2018 Fantasy Football Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by dawinner127, Aug 29, 2018.

1. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I have a few trade offers and wanted some other opinions.

Calvin Ridley for Kerryon Johnson or
    John Brown for Kerryon Johnson or
    Amari Cooper and Darius Leonard for Kerryon Johnson and Geronimo Allison.

I'm trading Johnson. I want a receiver back that I can start in flex. Calvin Ridley I think is my best bet, but I'd like to hear some other thoughts.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Ridley, hands down

3. phubbadaman

That is where I was leaning.

4. phubbadaman

Someone just offered me Alshon Jeffrey for Kerryon, but I think I'm still leaning towards Ridley. Alshon has really good games, but his numbers with Eagles last year weren't anything to go crazy over.

5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think you can get more for kerryon. Ridleys touchdown % is way to high for the amount of snaps and targets he gets. He will eventually come back to earth. I’m a Ridley owner and I’m hoping I’m wrong but i don’t like my odds.

6. phubbadaman

That is basically the opposite of Kerryon. he plays well, he should get more carries, but he doesn't. He's splitting with two other guys. The market wasn't there for him. I ended up going with Ridley. I would prefer someone with a higher floor, but I like his ceiling and evidently the Falcons are going to be in shoot outs all year.

7. Brandon Moore's Butt

Brandon Moore's Butt Active Member

Got a guy in my league holding Gurley and Kelce and not much else. He’s 1-4 and I’m 3-2, my thinking is he needs a more talented overall lineup and I need a higher top end.

Thinking about offering up:
    David Johnson
    James Conner or TJ Yeldon
    Emmanuel Sanders
    Jimmy Graham

For Gurley and Kelce.

Not sure if that’s too high/low or even a good idea in the first place. For context my other position players are Mixon, Fournette, Mike Evans, Keenan Allen and then have a couple decent WR3 types in Tyler Boyd, John Brown, Golden Tate, Enunwa.

Maybe I’d be better off trying to get a top end receiver instead? What do you guys think?

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rather have Ridley and Brown than Johnson,,,,,,,I hate Cooper so yes go get Allison if healthy

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

In other news I have been working the phone lines as this week is our trading Deadline,,,,,,,Traded Jimmy Graham for Tate and not done yet

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

man this is why I hate being desperate at 1-4 because when you try and make moves / trades people just ask for your best player,,lol.

11. phubbadaman

I'd imagine they will want to hold on to Gurley. Johnson for Kelce may work straight up. Johnson keeps getting touchdowns but I don't trust the Arizona offense to keep getting him to the goal line. I recently traded David Johnson for Melvin Gordon (we swapped receivers too).

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I am on the Fuller side of this , that said would you trade any of these guys for Will Fuller ? Sammy Watkins----Ashlon Jeffrey-----Tyler Boyd ----Jarvis Landry----JulianEdelman---Alan Robinson ? Just let me know who if anyone you WOULD pull the trigger for .

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Maybe Jeffry, maybe

CBG likes this.
  14. dawinner127

I think I would take Landry, Jeffrey, and A Rob over Fuller. Landry has a juicy schedule coming up. The health questions about Fuller scare me and I don't even own him

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

heres the deal ---I understand that you have to also look at the make up of the other team, byes and whether or not they have any texans already -----that said---yes I understand the health issues but that goes for any of these guys but again I get it more so with "handle with care Fuller" that said this morning I threw out straight up for Jeffrey ( has his own health issues ) and same for Watkins who I offered up today as well. I think IF everyone is Healthy you can argue for him against any of them but I get it,,,lets see if the owners I offered him to feel differently.If I did not have Coutee I would not even want to trade Fuller but as I said in earlier posts my 3rd WR is killing me and although I just got Tate for Graham = Tate is on a Bye this week so I need a 3rd guy NOW lol ,,,,,,My current Wr are Sanders, Fuller, Coutee, Enunwa, Mike Williams and Tate who is on a Bye Fyi Jimmy Graham gone but I now have Brate and Oj Howard so Im comfy with that as Graham was killing me lol

#175 CBG, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  16. dawinner127

Someone offered me Gronk and Alex Collins for Zeke. Turned it down real quick. 3 hours later same guy gets the deal done for DJ.

CBG likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I would not have traded Zeke for those guys either,,,,,DJ still going to have issues in that offense he's been far from the same guy but I stray. Zeke even in the dysfunctional cowboys offense is a beast ,,,,How soon before Gronk is hurt as we know thats coming

18. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I started off 2-0, and then suddenly before I know what hit me, the last 3 weeks I've lost all 3 games by a COMBINED 7 POINTS.

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

that does bite the big one

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. dawinner127

@FJF have you decided anything for DKs this week? I’m riding The 10k gurley train AND Lindsay in that game. Coleman is also a good flex play cheap since freeman is out.

Rams are ranked like 29th in dvoa on stopping the run and the broncos are ranked first in dvoa for rushing. I watched the majority of that rams Seattle game last week because the rams were my suicide pool pick and they are NOT as good on defense as most think.