Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

insurance busting b's a bit jeto but it will work out...now 30-60 mph winds and up to 6" of rain Wednesday / Thursday which I will take compared to the poor souls in the panhandle/Alabama coast. This will be a disaster with that kind of strength and such low lying coastlines down there. This has major disaster written all over it. Elevations there can be measure by a ruler 100 feet from the beach. Not good...and afraid that the strength of Michael will be much more than Florence. With Florence the killer was speed, or lack of...with Michael its poor muscle.

Thanks for the call out jeto…..really happy to see you back here!

CBG likes this.
  2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lets talk Jets real quick

I don't care if Barkley turns out to be a hall of famer....What the Giants did by letting Darnold fall to us is something that I will truly never forget.

This kid...I have to say...this kid is the real deal. I have never...in my 49 years of rooting for the Jets...never have been so high on a player wearing green and white.

This kid...those 3 touchdown passes...his sideline passes...his presence....this kid...wow...finally. That little bump in the draft and the Giants thinking Barkley and the running back position and perhaps another couple years out of Manning were enough to pass on....I don't know...bullshit..I know. Never been so positive about a player. And Im a wishy washy GM. Back and forth. Not this kid.

Ok..back to the weather.

dawinner127, stinkyB and FJF like this.
  3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That talent is wasted if the coaching staff can't call a good game! Bowles & Co. suck pretty bad

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Did you get some serious damage? I'm sure that vinyl siding took a beating.

Anyway... killer site for live surface winds (I use it for predicting surf):
    https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-83.51,29.07,3000

anyway, more population in the PCB area, but around the corner towards the big bend - cedar key, the sea floor is SO SHALLOW for a long ways out, that the surge would be WAY worse if the right side of the eye wobbled to that side (Ive gone there to go fish the "middle grounds" once.. we went over 20 miles (before being turned back by storms) and it was only like 40' deep.
    I was making tentative plans to camp at Cape San Blas this fall when the weather got nicer.... hopefully it doesnt get destroyed

#14004 stinkyB, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    CBG likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Almost loses house and life. Still talking Jets, hahaha. Priorities you know!

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

IF you believe in God say a few prayers if you don't then keep the Panhandle in your thoughts as Michael will be the strongest Hurricane to EVER HIT THE United States ! The damage and death toll could be stupid off the charts. Amazing how quickly this developed and strengthened and if if you know anyone who lives near the pan Handle tell them to get out of Dodge------the storm surge and strength = OMG,,,,very sad. Stinky and Jay,Fjay, and other you know I am NOT EXAGGERATING ,

jaywayne12 likes this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

956 mb when it hits land fall. This is going to be bad. Real bad. Good luck to anyone in harms way.

CBG likes this.
  8. stinkyB

Already down to 926! I'm afraid he's making a run for Cat 5 before impact :(

9. stinkyB

10. stinkyB

The buoy 115nm offshore of the panhandle tapped out at 4am when it hit 31'

11. stinkyB

12. stinkyB

13. stinkyB

14. stinkyB

Port St. Joe is an "Old Time" Florida fishing town.... place will get destroyed. Cape San Blas has a very nice State Park. Hopefully the ocean doesnt cut it in half :(

15. jetophile

@stinkyB, I don't know what's worse flood or fire (they're both awful, but I lean towards fire), but I'm sorry about your stuff. Sounds cliche, but a lot of stuff is replaceable. StinkyB is not. Still heartbreaking and not marginalizing when it comes to things of sentimental value.

I heard the governor on the news last night saying you must you must you must get out NOW. Ugh. You know there's going to be a handful of idiots who aren't going to listen. A lot of times it's the elderly either through stubbornness or lack of family with nowhere to go. I also thought I heard something about tornadoes?!

At the height of the worst of the CA wildfires, emergency personnel just flat out said if you don't GTFO when we tell you to consider yourself dead because no one's going in there to try to save you from your own stupidity. It's fruitless and pointless. Shudders.

16. GordonGecko

wow, just wow. That really sucks forget all the material stuff, things can be replaced I hope the people down there stay safe and make it through

17. GordonGecko

Definitely lots of people with nowhere to go and/or low mobility but I'd say way more that aren't worried because actually by history, they are correct. TV personalities hype up hurricanes to no end then the storm either misses completely where they were predicting or there are almost no casualties. This probably happens something like 95% of the time (random number), but for that 5% you are in major serious trouble. If Michael is that 5%, this is going to be real bad. If my family were in the path I would not take that 95% chance, I would be taking a nice long road trip inland. NOT WORTH THE RISK, NO THANKS

FJF likes this.
  18. stinkyB

The Governor of FL (Rick Scott) is an absolute piece of shit and I wish he went swimming in the storm .... anyway....

Yes, tornadoes are the biggest threat to the inland peeps.... and alot of that area to east / NE of Panama City is very rural old style fishing community. Alot of poor peeps, and alot of "old salts" that prob didnt go anywhere cause it was a Cat 2 last night. Sadly though, that area is probably the most vulnerable region in the entire state for storm surge. That thin strip of land making Cape San Blas probably has the nicest beach in the entire state, and is getting full eyewall the whole time. Wouldnt be surprised if it gets cut in half :(

19. jetophile

Holy Shit on a shingle. 155 mph winds, Category 5?

https://www.wftv.com/weather/eye-on...h-fla-deadly-impacts-historic-storm/849951826

EDIT: Other sources still staying Category 4, but that is a recent link. ^

Category 1 – 74 to 95 mph: Very dangerous winds will produce some damage: Well-constructed frame homes could have damage to the roof, shingles, vinyl siding, and gutters. Large branches of trees will snap and shallowly rooted trees may be toppled. Extensive damage to power lines and poles likely will result in power outages that could last a few to several days.

Category 2 – 96 to 110 mph: Extremely dangerous winds will cause extensive damage: Well-constructed frame homes could sustain major roof and siding damage. Many shallowly rooted trees will be snapped or uprooted and block numerous roads. Near-total power loss is expected with outages that could last from several days to weeks.

Category 3 – 111-129 mph: Devastating damage will occur: Well-built framed homes may incur major damage or removal of roof decking and gable ends. Many trees will be snapped or uprooted, blocking numerous roads. Electricity and water will be unavailable for several days to weeks after the storm passes. (Category 3 storms and above are considered major hurricanes).

Category 4 – 130-156 mph: Catastrophic damage will occur: Well-built framed homes can sustain severe damage with loss of most of the roof structure and/or some exterior walls. Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and power poles downed. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.

Category 5 – 157 or higher: Catastrophic damage will occur: A high percentage of framed homes will be destroyed, with total roof failure and wall collapse. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last for weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.

#14019 jetophile, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  20. GordonGecko

Michael makes landfall at 155, just a couple mph shy of Cat 5