#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes, that's all true. But if you gave Brady, Gronk, and Edelman to Bowles, they'd do a hell of a lot better than Darnold, Herndon, and Anderson. My point is that we don't have good coaching and we don't have a good roster. Whereas you're always fixated on the coaching.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hue Jackson is worse than Bowles.

3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think everyone knows the head coach has got to go... but yesterday was lost because of players.

Just because you realize that fact doesnt make you an apologists for the CS.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

When did I say we had a good roster?

Go read my posts ..time and again Ive called out Mac for over deploying on D and rustling up a bunch of scrubs (with the big exception of SD) for the OL and skill positions..he takes craps shoots at players like Robbie A and sometimes he hits

Enunwa was not even his draft..and Ive yet to be really impressed with the 2 Safeties and Lee

But yes ..I agree we have poor coaching and players for sure

boozer32 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good post except for the dig at Sam ..kid even with all his bad has to carry this Offense

boozer32 likes this.
  6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We need a new vision with a mostly new roster. On offense at least.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Darnold doesnt have much help... no one is asking him to be a star.... but she leads the NFL in interceptions and is 31st in completion percentage. be better then that

8. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

I get why Bowles gets so much heat, but honestly I don’t understand why there’s not more concern about Maccagnan.

4 years in and in general, the drafting has been horrible. Williams, Adams ok good (Adams still has much to prove but is a good player)Shell is good and it’s early but Herndon has had a nice start. I think Darnold will be very, very good in time and I liked the move to go up (had they drafted better the previous year they wouldn’t have had to).

Aside from that, have a look at these...

2015: D Smith, Mauldin, Simon, Petty.

2016: Hackenberg, Burris, Jenkins, Peake

2017: Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Donaghue, McGuire

One of the reasons we have so much cap space is because hardly any of our draft picks end up earning the big contracts. We’ve got $100 burning a hole in our pockets and I have to be honest, I don’t trust Maccagnan to spend it.

Bowles may not be able to manage a clock (even after four years) but you can’t blame him for the roster he has. Not 4 years in. The repeated calls to fire Bowles every time we lose gloss over the real problem at the Jets...

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

How about these:

Isaiah Wynn
    Duke Dawson
    Ja'Whaun Bentley
    Christian Sam
    Braxton Berrios
    Danny Etling
    Keion Crossen
    Ryan Izzo

Derek Rivers
    Antonio Garcia
    Deatrich Wise
    Conor McDermott

Cyrus Jones
    Joe Thuney
    Jocoby Brissett
    Vincent Valentine
    Malcolm Mitchell

You know who all of these guys are?

These are Bill Belichick's draft picks from the past 3 years. You see what I did there?

The problem is, people like you seem think that GMs hit on almost every draft pick. Reality is, they don't. They find talent in free agency and through the draft. They negotiate contracts. They clear up cap space for large signings. They make trades. They put their franchise in a position to succeed for years to come. If Mac hit on Darnold, which many on here seem to believe, how could you ever bash the guy? He potentially just chose a franchise QB, something we haven't seen in decades.

Stop looking at things through a single lens and focusing on whatever bad you can find. Trust me, I could go on and on with GMs that have failed A LOT on draft picks.

10. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Ok well aside from the greatest coach in the history of the game, do you have any other examples?

I’m not being blinkered - I’ve nothing against Maccagnan and I want him to succeed. I just don’t believe Bowles is he sole reason we continue to struggle. Could those that do be equally blinkered?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well in his post game NC toilet admits that his CS was out coached...ie, they took away what we like to do. Then why not make adjustments? Oh that is right you don't...

You simply can not make up this stuff...

12. Falco21

Im not gonna go team by team and list them. You can do the research yourself. If you want to make a claim and single out picks Mac has failed on, do the full research and start singling out all teams failed draft picks. I can guarantee you, you'll find a similar situation in almost every single franchise, if not all of them.

I made my point. You can not take some draft picks Mac has failed on and point them out as reason to question his ability. How about you single out all the good he's done for this franchise:

- Purged the roster of all the horrible contracts.

- Set us up with a TON of cap space and money to play with.

- Drafted Leonard Williams, Jamal Adams, Marcus Maye, Leonard Williams, Brandon Shell, Lachlan Edwards, Darron Lee, Chris Herndon, and Sam Darnold.

- Signed Robby Anderson as an UDFA.

- Signed Bridgwater for nothing and turned it into a draft pick.

And as I said, if Sam Darnold pans out as the new Franchise QB of the Jets, we will all be thanking our lucky stars for Mac.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Look. We all know draft is a crapshoot, but OUR GM must hit every god damn draft. Or he sucks. Get the idea?

Falco21 likes this.
  14. Falco21

I guess so lol

I chalk it up to this fan base not knowing what success looks like, so any deviation from their idea of "success" causes a freak out.

15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

let me start by saying I am no fan of this HC or his CS choices and I like him to be gone- yesterday. Having stated that, I also stated in one of these coaching threads that the management mandate was to develop his young players to be more consistent and maybe win more games ...although, I believe that the win criteria was not as important as developing the younger players.

let me ask if all of you if he is developing his young players? Is the team as a whole playing more consistent? How many players are playing more consistent? IMHO not many. From week to week you see players be inconsistent which is unfortunately hall mark of this HC, that his team is inconsistent and has been for all four years?

I would argue that only thing consistent with this team is its inconsistency over the four years he has been here. Indeed, even if as one poster pointed out that this is actually year two of a rebuild can any one say that this team is more consistent week in and week out form last years team? I can't. I see a team that beats sub 500 teams, believes they have arrived hype then crashes which tells me that this HC probably doesn't have a clue how to keep his players "focused" on the mission... being more consistent and playing smart football.

As other stated yesterday we got beat by a better team and would added a well coached team. TB admitted he was out coached when he stated that they took away the things we like to do... how many times have we seen this.

Memo to Woody, read the foregoing and make the dam change before the season is a total dumpster fire.

16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

When did he have a sex change operation?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Why the fuck didn’t Bowles use his timeouts at the end of the first half when the Vikes were running down the clock?

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Because he was saving them for the second half?

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I was screaming at my tv. Bowles is 1000% on the spectrum

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Do we have any left over for Chicago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.