ODB signs massive extension

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LF911SC, Aug 27, 2018.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Le'Veon Bell may be holding out, which is his right, but I've never viewed him in the same light as Odell Temper Tantrum Beckham.

2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Neither was that pain in the ass hard core piece of garbage. Plax did damage to himself, Santonio was just sullen

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I would consider shooting oneself more than mere "damage".

4. LF911SC

You miss the point. He shot himself, he did nothing to a teammate or to the team

5. Rollo Tomassi

That was meant as a joke. I didn't read the thread. :oops:

6. LF911SC

No problem, got you.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

So OBJ has a serious problem with cramping, as he himself acknowledges - in both their recent loss to the Eagles and their week 4 loss to the Saints he left the field because he was cramping up and needed an IV.

Why might it be that he gets so dehydrated? Well, the mystery has been solved - apparently he doesn't like to drink water (it gives him a "slushy" stomach feeling). This was all news to his coach, who after last week's game said “Dehydrated again. Some guys' bodies dehydrate quicker than others, so we just have to keep looking for ways to make sure he stays hydrated.” But never fear, Coach Shurmur is now all on board with discussing this important issue: "That’s news to me, yeah. I mean listen, Odell and I and the players talk about a lot of things. We don’t talk about our like and dislike for water ... [under his breath] What a business.”

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...like-water-because-of-slushy-stomach-feeling/

What will we call this water-related scandal? I'm tempted to go with, um, Water-gate, but maybe not.

HomeoftheJets and dawinner127 like this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

"I wish he would create the headlines by his play on the field as opposed to what he says and does off the field," Mara said from the NFL's Fall League Meeting. "I think he needs to do a little more playing and a little less talking." - John Mara

Hahaha. Then Beckham's Dad jumped into the fray by defending his son by taking to Instagram and posting a short video of Mara throwing a chair in the press box at the Giants most recent debacle. He says something along the lines of you criticize my son and but act the same way. This is just too delicious.

dawinner127 likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I can tell you what Giants fans are drinking after seeing this and it isn't water.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^Probably Thunderbird or Night Train. If they're lucky, Ripple. If they're really lucky, Champipple.

11. Rollo Tomassi

All afternoon yesterday on talk radio in NY that’s all they were talking about.

So great. Gave the guy a billion dollars and he hates being in NY. Wants to force his way to LA and they can’t trade him for at least 2 years because of the salary cap.

That POS should suffer here for years.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/odell-...ohn-mara-architect-giants-mess-152943714.html

Mara finally getting called out as the ringleader of this circus.
    it's about time!
    He was completely onboard with benching Eli last season, and then threw his coaching staff under the bus when the fans didn't like it.
    He was onboard with paying Beckham a ton of money despite his antics, and now is acting surprised by his ongoing antics.

There is serious dysfunction going on in that organization, and it's coming from a lot of mixed messages at the top.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Mara makes the Johnsons look like great owners. o_O

14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

finally good to see the giants being the NY football dysfunction as opposed to the usual offenders, the jets.

relatively speaking of course.

i actually thought they would have a good year and squeeze one more out of Eli. LOL.