CBS has the Jets picking Noah Fant TE from IOWA

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Saw alot of flaws in this mock but assuming greg little ceases to exist,jonah williams goes to a zone scheme that he doesnt fit & Cajuste goes before the Jets pick id have no objections to this pick.

Fant is the best TE prospect since OJ Howard.Not quite the 2 way threat but he may be quicker,more fluid,run better routes & be a better deep threat.

Paired w Herndon youd have 2 move tight ends who can play H back in a pinch(always an option in the WCO),stretch out to the slot & run routes like WRs. Leggette isnt a bad #3 either.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

OMG ..why no Safeties?

I am floored if this happens

There better be an OL in one or two besides him

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Man I wanted Howard in that draft. A dynamic t.e. Would open up the entire offense. I’ll have to check this guy out. Have t been watching much college this year

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ehhhh..... how often is a TE really worth a 1st rd pick?

5. Not often.But he is

6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I was shocked to not see a 3-4 defensive end there.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

hehe Did you catch my sarcasm?

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

With there seemly a good amount of talent in this draft at both OT and edge, we had better take one or I may need a new TV this spring.

I originally started watching him for the name, but the more I watch of UKs Josh Allen the more I like him in the mid to late first.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Can not draft...Josh Allen. Can’t do it. :p

stinkyB and Harpua like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Horrible mock. Jets take a TE with AJ Brown and Montez Sweat available OTC

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh come on now, the thought of Josh Allen sacking Josh Allen causing a Josh Allen fumble that is recovered by Josh Allen is just too good to pass up on. :D

jixxjr and Red Menace like this.
  12. This draft without specific context unbestowed onto the reader is questionable even at this extrenely early stage.Still,I know you watch tape so i encourage you to take a look at Fant before you write a pick like this off.In terms of value/upside certainly alot could change but hes about even with AJ Brown.

Assuming the Jets lock up Anderson/Enunwa & either retain Pryor/sign a guy like Cobb the biggest holes in the jets skill group are:

-Route running
    -Timing routes
    -Short area
    -Yac explosion
    -Redzone

They essentially need to add more short/intermediate plays into the equation which will in turn to create more big plays & RZ efficiency.

Brown & Fant address different aspects of the above.

- Brown would provide short area,Yac explosion which would lead to redzone success as a slot & in time the Z.He also can get over the top.I worry about his ability to get off the jam in the NFl& while he has the quickness & feet to be a good route runner we havent seen it yet.

- Fant brings route running,timing routes,RZ ability & explosiveness over the top.Hes able to play In line,in the slot & even out wide at the X.Hes 6”5 245 & plays bigger than that..very hard to try to jam him.Beyond that much like Herndon he has the skillset to be an elite level H back which is a role that has had alot of success for the Jets in the past w richie Anderson.

Both should be prime targets in the event Edge & OL are either already addressed or somehow off the table

#13 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 19, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2018
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  13. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

ESPN's Todd McShay also has Fant as the top tight end prospect in the draft and the No. 12 overall pick. CBS Sports' Chris Trapasso puts Fant at the top for his position as well but has him going No. 15 on his board.

"Iowa TE Noah Fant has the potential to be better than any tight end prospect from the 2018 NFL Draft," USA Today DraftWire's Jacob Infante said of Fant. "Freak athlete who can run routes and track down deep passes. Isn't a terrible blocker, either. Might have a legit Round 1 grade on him if he doesn't drop off this year

14. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Amazing how I feel so spooked about picking a TE based on our history with the position.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

Well I rather we draft a Left Tackle.

tiger8mush, K'OB and Leicester Jet like this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I have a feeling that we might win too many games to get a top LT prospect.

17. 101GangGreen101

Brown has that physicality you want in a receiver and he's very good after the catch. I think Herndon is going to be a pretty decent tight end for the Jets, though I do like having 2 TEs that can make plays in the middle of the field. I'll have to check out Fant, as I've been watching a lot of Ole Miss games this year.

BTW, I know you don't want a defensive player but Montez Sweat is a pass rushing impact player. Long arms, good bend off the edge, and has good acceleration off the LOS.

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The only defensive player I'd want in round 1 is an edge rusher. That is, assuming we haven't signed a top FA edge rusher.

stinkyB and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

Only defensive position I am keying on is EDGE rusher in the first round. Check out Montez Sweat, and you can never have too many pass-rushers on the roster. He had a huge game against LSU this weekend.

Another deep pass-rushing class, Mac and the Jets need to take advantage of. If I had to choose between a pass rusher, TE or WR ... its easily pass rusher. Jets can't close games because of it.

mrjet80 likes this.