CBS Sports: Chandler Jones trade rumor to Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Oct 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I disagree completely. The Cardinals actually have great to good players at key positions. Edge rushers, Safety and CB and their 3 guys at those positions are far better than anyone on the Jets. They also have a good young LT and Center. They have a running back that is one of the top 5 in the league. Of course like the Jets they have a rookie QB on a rookie contract. They also drafted Kirk at WR this year. He looks terrific. Fitz looks done but he's 16.8 million dollar hit is gone at the end of this year and so is he.

The coaching staff looks to be a huge problem. McCoy's O is horrible. The signing of Bradford was a disaster but it's already behind them. They still have a better over all D than the Jets do.

When you have a QB, Running back, LT, Center, WR, CB, Safety and edge rusher that can play top end NFL ball you can build a winner very quickly. The Rams are in a win now mode and may have to start dumping players for cap space when they resign Goff. Goff is going to get paid a lot sooner than Darnold or Rosen. That's a huge plus.

The big question for the Cardinals that the Jets don't have is the coaching staff. Wilks may survive but the OC has to be replaced. Their GM got a DUI during the offseason so you might see a complete change. They get the right guy in one good draft and the right FA's and the can compete. The Jets are most certainly better off but not because of personal, because the front office and coaching staff is stable.

#101 Biggs, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    FJF and JetBlue like this.
  2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Jets get
    - Chandler Jones
    - Patrick Peterson

Cardinals get
    - 2019 third
    - 2019 third
    - 2019 fifth

dmarz45 and phubbadaman like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So, we blow off the 2019 draft except for our 1st and 7th? Not sure if we still have our 6th but does that really matter??

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If you could get PP and Jones for 2 third's and a 5th say thank you and go out for a nice meal on draft day.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Let’s say we keep those picks; what’s the ratio you consider a success? 1 out of 3 being good/great? If so, you get that one great player with the trade anyways and rationalize the two “lost” picks as simply the expected 2 picks that wouldn’t have been meaningful players anyway. The end result of the trade gets you the same result you were hoping to achieve with the three picks.

FJF likes this.
  6. Cman68

Except the OLine gets shortchanged and it will be up to Macc once again to get it fixed via FA. This proposal is the equivalent of drafting BPA-D and I'm not sold on Macc's ability to bring in adequate OLine talent via FA. Having $90mil is one thing.. Spending it wisely is quite another.. Offense first JB.. Offense makes the NFL go in this new era.

#106 Cman68, Oct 16, 2018
  7. Cman68

So its BPA-D again in 2019? Do you have that much faith in Macc to fix the OLine via FA even with $90mil to spend? I don't..

Offense has to be THE PRIORITY this upcoming offseason.

#107 Cman68, Oct 16, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That’s not fair, we should at least get David Johnson too.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Unless we take our franchise left tackle with the first.
    Walk away with Jones,Peterson and cornerstone left tackle for 2019 is pretty good

Cman68 likes this.
  10. FJF

What are you getting with a 3rd round pick that would be as good having jones?

11. Cman68

I'll buy that.. The question as always is, will Macc address the OLine with any of our remaining higher picks or just roll the dice in FA.. if its FA, then we may still have issues although at a higher price point. Helluva way to protect our FQB investment..

#111 Cman68, Oct 16, 2018
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As someone who is on the fence about whether or not Macc is the GM who will build a Super Bowl contender, I will be firmly on the Fire Macc train if he neglects the OL in the draft. It will show that he hasn't learned that FA's and mid round picks do not make a great or even good OL.

NCJetsfan and Cman68 like this.
  13. FJF

I don’t trust Mac after his 1st round pick so if he wants to trade the rest so be it.

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I dont think the solution to the o line comes in the third and fifth rounds anyways without some extreme luck.

There’s no doubt we need o line, but we need a pass rusher too. I think the proposed trade for a proven pass rusher is a smart play and we look to shore up the o line another way. I wouldn’t pass on a proven sack machine to hold onto mid draft picks with the hope they turn out to be the solution to the o line.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Hope.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  16. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Not a bad point. Maybe one of our thirds. Definitely not both. Still not sold but for one maybe I won't be as upset.

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so because you don't agree with the way the jets ran the clock, however it still worked out, so your mad? if they ran out of time and didn't get the FG off then i would complain as well but when you execute it perfectly, make the pass, get to the line, spike it , kick the FG, and get the 3 points it means the plan worked out. whats the difference which down it was spiked as long as we got the 3 points?

far from a routine play. i see vets mess it up all the time. with a rookie QB and a young team and not to mention our history of poor clock management from bowles and other coaches, this was a great thing to see.

18. GasedAndConfused

IDK i don't see it. peterson is a stud still for sure but outside of him their CBs suck. they let go of the honey badger and have a hole at safety. overall the jets secondary is much better with trumaine, claiborne, adams and maye. hell our whole defense is better with the exception of a pass rusher. They do have a good LT and C but the rest of their line is trash and while DJ is a top 5 RB they can't open a hole for him to save their lives. krik is looking good for a rookie but outside of him their WRs are medicore as is their TE. were are better then them across the board except for Pass rusher, RB, LT, and C.

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, I'm not "mad". I'm critiquing what I think was a bad decision by Bowles.

Second, just because it worked, doesn't mean it was a good decision, just that he was lucky. It's still a bad decision.

twown likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

that's fine, you can think that all you want but the result was exactly what we wanted so it worked. you can think going for it on 4th down is a bad decision but if we get it, who cares it worked. sometimes you take risks, sometimes you don't. i it works out it's hard to complain about it over your personal gripes that you personally would have done it different.