Need WR's asap

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets21027, Oct 21, 2018.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Prior was cut because he had a tear in the groin and would have been out for 3 weeks. It was pretty sad watching punt returners in the game at WR

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I'm not putting this on Mac, and I sure as hell didn't want Gordon. My post was simply a jab at posters who thought we were set at WR.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

I would trade a first for Cooper and raiders 2nd round pick if that would get a deal done since raider should be close to first pick in second round. Or our 3 pick and a 3rd the following year for Cooper

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So you stances is “told ya so” because some injuries happened?
    Honestly,not really impressed.

5. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Guys we need upgrades at so many positions O-line ,edge pass rusher,and of course WR.... We are not ready for prime time but we have tons of cap Space for next season 90+ from my understanding .... why Trade and give up draft picks When we can sign in the off-season...What’s obvious??we’re not a WR from being a playoff team....At this point it’s about developing our quarterback and seeing if Todd Bowles can get the team prepared And motivated to play every week that’s all I’m looking at right now.... i would be happy at 8-8 .....give Mac credit for moving up in the draft early to get our QB ....next year on him !!! with draft picks and cap room he has to fix these Area of needs and make us a playoff team..

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Trade a third for Amari Cooper.

Mr mittens likes this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What a bunch of after the fact whiners. This is a team with paper thin depth and Mac should have overloaded the WR position. Why, because in the same week we loose two key WRs, one goes MIA, Robbie struggles, sam takes a rookie step back, we drop key passes, our running game sucked, but Mac should have seen all that coming. With all those variables going to shit how big of a difference would have a lockeroom challenge like Gordon be?

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

anyone who wants Amari Cooper in my opinion is NUTZ,,,,,has anyone actually watched this guy play ? I want Darnold to have help but this guy would NOT be help.

#28 CBG, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I agree with you, I am not really into trading picks for anyone but there should be someone they can call. Rishard Matthews, Dez Bryant, and Brandon Coleman are all available and I would think they are better options than what we currently have.

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Let's see. Rookie QB, injured running backs, below average receivers, top 3 DB"s injured. The rest of the season is about experience. Young teams have to go through this. Enjoy the process.

LAJet, Jets_Grinch and jetstopgun like this.
  11. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

12. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Umm... nope. There was no "told ya so" in there. It was a simple observation and you're reading waaay too much into the post.
    "Honestly, not really impressed."

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Trading picks now for a WR is totally insane. It will significantly impact our future without doing shit for this year. We have plenty of holes to fix

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course you're right, but you'll never convince some of these guys.

NYJetsO12 and LAJet like this.
  15. quazeye

quazeye New Member

what happened with kearse today? I even started him in fantasy

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mac Mac Mac ..

Ive read all the posts by darrelrevishuman and Cidusi proclaiming he has gotten us some "decent to average " players ...meh and triple meh

Draft after Draft and in FA He handed Toilet Bowles everything he asked for on defense ..and what do you have ?? still for sh^t defenders AND>>>>...NOBODY SCORING POINTS (except for a talented QB that somehow does it)

You cant ask SD to pull a rabbit out of his hat like Bulwinkle Moose every weekend..Micnitwit never thought of building on Offense except for some has been WRs.or getting lucky with Robbie A ....thanks!!

Your GM has shredded the Offense to pad Toilet Bowles stats running his D..live with it

17. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

well the "need to wait" would be the need to keep our number 1 pick in order to properly build the team

FJF likes this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

A big Time WR (Julio, AJ, Hopkins, Evans) comes down with that deep jump ball that robbie didn’t come down with. I think it was early in the game where he went up vs Harrison Smith. Those are game changing plays that need to be made.

19. In no way should we trade for a WR right now but after reitterating at nauseam that we were far from set at the skills i do feel the need a to chime in.

The team has over emphasized defensive personnel for nearly a decade now.It really should be no surprise that outside of a couple young pieces that every spot around Sam needs upgrading.

It was really annoying when folks thought we were all set at WR.Did they really overestimate the talent base that badly or was it a deep seeded lack of patience hoping the team could focus all its offseason attention on the OL & finding a pass rusher? Sorry..not that easy..this team needs everything on O.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It wouldn't hurt to have a true WR1 but I feel like the league is moving away from the 1 dominant receiver model.

The Jets need receivers who can actually catch the ball.

FJF likes this.