Jets releasing Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 20, 2018.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I get that guys get hurt but management knew all these guys were hurt days ago , so wouldn't it make a slight bit of sense to bring someone / sign someone days ago ? OR-----> in this case bring the kid up days ago rather than activate him less than 24 hours until game time ? I hope Burnett does well but tomorrow is a far cry from playing in a college game, also guys can say anything they want about Pryor all I know is the guy had a few TDS and if this "scrub" had not caught a TD last week theres a possibility that we lose that game,,,,,lets see what Burnett does he should have plenty of opportunities as I expect the Vikes to get out to a lead but on the surface this move has many people including me scratching my head..

KurtTheJetsFan and Stevied like this.
  2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Well said. I still thought it was a bit odd but I guess the Jets don't want to wait and see with him.

Jets can want him back all they want. Doubt he would even bother re-signing with us lol.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Other than someone off the street wouldnt know enough about the offense to help anyway? A guy off the PS with some experience in it and who knows how much work hes gotten in with his buddy, wouldnt maybe help more?

I agree, let see what he has. He was targeted 11 times with Tenn this preseason and had 11 catches. Maybe he can add something.

4. Im sorry you feel its disengenious.FTR i wasnt even including Robbie.I was referring to Roberts,Peake & Burnett.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You’re assuming it was a messy breakup.

6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Didn't read through the whole thread so I am sure this was already addressed but Darnold and Burnett hooked up for about 140 receptions and 15 TD over the last 2 years, seems like a pretty familiar target.

LF911SC likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

What?? Why?

8. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Why would Pryor agree to that agreement. He can sign anywhere that wants him & knowing that the Jets are his fall back plan if no one comes calling.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

While this leaves an already short unit in worse shape, his abject laziness and sloppy routes are not what you want around a young team anyway. Good riddance to bad work ethic.

Red Menace and LF911SC like this.
  10. LF911SC

Meanwhile....

K'OB likes this.
  11. LF911SC

12. LF911SC

A little more...

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’m good with this. Once Q was out/ineffective Sam was forced to find other receivers. He’ll have to do that again now, but he showed us that he can recalibrate if needed. Pryor made some nice looking plays but I felt like he wasn’t producing the way someone of his athletic abilities should.

He also wasn’t happy with how he was being used, so, it seems like a good time to cut ties.

Even with talk of the playoffs, I’m not sold that this team has it in them yet. Play the young guns and see which ones should stick around next year. All of the WR’s are FA’s anyway, so we need to see what we’ve got in the homegrown talent.

14. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

true ..had a monster Rose Bowl too 13 for 164 yards and 3 touchdowns ..Darnold going to find his boy

15. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Roster manipulation freeing a spot without losing a player to IR for 8 weeks. Pretty smart move by Mac if it works out.
    In the meantime, Go Big Play Tay! Hope he makes the most of his chance.

LAJet and Longsuffering88 like this.
  16. GreenFist

GreenFist Member

looks like he has some "go get it" in him, def talented

but, 6' 170 - 4.7

17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This is mostly about roster manipulation.

The Jets have like 8-10 guys that are hurt.

Two WR's are hurt but literally none of these guys are OUT for longer then 4 weeks supposedly. So no one would be worth putting on IR with the designation of coming back.

Jets decided to release Pryor, there wasn't a WR that would come off the street besides a McBride or CJ that could potentially slot in and know the offense. It's a little risky but the Jets are thinking no one is going to sign Pryor when he's hurt for one, and think he's coming in to another team and getting instant PT. Burnett will come up because he's been in this offense for a while, and plus he has a rapport with Darnold.

K'OB and Longsuffering88 like this.
  18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Your latter point makes zero sense logically. The Jets released him, correct?

I think it’s clear the Jets saw what I and others did as well. If Pryor was worth a roster spot, he’d be on the team.

Also Pryor dogged that route in the end zone weeks ago which led to an interception and ultimately the loss.

19. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I ain’t down with this..Especially for Scottie McKnight 2.0!

Pryor reminds me of a poor mans Braylon, all the measurables but ultimately underperforms. That said I woulda kept him..Let’s be honest, we would all be shocked if this guy they called up had more than 2 catches in 2 weeks..Presumably, this guy will be cut or demoted once we’re at full strength.. So you cut a guy who was, AT LEAST, your 4th best guy (potentially your best) for a bumb who will be posting a with us in 2 weeks?

And for those of you who think he’s hurt worse than we know, rumor is he’s coming back. Seems kinda funny for that to be the logic for a guy who is seriously impacted no? And if that really is the reason, I will remind you that this is the same administration who:

1-Took Hack
    2-Missed on a zillion picks
    3-Are minutes away from giving local con man Leonard “Catch me if you can” Williams a blank check
    4- Perhaps most egregiously have MCcown -who’s prize pupil is, ”Johnny Football”- mentor Darnood and having an OC who hasn’t called plays in like 10 years (and was recently out of football for 5?) double as QB coach.

*4 might workout just fine, but if you look at it all on paper it doesn’t look good.

twown and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

You might be on to something here. Interesting.