Explanations - Denver Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Seems only fair. Excuses threads for terrible losses so why not an inverse thread explaining how we could look so dominant against a formidable opponent. Bowles taking over at DC certainly helped. Dennison's unit finally showed up to play and helped our FQB tremendously. Boyer's ST's has been nothing short of a revelation as they were arguably the worst unit on the team last season..

2018 is just full of mysteries so far.. :)

#1 Cman68, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Explanation: Denver sucks.

=========================

Premise: Jets cannot beat good teams.

Result: Jets beat Denver

Conclusion: Thus Denver sucks.

Ralebird, sozopol, twown and 16 others like this.
  3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Denver has lost 9 of last 10 road games. Jets were ready to roll. Darnold was impressive, but he isn't going to get away with the way he played against teams every week. It is amazing how Denver had the Chiefs on the ropes at home, and couldn't even compete with the Jets.

NY Jets68 and stinkyB like this.
  4. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

How about Detroit, do they suck too? After all the beat the Patriots and Packers.

How come the Chiefs didn't roll the Broncos like the Jets?

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Denver has one of the worst coaching staffs in the league, glad to see our coaching staff take advantage of that. Jets are still wildly inconsistent in the execution department, they beat the Lions who have beaten both the Packers and Patriots. If the offense didn't dick around, they would've won the Dolphins game.

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The Jets coaches are as inconsistent as the players, leading us to play great or terrible with not much in between. Too many missed assignments and perhaps too complex of a defense at times lead us to playing slow or blowing assignments. Offensively we have a rookie QB and a very hot and cold O-line that has played well at times and terrible at others. We have some talent, but I don't know if we have the people in place to make it all work together on a consistent basis.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The transitive property does not work in the NFL. Too many variables to draw solid conclusions from one teams results versus others.

HomeoftheJets and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

We got substantially better QB play in the two games we won. We have a rookie QB. The running game protected him. Teams that get good QB play win games in the NFL. By making the decision to start Darnold and Trade TB we sacrificed wins this year to develop good QB play sooner.

This isn't that complicated. It's a passing league. Sam has been inconsistent and so has the team.

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I agree, but I believe this Jets team can beat anyone at home when they bring their A game. That includes the Patriots. I want a 7-1 to 6-2 record at home. No more excuses.

Mr mittens likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Thank god Denver didn't have this animal under center....game wouldn't have been close ;)

[​IMG]

Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Agreed to a point.... but when your team is getting owned by Blake Bortles, I'm placing blame somewhere other than the rookie QB

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

It’s called being balanced, Bates adjustments were very good in the Denver game, went with multiple TE formations and used that to establish the run.

Not many empty sets in Denver game, maybe they realize the oline is not good enough to pass protect without some help.

The running game is a young QBs best friend, no need to put everything on Darnolds shoulders 5 games into his career.

Bates also made Anderson a priority in this weeks game plan, as we could see it worked out well.

Denver’s QB is not good either, with a better QB they are probably in the game, once they became one dimensional it was easy for jets to focus on forcing Keenum to make mistakes.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

God, I suck at sarcasm, don't I?

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Don't feel bad, I thought it was pretty obvious.

Cidusii likes this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Did you know that Bortles had a passer rating of 111 and threw for 376 yards and 4 TD's against the Pats this year?

16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what I think after pondering this a bit. I think its easier to make excuses than explainations.

I think this Jets/Broncos game is just a crazy deal and there really is no explaining it. Simple as that honestly. I bet if these teams played each other every weekend for the next two years you might never get an outcome like that ever again. For whatever reason multiple long runs broke open and every bomb Darnold threw ended up connecting.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its how the NFL is. What a team did last week has nothing to do with this week. If it did, I would be rich. Most times its the opposite of what's obvious, that's how I usually bet games. Denver on a short week, tough MNF loss and the Jets were due for a good game after 3 pretty bad efforts. Besides, its the Jets. It would be easier if they just sucked all the time, but just when we bury them, they play good and give us hope. Its the jets tease. I can't see us laying an egg this week though. I hope they learned there lesson.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Our last big win was immediately followed by a home stand against the Dolphins who figured the Jets out nicely in that 12-20 loss

Will Indy figure out how to stop the revitalized O we have now?

Maybe....At 1-4 Indy is also a bad team

Going forward after Indy there are no cup cakes on the sched, which is filled with tough divisional games (NE Buff Miami) and playoff hopefuls (Titans Texans GB Chicago Minn). So to me these games will be the big reveal concerning how well the team does against better coached, better prepared , better talented and better motivated teams for the most part

Peebag, Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I liked your post...but let me also say this ..over the last 3 years or more if you correlated the Spread Record vs a Teams Actual records you would find the cream will rise to the top. For example, blindly keep betting the Rams Saints Chiefs and Patriots for the next 11 games I am sure you will have a lot more winners than losers imo

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Indy sucks, another win for us, in fact we should have a winning season, as most of our opponents suck. I like your sarcastic premise. It works for me.