#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Also a lack of premium talent. The defense was gashed and the other two phases stunk also. The Johnsons will have a major decision after this season. Continue with this trainwreck or realize that you need a different type of coaching influence. This current one will never get you to a winning season.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am not a big Todd Bowles fan, but I would not blame this loss on him. The Vikings were the much better team. I actually thought the Jets defense looked pretty good for a team missing their #1 CB, #3 CB, and starting safety. The offense did not click, but Minnesota's defense played really well. Not to mention Sam had a little bit of an off day. It was 10-7 at halftime with the Jets getting the ball to start the 3rd. They just couldn't get anything going offensively.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I am thinking, Bowles is getting better. His defense is showing up.

Can he fix the offense? That's the question. But then Jets offense lacks talent across the board.

4. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

The fact that we're still saying the Jets "lack talent across the board" when we're 4 years into the McCagnan era is a big problem for me.

5. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

The problem is when he got here, he was told to win and did well year 1, so it was retool and go for it again and it blew up. He then sold a total rebuild to ownership, and they bought it. We are in the second year of that rebuild. I wish we had a little more talent, but it really isn't year 4, it is year 2.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

For the umpteeth team Chris did every NYJ fan a disservice by reupping Bowles :mad:

boozer32, NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. We were missing 3 of the starting 4 defensive backs against one of the better passing teams in the league and held them to 10 in the first half. Sadly the offense just did not show up, partly because they were missing so many important parts, and it really showed in the second half.

8. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

The defense hung in there for a couple of quarters but sooner or later I knew the Vikings were going to break open the game. The Vikings are a top 10 team and have better talent across the board then the Jets. Everybody on this board knows we are a 6 to 8 win team this year. I really don't know what Boozer32 is expecting from the Jets this year.

9. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Hopefully, this was just a middle of the night drunk/angry post cause the coaching staff as a whole did a decent job yesterday. The defense played pretty damn well until the offense couldn't stay on the field for a drive.

If people are going to blame our coaching staff when our depth corners are getting beat up for half a game by the currently best performing WR in the league right now, well then that's just silly.

The only thing that actually surprised me yesterday was the lack of the zone outside runs, it been a bread and butter for us all season and one thing that has been pretty consistent for us.

If a couple of those key drops that killed drives had been catches that game could have been very different.

What i will say i saw was once again our rookie QB playing like a rookie yesterday. This is bound to happen even with even high-level talent rookies. Im sure some of it is not having any clue
    whether the next snap is gonna be by your ankles or your head and whether one of the 4 pass rush threats on that front line are going to get a free run at him.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You mean except for that time he got us to a winning season?

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have accepted that Todd Bowles needs to go, but blaming him or the coaching staff for this loss is unfair, imo .

Injuries, poor snaps, and drops lost this game. Minnesota has a very good offense. They have a very good QB and a very very good receiver. Almost our entire secondary is injured. The entire week going into this game, we all knew they were gonna score points. It was inevitable. But with the amount of drops and messed up snaps, our offense stalled immediately.

We did not lose this game because of coaching. That just doesn't add up based on the game I watched

NYJFOREVER and MoWilkBeast like this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We may be overlooking the fact that Bates is a first year OC working with a rookie QB. Neither guy has a solid idea as to what the other is capable of. We've seen Good Sam and Bad Sam. We've seen Good Bates and Norman Bates. The offense has been as inconsistent as the other units.

I don't think Todd has earned a long term contract and the same goes with Macc. We may be in year 2 of the "rebuild" but Macc has been drafting 4 years now with mediocre results. That shows in the obvious lack of depth on the Oline. My bad... I forget Macc doesn't believe in drafting Oline high.

We had what? 12 guys auditioning for Wr and we're still thin? How does this happen in a supposedly well managed front office and coaching staff? Game management still an issue? Stockpiling TO's as if they carry over to the next half? What is it gonna take for the Johnsons to realize Bowles, just like Rex before him, is a damn good DC but not an HC.

This team needs an enema...

13. Falco21

I honestly think many fans have found a scapegoat in Todd Bowles. I agree, he has many, and I mean many, flaws, but you can't just blame him everytime we lose a game. Of course coaching plays an enormous role in every game, but just because we lost, does not mean Bowles and his staff lost the game. Players have to execute in their roles. There was little execution yesterday. We didn't lose because of clock management. We didn't lose because of a lack of discipline. We didn't lose because of poor use of timeouts or poor play calling. We lost because of the reasons I stated above. Plain and simple.

Bowles deserves a lot of hate, he has been awful at many points, but this is not on him

14. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

This game was about execution not coaching.

The defense played very well. The offense stopped themselves all day with poor execution. Maybe the wind was the problem but lots of bad throws and dropped passes stopped drives. Not the play calling or the coaching but the execution. This was a winnable game. We just needed a little bit of offense. After his 1st TD drive sam had problems and never recovered.

#1494 Noam, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    stinkyB likes this.
  15. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m inclined to side with ya, more takeaways and more of a pass rush. It’s amazing what that does, even if the stats overall are similar, the perception is much different.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Rookie QB 17 for 42 206 1 TD 3 INT's. The D hung in they were hung out to dry by the O. People on this board were calling for Doug Marrone. You want to see a team that's badly coached Jax is a badly coached team. Buffalo was a playoff team last year they were dismantled by Indy, the team we beat last week. Everyone was sniffing every Eagles assistant last year. The Eagles at home in a game that gives them the division lead gave up 3 TD's in the 4th quarter to blow that game. The Freaking Eagles the team with the worlds 2nd greatest Head Coach and Carson Wentz and a loaded NFL D.

The Jets aren't losing because of the coaching staff. They have a ton of injuries on D and the rookie QB, the one this year is about, had a rough game against one of the top 4 teams in the NFL.

This is NFL football all across the NFL. If you don't get consistently high level QB play you're losing some games against all NFL teams. Against good teams you're done.

AlexJETS, stinkyB and Cman68 like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Boozer is right all the way..

Why?? Because in the BIG sample (NOT just this last game) he has no clue how to game manage and clock manage EVIDENCE :Take a look at the last 2 wasted years of 5-11!!!!

People want to say he is a better DC..big deal

Well guess what??? HE SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AZ

This teams needs an Offensive Coach ..either boy genius like Mcvay or experienced like Haley for example

The rest of you millennials and gen Xs go enjoy your TB homerfest

Next week against the Bears it will be more excusitis ..book it

boozer32 and papapump like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

this team desperately needs a new staff. they have to let Bowles go after the season.

19. Falco21

Agreed. We need a new vision with this roster

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

#DiveForDeFilippo

Who's with me??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.