At least we aren’t the Giants.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 29, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Carr much more so than Winston, Winston has been worse than Eli.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There are none in this upcoming draft, so I don't think you have to worry about that.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

In my opinion the Eagles would still be vastly better than the Giants if they had Winston or Carr (for sure) or Bridgewater (almost certainly). Wentz is playing much better in the last couple of games as he rounds into shape, and they still have 5 divisional games left. I expect them to win at least 10 games, which quite literally means the Giants couldn’t catch them. More to the point, anyone less than Brees or Rodgers couldn’t finish over .500 with that team, and I doubt they could either (7-1 with that OL? I don’t see it). And Alex Smith has proven many times that he can get a team to double digit wins as well, so they’re not catching Washington either.

On the other hand, I would LOVE to see Brady give it a shot behind that line. Now THAT would be highly entertaining.

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

You've never seen a fan base in such denial? Really? How about Cheats fans about their tainted legacy? They'll do back flips and contort themselves like pretzels and argue until blue in the face to get away from it. Hell, Tedy Bruschi did it live on TV. One of the best meltdowns since Denny Green, but at least I liked Green and he was a stand-up guy. It's no wonder 'Pee Wee's Playhouse' is the favorite TV show of Cheats fans everywhere because "I know you are, but what am I?" There are some Cheats fans who are honest about it, though. All two of them.

That being said, I am loving the Giants implosion. My cousin, who I am very close with, is a life-long die hard Giants fan, but because we're very close, I don't rib him as hard as I really could. Earlier in the year he sent me this text how do you do it, the Jets are the worst organization in the history of the NFL, etc. I haven't heard from him in 3 weeks, lol.

5. jetophile

Maybe they're kidding . . . ? o_O

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

At this point in time, RATIONALLY it's better for Jets fans than Giants. There will always be the "But we have Barkley" crowd that doesn't see how bad the Giants truly are.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally agree regarding Bridgewater. I agree, but a little less so with Carr and Tyrod. With Winston, I think they'd possibly be a "contender", but not a real one. The guy is stupid and has been a major disappointment. He was supposed to possess "off the charts" football intelligence, but QBs with that don't throw as many interceptions as he does, and keep making the same mistakes. Look at how many interceptions and fumbles he's had, and he barely has a completion percentage over 60%.

8. jetophile

I hope the Giants never win another game in my lifetime (unless it's something that helps us). That's how deep the river of hatred runs. But eh, at least we aren't the Giants, I get the schadenfreude, but the flip side to the coin is we're still the Jets. I've learned to never crow too loudly about anything lest I look like Leon Lett celebrating too early or Jason Taylor crying his eyes out.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

I wouldn't be so sure about that. There are at least a couple who could turn out to be good, if not very good NFL QBs.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If the Jets were to finally show that they're a quality franchise by winning consistently, it wouldn't matter what the Giants do. The Giants are only recently achieving SOJ level of ineptitude, and while that's gratifying, it doesn't mean the Jets have given up the title. Getting Darnold was BIG step away from the SOJ past, but as long as they retain Bowles, and Macc doesn't do a lot better in talent acquisition, they're not going to turn the corner.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'd say we are better...

jetophile likes this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Carr is the last guy I want to see go to the Giants.

He was off last year on a really shitty team but he's getting back to the level he was in 2015-2016 and you give him the weapons that are on the Giants now and he'll throw for 4000 yards and 30+ TDs.

No Derek Carr to the Giants.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

Concur.

There are always guys who could turn out to be good or even very good QBs but I'm not blown away by this crop, especially if Herbert stays (which he's said he will) and I don't even like him all that much.

Two guys I thought were going to have big years, Ryan Finley and Clayton Thorson, have been okay but not setting the world on fire.

Let the Giants overdraft a QB this year.

14. jetophile

Holy Crap, HAH.

15. NCJetsfan

I'm not blown away either, and in any case, it won't be as good a draft for QBs as this year's draft was. I still can't believe the stupid Giants took a RB over a QB.

Do you not like Drew Lock? He looks like a pretty good prospect to me. How about the QB from Auburn that Legler loves so much, Jarrett Stidham? He hasn't had great stats this season, but doesn't have the talent around him that he had the last 2 seasons.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

To be fair, I'd take 2 Lombardi's this millenia over what we've had all day every day 10x over.

17. Rollo Tomassi

Oh I like Lock just fine--rocket arm but not precision accuracy. I see him missing easy throws every once in a while and I like those throws to be automatic even before you start talking about tight windows. Lock will be the first QB taken IMHO but I don't think he deserves to be a top 3-5 pick. I could be wrong.

Stidham is weird--he doesn't have a good arm but he was fantastic down the stretch last year. He's another guy I thought was going to take a step up this year but he really hasn't and that could just be that Auburn isn't all world this year. But he's taken a step back and I could see him staying for his senior year.

Having said that, if @legler82 likes him, I'd go with his recommendation over mine. He knows his QBs.

18. jetophile

$25 a year? Now I'm really pissed off about Darnold's contract. :mad:

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. Your the best,Jeto!

I needed to read this so badly.Its been a rough start of the week here in cheater territory. Then again its been a rough 15 years. Have mercy.

20. jetophile

Ha, I don't know if you saw my post a while back about Woody Johnson, sung to the tune of KC & The Sunshine Band's 'Shake Your Booty'. "Hate hate hate (horns), hate hate hate (horns), hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson. Ah, hate hate hate (horns), hate hate hate, hate Woody Johnson, hate Woody Johnson." Well, here's my other version: "Cheat cheat cheat (horns), cheat cheat cheat (horns), cheating cheat Cheats, cheating Cheats cheats. Ah, cheat cheat cheat (horns), cheat cheat cheat (horns), cheating cheat Cheats, cheating, cheating cheat Cheats. Ah, cheat, cheat, cheat, cheat." Especially after the Red Sox series win, I feel for you, my son. Everyone sing along!

You can pretty much substitute the object of your hatred, love, or mockery with anything to this song, hahaha. It was one of the biggest epiphanies of my entire life.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.