving a Jaguar and apparently has had traffic violation problems before in Virginia and Florida (https://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/10/giants_kyle_lauletta_has_history_of_reckless_drivi.html).

It sounds like he's just an asshole.

15. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Well, Shurmur said he's going to discipline him. The best way I can think of is by making him play a game behind that shitty O line, but that would probably be considered cruel and inhuman punishment.

HomeoftheJets likes this.