17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was there yesterday. Sat in the lower EZ corner, on the Vikes' bench side (133). Just like it was against Denver, there seemed to be WAY to many fans wearing the other colors. The fans I sat near were polite, and rooted for their team like anyone else would root for their team. It only gets annoying once the game is in the bag and Jets fans start heading for the exits. When I was leaving we squeezed past four Viking fans at the far end of our row, and we say "good game" to them. To which douchebag purple-wearer #1 says back "Don't worry you guys will be good.... in about ten years" We of course snapped back with "We won a Super Bowl, what've you won?" I don't have a problem with opposing teams fans (except Miami and NE) until they get emboldened once they feel they are no longer outnumbered at the end of the game.

It's because of the ticket availability in modern times. I assume these days around the US more and more Jets fans are getting tickets the same way. Once Sammy gets his seal-legs, and we become winners this will be a BIG problem in cities all-around the US. We will be paying them back in a HUGE way. NY metro area transplants will come out in droves to represent us. Ten-fold.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Land lease, it's a 15-year opt out clause or something like that. And if one team leaves the other one has to stay for the full lease term

#19622 GordonGecko, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    alleycat9 and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

hard to put into words how much I hate this stadium

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. LogeSection2RowJ

So there is a sliver of hope. Funny - I can walk to this stadium from where I live and I still despise it.

CBG likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Row J,,,,,I was on a tour of this dump = it was the day after we signed Tomlinson , I think Rex was at MMA the nite before but I stray,,,,,I'm on the field with my cousin looking around and Woody Johnson walks over shakes my hand and asks what I think of the place,,,,,he was so damn happy. I had already taken a tour of upstairs but this time we were looking at cocka mammy PSL lower level----> I told him I really like the signing of LT ,I think he can do well for us,,,but,,,but ,,but,,,,,"the upper levels are set so far back, they are almost removed from the action " he kinda shrugged and talked about Rex some more and then he said goodbye. He seemed like a nice guy and nice of him to walk over but clueless owner and I hated the stadium back then on that day and hate it even more now. The End.

Brook! and LogeSection2RowJ like this.
  6. LogeSection2RowJ

Wow, pretty cool you got to complain to him immediately. I wonder if he's EVER been up there.

I was fooled. When I took the tour I convinced myself that the first row of the Upper EZ would be decent seats. I remember that day taking the tour and realizing I wasn't seeing escalators everywhere. Boy was I right about that. Anytime you are sitting ABOVE the replay boards, you're in trouble. It's two stadiums in one: One stadium is sweet-suites with no weather worries, and the other one (for most of us) is just plain blah, not nearly worth the cost to build - or buy tickets for.

CBG likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Its funny because the first tour I took I went with my wife and 2 kids, my big guy was like" this is really high"----we bought tix for that first year and then ran like thieves in the night. RowJ how happy are you that they did not attach a PSL to the uppers ? Think about it had they done that all of us would have bought it without a second thought, LOL .

sec314 likes this.
  8. LogeSection2RowJ

I probably would have paid something PSL-wise in order to keep all of my season ticket, so yes, I am happy! My seats previous to that were in 122 in Giants Stadium, last row of the first level. I had six seats, so a PSL x's 6 was FAR out of the question. My option was either to head upstairs with six PSL-free, or stay lower EZ with only two or three seats. I'm glad I did what I did, but soon I learned the upper EZ seats were terrible. The effort getting to those seats was worse, and the whole experience was not worth the money, win or lose. So, 6 seats became 4, 4 became 3, I was moved to the 30 yard line row 3 which I liked, but the effort in and out still sucked, so.... I've been using SeatGeek ever since, and I buy two at a time. Basically the entire experience broke my addiction to always be at every game.

alleycat9, sec314 and CBG like this.
  9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I can relate as can many others

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I took row 9 side of the end zone uppers because I was afraid I would lose my seats. I transferred the seats to my daughters name because once I died they would not stay in the family. What an idiot I am. I should have told the jets to shove it I am a sth for 31 years and you give me those crap seats. They screwed me big time and saved those seats bewteeen the 40’s for the newbies because they knew I would take whatever they gave me and they were right. I was convinced there was gonna be a run on uppers since they were psl free. I never forgave the jets for those crappy seats. I got them back big time. F u woody X 2 you fucking greedy sob. Now you stadium is full of take it or leave it fans and fans of the visiting team and psl defaults u piece of shit. F u again. Fuck I am pissec again

alleycat9 likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

As the great American poet Robert Frost once eloquently wrote: fck that place, it sucks.

CBG likes this.
  12. LogeSection2RowJ

Frost never misspelled any words.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I had always thought that PSL stood for personal seat license but all this time I was wrong----> PSL really stands for " People $ave Lot$ " by not purchasing any . Thank goodness I saved money and did not buy a PSL !

14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i didnt get fooled but am still infuriated by the whole thing. people talk about why nfl is down these days and there are lots of reasons but the big one for me was the owner thinking i am a sucker and taking something that was 75 bucks and making it 450 a game plus a 7500 psl.

bunch of fucking assholes. hate this stadium and everything about it.

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ditto

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

If I was in your position I'd walk there on the regular and egg the place.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Ok N Jets Organization how are those PSL and ticket sales going today ? The phones must be ringing off the hooks ? The calls must be coming in faster than your operators can field them ? ---------> THAN GOD I gave up my tickets and walked away but more importantly I did not buy a Cock A Mammy P S L !!!!!!!!!!!!

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its such a shame, dogshit stadium, dogshit prices, dogsthit team. but hey i guess that was what the market allowed at that time. and they really havent suffered too much since the opposing team fills the stadium most weeks.

its just fucking sad and pitiful that a once at least proud fanbase isnt barely even that anymore. i never understood the turning on your own fanbase as an approach to success. short term sure, long term catastrophic. were 8 years in now. its still a turd and i dont know if the fanbase will ever recover from the bullshit that they were put through with the new stadium. sure there are folks who dont care but there are far more long time fans who have really soured on the organization.

CBG likes this.
  19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Mr Cat = you and I and a few others really need to go have a drink or lunch one of these days !!!!!

alleycat9 likes this.
  20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I will never renew my season tickets even if we fire Bowles, get the next Sean Mcvay, and go 13-3. I will only go to games I feel like and will never pay for summer practices and parking when I didn't drive my car to the game. You can lower prices on tickets, food, give me prizes, let me stand on the field before the game, send me love letters from the owner and whatever nonsense Neil Glatt and his crew of millennial's come up with, and I am not joining your little club. I will never forgive you for building this piece of shit that we share the team I hate the most and for playing games with my tickets. F U Johnson's. Go Jets!!!!

alleycat9 and CBG like this.