New/updated uniforms (Poll Added)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Apr 19, 2018.

?

Did you like the new uniforms and logo?

1. Yep

48.5%
  2. Nope

25.5%
  3. Neutral

26.0%
  1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Whos talking?

Ralebird likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

WTF?! o_Oo_O

abc likes this.
  3. Vader

Vader Member

i think the drastic change won’t be with color unless it’s silver/chrome and a brighter electric green. I think they are going to play around with gloss/matte finish and a totally different than the classic vanilla two stripes on helmet, on shoulders and on pants. Those elements are the ones that also really date these unis

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Actually those double stripes are what is called "branding," kind of like Jeep's seven slot grill and the "Coke bottle shape" - they're iconic, not dated.

As far as adding a secondary color, I hope they don't - green and white is classic itself. Having said that, there is only one color that makes sense considering the timing of this move and it's not silver or chrome or neon green. Seattle has used the neon green as an accent and it works for them - but it's theirs. Chrome is already falling into the "been there, done that" thing in the NCAA; no need to do it in the NFL. Silver and green? Yeah, in Philadelphia.

The fiftieth anniversary of anything is called the golden anniversary. If the Jets are looking to commemorate the 1969 Super Bowl win and that may have been mentioned in announcing the change, the only color with which to do that is gold. Not the bright yellow of the Steelers or Packers but more like the metallic, but not glossy, gold of the Saints as an accent only. I could see a uniform readily identifiable as a Jets uniform having the numbers outlined with no more than a quarter inch of matte finished gold with the same on the pants stripes and possibly outlining the logo on the helmet.

Let the flames be lit!

#1044 Ralebird, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    JetBlue likes this.
  5. Vader

Vader Member

i hear u but these things are not really branding per se. they are helmet stripes. every other team has the option of helmet stripes and many of them have helmet stripes. when you think of the jets you dont think oh wow yes helmet stripes. they can get rid of helmet stripes, pants stripes and all stripes for that matter and still maintain a semblance of consistent branding. they’ve done it before.

KurtTheJetsFan, NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Except I didn't say that stripes were the key point, I said the "double stripe" represents the branding. It was always on the helmet and down the pants and most of the time the green socks had a double white stripe around them; even the shoulders had a variation on it depending on how the shoulder caps were set up. I believe the carryover to the 80's to 90's uniforms with their double sleeve stripes was no accident. Those awful color blast uniforms have always featured a double stripe - again a purposeful decision. I don't recall any time when a Jets uniform did not have double stripes somewhere.

Vader likes this.
  7. Vader

Vader Member

i see what ur saying but still isn’t really branding per se. there are myriad other teams that use the same generic style of helmet stripe, and pant stripe, and shoulder stripe - or subtle variation. these things originally had to do w production efficiency w regard to the uniforms and helmets. not to a branding concept.

colts, cowboys, packers, niners, browns all have exactly the same generic stripes or slight modification - and many other teams have changed to updated modern uniform formats from this old school format

i get it the white helmets yes and orig logo but thats it, not the stripes. also the shoulder stripes used to be different — look at old namath pix

i work in advertising among other things i do ;)

NCJetsfan and alleycat9 like this.
  8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They as in those working on the re-design. I guess they are talking about bringing it back. This was mentioned to me by one of the former players at the game this past weekend. I had that logo on all my shit on Sunday and he said that the Jets were thinking about bringing the logo back. I kind of hope they do

#1048 Murrell2878, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Ever since the Jets announced a change, I have been saying it will be something with an updated 80's logo. That was my favorite logo growing up. Then all of a sudden last year and this year it keeps being produced as throwback gear. I don't think that is a coincidence.

Jets_Grinch, alleycat9 and NCJetsfan like this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

As long as they dump the dual stripes and stay away from Chartreuse as a uniform main color, I can live with any modern design. Anything that smacks of the old Jet "dynasty" should be retired as other than the ONE SB, nothing ever really came of it. Not a lot to hold on to especially for this generation. Nostalgia has its place.

Time for a new day to break in Jetland. That's gonna call for a break from an mostly abysmal past into a brighter future we hope. That starts with NEW unis.

#1050 Cman68, Oct 24, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    abc and Vader like this.
  11. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

ewww

NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  12. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Well I would think that if someone was talking thats who it would be. Problem is I have heard nothing. Not here or anywhere else by anyone who actually has any insight into what they are doing. I also would bet that they players have no clue. If I was investing all this time and money into a change I'm not telling anyone, never mind a player

I do like that second logo but for the life of me I cant find a single reason why it would make any sense to bring a logo we wore for 20 years, one of only two that we wore again and then try to sell it as a dramatic change. It really doesnt make a whole lot of sense. I mean you just said you had it on your shirt. I get that it looks good but given you still can get lots of caps, shirts etc with that logo, dont get it. Given no one is talking, I have to go with what makes sense to me but wouldnt be shocked given how simple, clean and good that logo was

13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

slim left the complex about 40 years ago........ :(

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. mr nyjet

finally, at least one person who gets it!o_O

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  15. mr nyjet

amen!

16. mr nyjet

with bowles as the head coach, pink unis and dummy hats/cones to replace the helmets........:mad:

KurtTheJetsFan and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Oh boy. Sounds like a complete overhaul.

abc likes this.
  19. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Muther fucker.

This is going to suck.

20. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

I think Rex was ahead of the curve for the new uniforms.
    Make it happen, Woody.

[​IMG]