Who the hell are we??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Harpua, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

This.
    we'll see what the team is made of once these next 10 games are completed. IMHO, if they win 4 or more of them, the CS has done a good job.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I didn't disagree with you. I'm feeling great about Sam. I don't get the heebie-jeebies every time he goes to make a play. It's not something I'm used to. It's downright foreign. He can't do it all, though. Need to put more pieces around him as we all know in FA and the draft. And Spencer Long, holy chit, fug that guy. My only real fear is him getting murdered on the field before that happens. I will kill that entire FO with a rusty musket. I think that's roughly the 5th way I've devised to kill them since they started him, even if he gets hit with a bolt of lightning and it's effectively out of their control. Sam doesn't make me nervous at all (imagine that?). It's what's around him that does. The OL has been doing a surprisingly meh serviceable job, but not serviceable enough to make me feel comfortable in my own skin for the duration.

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Not even at 30-13?

The Jets defense is terribly out of shape. They run out of gas early in third quarters.

Arians pointed out the Jets defense looked tired in the third quarter yesterday.

4. WarriorRB28

Through six games this is my scouting report on the 2018 Jets:

1. Explosive home run ability at WR & RB. Good depth at those positions.

2. Underrated o-line. I can't believe some of the holes Crowell runs through he's untouched well into the second level of the defense sometimes.

3. Big play ability in all three phases of the game.

4. Inconsistant, out of shape defense. Play well in spurts. A team like the Pats will go no huddle early on these guys have them gasping for air in the second quarter.

5. A rapidly improving young QB. Seems to get better each & every week that doesn't mean there won't be bumps in the road ahead. Still it looks like he has a good enough team around him to win when those days happen.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

No disagreements here. I think the line will protect Sam throughout the year, but next year all bets are off. Beachum another year older, Jets need to find some lineman and edge rushers to take that next step. Next year should be the first year the Jets start contending for more than just a playoff spot.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Fat players on D?

stinkyB likes this.
  7. WarriorRB28

Terribly out of shape. Certainly not four quarters plus OT if necessary game shape.

Which is strange because I haven't noticed that from the offense at all. It's just the defense.

8. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

I made a similar statement some time ago...i cant figure out our identity. It solely depends on the defense we are playing against and i don't like that.

9. David-The-Meats-Harris

David-The-Meats-Harris Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think fans of most teams feel the same. Or should. It's a dynamic game, anything can happen at any time. Most teams can blow a lead. No other sport really relies on so many moving pieces during a game. Coaches to players to waterboy.
    I'm not denying the jets have given reasons to feel that way, I just don't think it's exclusive to the jets

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I’ll tell you what the Jets are, an average to below average football team.

That’s what Mac has put together. There are some pieces on the team but that’s the inherent nature of being a bad team, you draft high hence the opportunity to get some good players.

That’s why the question lingers, what are they?

We would know if they were a good football team, the Rams, Chiefs, Steelers, Patriots, those teams can be defined as good, they are consistent winners. Whether it’s a close game, a high scoring game, a mistake filled game, a Road game....etc

Those teams simply pull out the wins, 9 out of 10 times under any circumstance.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

To answer the OP's question? We won't know until after the season is over..

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The Rams had 13 consecutive seasons of 500 or worse up until last year. Those 3 other teams have something in common. Great QB play and the same head coach for years.

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Do you think Bowls is the guy who will lead us to a Super Bowl? I have my doubts mainly because of his tendency to be conservative and unwillingness to take risks when the opportunity presents itself.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I simply answered the question, did you answer the question of who we are?

Mac has put together an average to below average team, it’s that plain and simple.

The Chiefs had talent before Andy took over.

I don’t care what the Rams did before last year, they changed the CS and all of a sudden Goff has hit his stride with a young innovative offensive minded HC, so it can’t be a fact of a long tenured HC being the difference since Goff is only a 2 year QB and Mcveigh is a second year HC.

It’s pretty simple, the right GM, personnel and CS have to be combined to make for a very good football team.

The jets don’t have that, I will say it here and now, the jets are not going anywhere with Mac and Bowles in charge.

I have no problems eating crow if things change, but I don’t believe they will.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

we buried detroit and denver

Yankjetfan likes this.