#FireBowles

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I remember him catching a touchdown pass...........when he was with the Titans against the Jets.

phubbadaman and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I was very upset with the defense early in that game, but they certainly turned it around. I give credit to Bowles for seemingly adjusting, but I wonder if the Broncos were just toasted.

3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Forget the coaches please. The Jets have average talent and a young QB. If they go .500 great. If they overachieve wonderful. Enjoy the season.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Well Bruce Ariens thinks that we should be "ecstatic ",,,,,,,,,sorry Bruce I aint all warm and fuzzy

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm very happy to hear that Kacy Rodgers has been cleared by doctors to return to the team and I wish him the best, but Bowles just cannot give him playcalling duties back. It's a leadership challenge here no doubt but Bowles has to explain to his friend that he's going to stick with what has been working, no matter how difficult that is.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Bruce Ariens said during Sunday’s game that Bowles was doing a great job as HC.

It just shows what kind of a good ol boy network exist in the NFL with the coaches.

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Exactly

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

But even with that praise, Ariens was still questioning why the Jets weren't able to stop the Colts in the 2nd half.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

My Coaching grades by week:
    WK1: A
    WK2: C-
    WK3: F
    WK4: D
    WK5: B+
    WK6: B

Going to give Bowles and the CS a B for this one. Stayed committed to the run despite it not completely working, forced 4 turnovers on defense, team was ready to play after a win the last week. Players on the field (specifically Nickerson on the TD pass, you can tell he was looking backwards for help, so a blown coverage on his part) made mistakes due to inexperience, but those mistakes can be coached up. 7 penalties for 49 yards (wasn't a killer). Colts had 8 for 66. Aggressive play-call prior to the half added points. Game is played differently when you have a talented QB.

2 solid coaching games in a row for Bowles, I was very harsh on him in that Browns loss because I expect more from Bowles. Have to wonder if he called the plays on D during that Browns game, would things have changed?

#1449 101GangGreen101, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

There is still a lot of season left, and I'm for replacing Bowles, but if the team continues to play like it has the last few weeks, even with only 2 or 3 more wins, I find it hard to believe Bowles won't be back. I was prepping myself for the first pick in the draft, now I'm prepping myself for another season, at least, of Todd Bowles.

The funny thing about Bowles, in my opinion, is besides Kacy Rodgers, and firing John Morton (although Bates seems ok), I like the staff he has put together.

11. 101GangGreen101

If he can continue to string together good decisions like the past 2 weeks and like the first 2 games of the year, Bowles will be back. And deserving so. I am only firing Bowles if 2 candidates are interested the job and we have a GM to compliment that. Lincoln Riley and John Defilippo. Cant see poor game-planning like in the Jags and huge lack of adjustments in the Browns game.

JohnnyP123456, FJF and Cman68 like this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It seems indisputable that the defensive playcalling has improved in the last two games (although execution still leaves something to be desired), and I have no trouble giving Bowles the credit for it (after all, he was a hot HC candidate because of his performance as a DC). It would be interesting if there is any connection to the offensive playcalling looking better too - does Bates have more freedom to do what he wants, since Bowles is more hands on with the defense? If so, Rodgers taking back the defensive playcalling could be bad for the Jets on both sides of the ball.

Of course, if I'm right that only reinforces that Bowles should be a DC, not an HC.

13. 101GangGreen101

Bowles trusts Darnold to make plays, that's why the offense I think has been more aggressive as of late. Also, the Jets are starting to create themselves an identity, Jets CS has a better understanding of the personnel. Those 2 contribute to the better play-calling. Give Darnold and the offense as many opportunities as possible. The Lions game the Jets D played lights out, we will have to see how things turn out as the season progresses. Kacy needs to get more creative in the play-calls and Bowles is responsible for that too. The first half against the Browns, Jets were very effective but did not adjust due to lack of preparation for a backup QB.

We won't know until perhaps late in the season, where we evaluate Kacy's playcalling vs Bowles playcalling with more games under their belt. Perhaps he needs to take a book from Ron Rivera and be more extensive in the defensive game-planning or perhaps he needs to continue calling plays and try and be the defense version of Sean McVay as he continues to call plays on O.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I say we get Arians in as a HC , tell Toddy to work the D magic and Kacy could be Mac 's Starbucks gofer

Ahahahahahah

fggrimes likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I thought Frank Reich did a masterful job on Sunday. Other than the dropped passes, Int's, penalties and missed assignments he was terrific. I can see why he was a highly coveted HC during the offseason.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

lol

Drops really did kill them. Can’t win if you can’t catch.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hey we got 3 guys injured in the secondary. Let’s put our 4th string corner by himself on an island with the league’s top receiver.

Good call bowles

NYJetsO12 and Red Menace like this.
  18. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bowles is a stupid person

astoundingly stupid

did he elect to defer too? he's the master of winning the toss, kicking, and giving up a quick td

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

double post

#1459 Red Menace, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I would like permission from @Petrozza to officially call for Bowles' resignation thru TGG Forum.

Sad. So sad.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.