2019 NFL Mock Draft we are picking 1st.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Jul 11, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be just our luck...in a draft loaded with very good LT and edge-rusher prospects, Mac will take a NT with our first pick. It may make a lot of sense, but it would still make me want to take a little drive to NJ and kick Bowles, Mac's and Chris Johnson's asses!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. As good as Oliver is..and he is special..I think acouple of these OTs are just as good.Greg Little & Yodney Cajuste.Both very athletic w good balance & both can play in zone.Top end pass protectors.

But as you said look who is in charge.I could Definitely see them fall in love with Oliver. Its not often you find a nose who is an actual playmaker esp one who fits in Bowles scheme,Oliver is that. What i fear is they take him & then just make him another 34DE they dont know how to use.

I think theyll be some day 2 OTs w decent upside available.If they go another way in round 1

3. NCJetsfan

Haven't heard of Yodney Cajuste. Have seen a lot of other OTs mentioned, but not him. Where's he in school?

4. West Virginia.

Hes got great feet & mirroring ability in pass pro, moves very well in space on both screens & zone running plays,extremely violent punch.He needs to add some mass & definition to his frame & also needs to learn to finish blocks better.

Hes a no doubt 1st rounder to me.Potentially top 10.Hes a better run blocker than Little & more violent hands.

Little has better balance,agility & anchoring ability & is no slouch as a run blocker. Little has a chance to be very special.

5. NCJetsfan

Thanks! Little is the one I want, unless Cajuste or someone else blows me away between now and the draft.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I've said it before, but Giants fans may be about to find out that tanking for a QB is easier said than done.

7. Little is still my choice as well.I just think hes a top 5 pick & we’ll be picking somewhere in top 15 or so.

Cajuste would be another option & frankly is almost as good of a prospect but just not quite as refined physically or fundamentally.

#27 KurtTheJetsFan, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2018
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

As much as I think an OT in this upcoming draft is almost a given having a WR like Harry to pair with Darnold for next 10 or so years is very enticing.

With this draft so strong on OL I wouldn’t completely rule out a top playmaking prospect in first round.

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

With us having no 2nd round pick, waiting until round 3 to address the OL would be a risky move IMO.

NCJetsfan, stinkyB and Leicester Jet like this.
  10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I know around here everyone always says "TRADE DOWN!"... but in reality, there has to be an eager partner to pull avoid that without getting fleeced. I sure hope he is able to pull that off unless there's a stud tackle (or guard if they win more games) staring him in the face

CotcheryFan likes this.