Darn..good for a rookie

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 16, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You would have to ask PFF. Mayfield's grade is 82.7 and Darnold's is 61.5.

abc likes this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Did anyone see this?

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I loved that so much. Great tackle, cool as a cucumber, grunts like Monica Seles, gives the #1 sign with his index finger in the air after a TD like Namath, better motivational speaker then that horse face turd Tony Robbins. You can really see his poise and command. I'm gonna re-watch this just so I can love it all over again. I still can't believe we got this guy because this is something that happens to somebody else.

Attackett, HomeoftheJets and K'OB like this.
  4. jetophile

True to my word, I re-watched it and loved it all over again. "Let's go baby!" "Oh, man, that was fun." More let's go babies, good job bros, and oh, mans. He's just so freaking likeable. No question in my mind that he will have complete control of that locker room. No prima donna there, makes sure to spread the credit, how refreshing. He didn't know that one of guys on the sideline was the team chiropractor. Hopefully he never has to make an appointment. :eek:

He did get his bell rung a little on that slide. Should have been a flag IMO even though I'm partial. Remember that old dopey song 'It's Raining Men'? Well, if that was Tom Cheat, substitute men with flags. That's a definite.

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Watch it again.

Let me know what you think

jetophile likes this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

One thing I immediately picked out from this video is at the end when the panel is discussing the Jets and Giants. Boomer says something at the very end that really highlights an argument many have had on here:

Mike Maccagnan has done a fantastic job finding cheap talent in many positions. You can question Todd Bowles, as I now do, but I just think it's hard to look at Mac's moves so far and want him gone

Trainer and GasedAndConfused like this.
  7. jetophile

I shall! I will then subsequently write a DefenseWinsChampionships level dissertation! I will be sure to use the word kid gratuitously! Kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid, kid -.do I stutter? Occasionally.

Falco21 likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they made tough catches and kept drives moving but consistently good really isn't the same as exciting. i mean curtis martin was consistently good and one of the top RBs all time, but he wasn't an exciting player to watch. he just went out and got the job done but earned the nickname "caught from behind curtis"

9. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The reality is that most fans have absolutely no idea what being a GM entails. They point to the draft because that's what gets the hype and that's what they are exposed to. If the worst anyone can say is that he reached for Hack and missed on some middle round picks, I'm good with that - considering his trades, cap management, contract negotiations, and the way he maneuvered into a spot that allowed us to grab Darnold.

10. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

The kid plays like The Man, but that video and audio sort of wakes you up to the fact that he is, indeed, only a just-turned 21 year-old kid.

You really have to be enthused with his play so far, and how potentially high his ceiling can be, considering he's still at least 5-6 seasons from what should be the beginning of his "prime." I just hope he continues to get better and better over these next few years. He definitely has the will to put in the work required.

Here's a couple more #BaldysBreakdowns from Brian Baldinger focusing on Sam Darnold. His All 22 breakdowns are a treat to check out after each weekend of games.

BudJet, Attackett, K'OB and 3 others like this.