Should the Jets trade for Amari Cooper?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Oct 15, 2018.

?

Should the Jets Trade For Amari Cooper?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    79.1%
  1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Carr ?

He is awful imo of course, he seems to fold under pressure in bigger games, not that I go out of my way to watch full games, just highlights which may or may not show a true reflection.

I wouldn't be in a rush to swap Sam for him anyway.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But need a hell of a lot of OL :)

EDIT wait that was sarcasm wasn't it ;)

3. Khan

Khan Active Member

WR is a strength, there may not be an elite #1 guy but everyone is good at something. And Cooper isn't that guy so no thanks.

4. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

According to bleacher report, oakland wants a 1st for him.

Lol

phubbadaman likes this.
  5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, and YES.
    I mentioned in the Chandler thread that I would love to see what Dorrell can do with Cooper. He's done a damned good job with Quincy and Robby. I'm confident he can turn Cooper into the legit #1 he was supposed to be coming out of college.

Dare I say it? A first for Jones and a third for Cooper and make a run each of the next 4 years before the cap becomes an issue.
    Gotta do it. It raises the caliber of the defense and the offense immediately and Sam has shown me enough to believe he can beat anyone on any given Sunday. Give him the weapons.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I say no..

I say we BUY our missing parts at WR with the tons of $ we have for FA

But be careful get a receiver who is no more than say 24-26

Anybody older well..we have them already

I am hesitant about using any picks since we need OL first and foremost

7. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

This kinda a myth. For QB's who have had to throw the ball over 500 times a year the only QB with a legit higher completion % is Drew Brees
    Hes ranked in the class's of Big Ben Tom Brady Phillip Rivers Matt Ryan there are a lot of factors to take into consideration but he's in good company
    performance wise

8. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I see the attraction, but why would the Jets trade for anyone when we’re not likely to make the playoffs?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

I voted yes, but for a first, hell no. A 3rd and a conditional pick is what I would give up for Cooper. Anderson, Cooper & Enunwa would be a dynamic wr core for Darnold to grow with ( all are young enough to make a run in the next 4 years). Something weird is going on with Carr, just two years ago jet fans were mocking Mac on not drafting him now he looks like garbage. No one regresses that much without cause ( injury or coaching) in this modern nfl. Cooper would be a quality #1 wr that would cause multiple mismatches for defenses to scheme against. I rather us invest in the offense with Cooper than burn more picks for defense i.e. Chandler Jones.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Macc had done a good job of getting us WRs. Macc inherited Enunwa, then brought in Robbie as a walk on and traded for Kerse. Then signed Pryor in the off season. Macc's also done a good job of getting us some TE help.

All this being said, I don't think we need to 'reach' or waste any draft capital bringing in another guy mid season.

I like the thought of letting Darnold 'grow' with his current receivers, especially Enunway and Anderson. I'm glad we DON'T have a star/stud #1 WR. I really like seeing Darnold pass the rock around to 4 or 5 guys every game. Defenses have no clue where he's going with the ball, and defenses can't dbl everyone. All Sammie has to do is find the WR in single cvg and toss him the ball.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Didn't we already have a physical specimen of a WR that would just drop the fucking the ball all over the place? [What the hell was his name? Hill or something, no?]

12. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Von Miller says hello

Mr mittens likes this.
  13. Jetsfansince2015

Odd That I followed both teams very closely before I found the team I would love for the rest of my life in the Jets.

Fowler was a product of a great D with 2 dominating CB in Ramsey and Abouye that would suffocate WR allowing for him to thrive.

Now Tate on the other hand is an incredible Playmaker. Would love to watch him in a JETS uni. He is the consummate professional and team player. Would definitely take him over Cooper.

14. Trainer

I love Tate too. Some things to consider though.
    One - Tate is 30 years old, Cooper 24.

Two - Cooper is under contract through 2019, which means Mac would have time to negotiate a long term deal while he's playing for us. Free agency brings no guarantee that we'll be able to sign Tate, or anyone else for that matter. It's the "bird in the hand vs two in the bush" scenario. Wishing and hoping for a player in free agency doesn't make it happen. Trading for a player makes him yours.

15. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He's on pace this year to have one of his best seasons. No signs of slowing down yet. Still probably has a few good seasons left.

$25,625,000 cap hit in 2019 and $22,225,000 in 2020. Better be putting up ridiculous numbers for that kind of cash.

Jetsfansince2015 likes this.
  16. Jetsfansince2015

Bro I’ve watched, played, and loved football my whole life and never truly understood the transactions and business deals. Thanks for the knowledge. Before your reply I was really going to search and study these things anyway. Now I know I have to do that

Trainer likes this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

This guy has never realized his hype.

I stand by my thread months ago, with the emergence of Ridley, I’d make a run at Julio.

18. Trainer

It's one of the reasons I think Mac gets a bad rap on this board. Yes, he's had some moves that left me scratching my head (Hack, virtually no O-line drafted) but his management of the roster under the cap has been extraordinary, and has set us up in a very good position going forward.

Jetsfansince2015 likes this.
  19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Didn't Ridley get hurt yesterday? I doubt the Falcons are moving Julio anyway.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Idk. The only 1 and something team I’m willing to watch is the NYJ