Jets releasing Terrelle Pryor

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BroadwayAaron, Oct 20, 2018.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Releasing Pryor hasn't made this week harder for Darnald, not signing a replacement for Pryor has but throwing in Darnalds top target in college is not quite the same as any other untried kid, for one they both no the in's and outs of each others game, at least Darnald will no the speed Burnett runs at etc etc, now it will depend if Burnett has acquired the requisite amount of knowledge of our playbook and the ability to get some separation to be of any good to us and Sam.

All in it is a strange move on the surface and tbh I thought they must have had somebody else lined up but?

2. K'OB

Possibly nail on head and something I was wondering also or the only other thing is Pryor has been an arse but they are letting him go without saying or it makes little sense, for only two weeks.

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

And yet hes a scrub WR. Cut from the 4th team hes been with.

No better than any 4th WR on any roster.

Have no idea what his work ethic is like. Being muscular doesnt make you dedicated to football.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He’d go to a bunch of teams and be their 2. Just say “I don’t like him” and we can move on.

Bowles Movement likes this.
  5. LF911SC

Think the keu here is Pryor is hurt, released or not he wasnt going to help Sam on sunday. Poor management? Because Pryor, Anderson and Enunwa all were injured the same week?

Everytime shit happens it isnt managements fault. Look around the NFL.

hornblower likes this.
  6. LF911SC

Bwaaa, a number of teams number 2? Guess thats why there was a line of teams trying to sign him after the Skins dumped him.

Or why with the Jets, not loaded at WR he wasnt our number 2. I dont dislike him, just am really sure of what he is and I'm not getting worked up with a number injured #4 WR being put on ice

7. BroadwayAaron

For the last time, it’s about taking that risk that you won’t have a viable receiving option in two weeks when you could have. It’s not about this week because this week doesn’t matter.

8. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t call activating Darnold’s #1 receiver from college “removing all familiar targets”

9. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I like the move - we're playing for the future, let's see what some young players can do.

hornblower and LF911SC like this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

The NFL ain’t USC. Again, I feel like the point is being sorely missed. You had chances to either get a vet or ensure that your injured vet doesn’t sign with another team when he’s healthy. You didn’t.

11. LF911SC

For the last time, get this, hes injured. You dont know that he would be available in 2 weeks. The Jets do though. You sound like a broken record but keep forgetting that hes injured. You think we cut Jerry Rice, hes a jag WR. He may have cost us the Dolphin game with his lazy ass, non attempt at catching Sams pass and watching a DB behind him catch the INT. Hes not that good and injured.

hornblower likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

You just keep telling me I’m saying things that I never said. I didn’t forget he’s injured, as evidenced by the amount of times I’ve said “when healthy” or “two weeks”. I also don’t think he’s Jerry Rice as evidenced by the fact I said he’s not hard to replace. Same shit different diaper with you.

13. LF911SC

Dude, you said hes other teams number 2. Youre going on and on about him being a vet replaced by a rookie. Hes a number 4 WR, do you realize that? Who you have no idea when he would be able to play but keep assuming he wont be there in 2 weeks. As if the Jets seem worried. If they resign him on monday, nothings changed. If the kid has been impressing in practice it may have changed for the better.

And cut the diaper BS, grow up

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

15. LF911SC

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer

To replace WR Terrelle Pryor, who was released, the Jets promoted rookie WR Deontay Burnett from the practice squad. This will give them five receivers for tomorrow against the Vikings. Burnett is a former USC teammate of QB Sam Darnold. Their most memorable game was the 2017 Rose Bowl, when he caught 13 passes for 164 yards and three touchdowns against Penn State — the game that vaulted Darnold into national prominence.

16. Inexcusable to go into the game w 3/5 WRs being STer or UDFAs.

17. K'OB

Robby is or was an udfa but why is that being used as some kind of stick to beat the jets management with now ?

He is now at a minimum a number 2 WR if not the number 1 threat, seems very disingenuous to use the udfa part 3 seasons down the line to hammer home a point in a week we are short of WR's due to injury.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Why?

You know why.

Pryor was looking fat to the front office, plain and simple.

FJF likes this.
  19. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

So is the Vikings top receiver.

K'OB likes this.
  20. LF911SC

Yet happens when the injury bug hits. To us and others.