#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think Blowes has a few left over from the Jax game he could use..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. The most damning recent indictment of this football team and its lack of respect for the game and overall accountability may be found in Isaiah Crowell's comments following the game this past Sunday after he dropped a pass in the flat that would have gone for good yardage.

Per the NY Post:
    Then, Crowell dropped a pass on first down with a ton of space in front of him. Two plays later, Eric Tomlinson dropped a pass and the Jets had to settle for a field goal. Crowell did not seem broken up about the play after the game. He was asked if it was frustrating to drop that one. “Not really,” Crowell said. “Nobody’s perfect. That’s how I feel about it.”

Imagine a player saying this on a Parcells or a Belichick coached football team?

The fact that this slug holds the single-game franchise record for rushing yards in a game makes me want to vomit.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

All of the timeouts he saved from the first 7 games. :p

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe Blowes can get a few extra timeouts from HomeDepot. I read someplace they're on sale this week with a coupon.

NYJetsO12 and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

6. That slug needs to be put out of its misery.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If the Johnsons knew anything about football - they obviously don't - Bowles would be gone. However they'll likely stick with him because "The team plays hard for him". Too bad they don't play smart for him.:rolleyes:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Agree. Brian Costello needs a good stomping on.

9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Listen up OP

You’re right

But it doesn’t matter because no one who matters, cares.

When players have no fear of repercussions, this is how they talk. I think Todd cares but he doesn’t KNOW how to make his players care. You feel me?

All on Toilet

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Say what you will about Bowles, but Shurmur makes him look like a genius in comparison. Holy crap that was bad.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Where does he keep all these unused timeouts? Are they in the same box as the unthrown challenge flags?

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

You just made our point. Shooting themselves in the football goes back to bad coaching, not being prepared, not game planning better. Inconsistency is a coaching issue. How are the Tomlins, Reids and McCarthey's of the NFL continue to win each and every year? They had some bad drafts and bad free agent signings. But you can be sure come Sunday they will have that team playing hard and competing. They will coach up any player they have on their roster. That is the difference. Fans aren't asking for super bowls every year just that they play smart consistent football. This 1 step forward 3 step backs does not one any good. This isn't baseball and the minor leagues. Nobody got 6 years to wait for some prospects to make an impact. Bowles has been here 4 years and his team each year is schizo. Few good games and a bunch of very bad games.

14. boozer32

I think Fitzpatrick got us to that winning season. Oh those were Rex and Tannenbaum acquired or drafted talent

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. boozer32

Every team throughout the season has banged up or missing players. Pittsburgh is missing their star running back. Guess what others have stepped up.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. boozer32

So are you advocating for 3-5 more years of this? If the ownership is thinking long term then they need to get someone in here after the season. Like I stated Bowels won't get the Jets there. He is too passive, too inconsistent and the team is undisciplined. I don't blame Macc as much as the others. Those draft picks had Bowels written all over it. Defensive players so Bowles could run his defense. It's not a stout defense, its not even a good defense. So basically, they drafted defense for a decade and still can't stop anyone. Look at the Chiefs. People on this board complained about QB's that come from the spread offense. Mahomes is looking pretty good. Reid is a good enough coach to coach up the talent he is handed. That is what the Jets need more than anything.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's fair to point out how many mistakes the players made yesterday and to put a lot of the onus on them, BUT...excusing Bowles and the CS is ridiculous. Who was it that let 40 seconds run off the clock before calling one of his THREE T.O.s before the half when the Jets could've scored had they had about 40 seconds more? Who was is that failed to toss his "precious" challenge flag, not once, but THREE times, that were legitimate challenge plays? Who was it that's in charge of making sure that players know to "play to the whistle" and not showboat while a free ball is lying at their feet? Whose decision was it to defer on the coin toss and give up the wind at their back for the 4th quarter?

Yeah, some of the players played dumb and poorly, but there was one constant that't been there for almost 4 years - a HC who isn't very good, and will never take this team to the SB. If the Johnsons don't recognize that, we're just wasting our time and breath.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Do I see improvement? Yes I do. Isn't that enough for now? The defense still lacks a premier pass rusher, but it still chases QBs and gets the job done. That wasn't the case the year before.

And offense? Even with the rookie mishaps, this offense has improved quite a bit - especially compared to the Fitzpatrick disaster days.

So - give them a few more years. Will he hoist the Lombardi Trophy? That I can't tell. But he - and Macc - has got this team on the right track. That much I can tell you.

19. boozer32

They should have been at this stage 2 years ago. Now its just too late and even if every draft pick pans out they still be coached by a moron. The GM addresses weaknesses whenever he feels like it. So I'm guessing the OL will be done in 2021. Will Darnold even be able to stand up straight, will we ever have a thousand yard back again. Are they still going to try and get by with UDFA/7th round WR's? I say blow it up right now and start searching for what kind of coach you want for this team.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Look.

I've been pretty harsh about not addressing the OL position until just a few weeks ago.

Is it that easy? NO. Because college programs do not produce sufficient amount of good OL prospects, drafting one for the future is becoming that much harder. Don't just take my words for it; Giants just released a LT that they burned their 1st with. And Giants aren't alone in that category as of late. Maybe Mac does have a point with his draft strategy/philosophy. It will take a few years of grooming to be functional, regardless of the draft status. If that is the case, it would make sense to draft a prospect that can start earlier, no? It is not even like Mac did not try to move up. He tried to move up when he saw Tunsil dropping, for instance. He couldn't.

=======================================

So, with whatever they've got, they have the team improving and on the right track. Should the Jets 'blow the whole damn thing up' again? Just to please some fans that want wins 'here and now'? Like yourself? Guess where that approach will take the team to. Wherever that is, it won't be at the top of the totem pole, I assure you.

FJF and boozer32 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.