Darron Lee Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Charlie Kelly, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Darron Lee

1. lol

19 vote(s)
    38.0%
  2. lmao

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  3. MaineJet is bad

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  4. rotflmao

8 vote(s)
    16.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Its no coincidence that Lee made plays when the the D was playing w a decent sized lead.That hasnt happened much last few years. Lee’s a guy that needs to pin his ears back,trust his athleticisn & play downhill to be at his best;When you’re playing in a rigid 3-4 base & are always trying to carry the O & play perfect..thats not a favorable position.

stinkyB and westiedog1 like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I’ve been harder on Lee than perhaps anyone. He was great though on Monday night. I hope he can keep it up and prove me wrong all season

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Helps that they have a linebacker that can do the dirty work in Williamson, and Lee can shoot the gaps. Davis was not that type of player. With Williamson, Lee's position on the defense is solidified. Davis and Lee were far too similar. Both won't do the dirty work and that's OK in terms of Lee, that's not his style. But his awareness was the best I've ever seen it, and I don't think that has anything to do with the lead.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Kind of like what Bart Scott did for for Ray Lewis.

Wait, whut?

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

My actual reaction when I read this (especially the first laugh) ... you savage you ...

[​IMG]

6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

In his third year the game seems to be slowing down for him - he's seeing things that he didn't see before and reacting more quickly. Hopefully the progress continues.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

His run defense continues to be abysmal. We are essentially trotting out a nickel base defense on obvious running downs.

9. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

What's unbelievable is that after two games where he's played the pass very well they didn't have him covering the running back on passes out of the backfield and got repeatedly burned on it. They have him in doing what he's bad at, and don't have him in doing what he's good at. Kacy Rodgers is the worst DC I've ever seen.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Beasted AGAIN...Hines who leads rookies in receptions, held to just two catches today. Had 8 tackles, and a pick.

Put some damn spec on DARRON LEE's name.

11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Came here to bump this. Great pick by him on the heads up play. Probs to Lee haha.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Lee has been TERRIFIC against the pass; he's turned into what I expect Mac and Bowes projected when they drafted him. That said, he is still needs a lot of work against the run. Lucky for us this is a passing league; so as long as he continues his stellar play in the passing game, he's a plus for us overall. Ideally, it would be nice to have a thumper at ILB that we play ahead of Lee on obvious running downs but I can't see them doing that to a former 1st round pick who is making so many plays in the passing game. Right now Williamson is the more balanced player.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

Led the defense in tackle's with 8 along with a late, game changing interception and yet another stand out performance out of our 1st round IMLB and only 3rd year player.

Nice to see all those little pundits with "Sharron Lee" nicknames being embarrassed, due to writing off an extremely talented kid with elite athleticism after only his first two freaking years in the league.

"Bust" my ass.

Mr mittens, LAJet and Mogriffjr like this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Bust your ass? OK. At least that post wasn't as long as the Treaty of Versailles.

stinkyB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

So the Germans are to blame that Lee sucked, or something?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

He's notorious for posting dissertations that drag on forever. I mean, I drag on forever at times (because brain), but all he does is post shit that would make you drop out of college. Plus, he's a white wannabe rap star who is probably elated that Miami won today.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lee and a number of players on the Defense are finally showing something...not raining on anyones parade but as DWC said "only 2 years in the league" for THIS to happen ?

Sorry..but IMO FIRST ROUNDERS have to be IMPACT players from year one a la Joey Bosa etc...or closer to home our Sam stepping right up

..dont look now but the real toughies are showing up..Minny Chicago and our Div Rivals

Can Sharon do it again and again and again????? ahahahah

18. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

While i agree its nice when first-round picks can perform at high levels out of the gate but there's a big difference between a guy drafted at 3 and a guy drafted at 20. EVERYONE knew Lee was a guy with high ceiling but was going to need some work on the field and in the weight room before he hits a stud level.

Lets not forget Lee is still only 23

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

No you want your first rounders to be cornerstones for the franchise for years to come. Yes he was raw coming out but he played well enough that he wasn't buried on the DC...which showed me Bowles felt he was close. Now he's making big time plays and is having his coming out party...he's at the top as one of the better cover LB's so far this year. For as much BAD luck the Jets have had in the past with their 1st rounders, people giving Lee a hard time when he's actually done more then let's say, Dewayne Robertson, Quinton Coples, Vernon Gholston...shall I go on?