Crowell < Banana Peels

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

His "idiotic" move got him a penalty that did ZERO damage, a $13k tiny ass fine, and a new endorsement from a company partially owned by Mark Cuban which is now adding more money to his bank account.

I'd say the move was well worth it

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

More likely will rectumfy this issue

3. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene was way better. His runs against the Chargers in 09 and the Pats in ‘10 were back breakers. And they were much longer than 3 yards. Both runs got us into the AFCCG.

The lines were much better those years, but Greene was underrated.

FJF and Royal Tee like this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Jets should fine him for wearing a Jets shirt in the advertisement. The amount should be whatever he made from the endorsement deal.

5. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

They should just cut him. Send a message, team first or hit the road. Won’t be missed anyway.

6. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately.we are the joke.:(:p:D

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Isaiah Crapwell, spokesman for Dude Wipes.

Yea, he’s not worth keeping around. Flush the toilet, Bowles.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Unless his actions violates a clause in his contract...

Whatever...this Crowell is a dumb fuck and the Jets are dumb fucks for playing him.

Dumb fucks like him affects the team in ways that may be hard to define, but it most certainly does.

As a lifelong, die hard fan...it makes me feel a like a dumb fuck for supporting the NY Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Falco21

No, it does not violate anything in a players contract.

If his action of wiping his ass with a ball makes you feel like a "dumb fuck" and you are a long time Jets fan, as you claimed, you need to re-evaluate your feelings. There have been many, many, events throughout recent history of this franchise that have made me feel like more of a "dumb fuck" than a player celebrating a TD.

And his actions hurt this team? Please, tell me how? His penalty had ZERO effect on the outcome of the game. No one is still talking about this shit except this forum. I'd love to her the logic behind a player celebrating a TD in a dumb way hurting the franchise?

This has been going on in the NFL for years. This isn't anything new

10. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

This is reminiscent of the 1964 Yankees. It was late in the season, and they were playing badly. They had just been swept in a series with the White Sox, and on the bus to the airport, reserve infielder Phil Linz started playing his harmonica loudly and badly. Manager Yogi Berra told him to cut it out, but Linz ignored him, and a physical confrontation ensued. The press made a big deal out of it, claiming it showed that Yogi had lost his team.

After this incident, Linz got a sweet deal to endorse Hohner harmonicas, but Yogi lost his job at the end of the season. No one made a big deal out of Linz's endorsement deal. In fact, most saw it as sort of funny.

#30 Since1969, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As long as you're alright with it, enjoy yourself.

Can't wait to see the next celebration routine he comes up with.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Greene was a walking pile of dog shit who couldnt play more than 10 snaps without getting hurt. My granmother could have ran the ball for 6 per carry behind out oline in 09/10. Greene is a perfect example of Crowell. good for 2-3 ypc without an exceptional oline.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

In fact there are very specific restrictions on using official NFL material in advertisements, with the league protecting its intellectual property quite vociferously, and I have a strong hunch that the league is not interested in having their name attached to "Dude Wipes." He absolutely cannot be wearing Jets gear in any official advertising capacity for this company without their permission. If this is an official ad, I wouldn't be surprised if they get a cease-and-desist letter from the NFL claiming deceptive practices in copyright infringement (that viewers might think that the NFL endorses those wipes). And before we congratulate him for his business acumen, don't we need to know how much they're actually paying him?

As to his "celebration" itself, I'm going to just go along with his mother:

14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Wow.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If we were 3-1 no one would care

Boomboom and Falco21 like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

But but but this is 2018 the age of the mortified and offended :)

Ah, 1964 an age way before I was born :D

FJF likes this.
  17. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I thought it was hilarious when he wiped his ass with the FB then launched it into the stands! He should of gotten a 15 yard positive penalty for creativity! I'm still laughing at that TD celebration.

Falco21 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You cannot say the bolded. You have no idea whether it affected the outcome or not. Just because there was no immediate change doesn't mean that it didn't help change the momentum and cause Trumaine Johnson to lose focus or think it was OK for him to then shove the ball in the receivers' gut. Together, I believe that they helped shift the momentum to the Browns.

HomeoftheJets and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Are you sure this was 1964? Didn't the Yankees go to the World Series and play the Cardinals in 1964 (yes)? So the Yankees must not have been playing too badly.

20. Falco21

If you want to believe that Crowells wiping of the ass caused Trumain Johnson to then feel emboldened to cause another unsportsmanlike penalty, than that's up to you.

Crowells penalty had ZERO effect on the game. I can say that as a fact, because it is a fact. The penalty was on a TD celebration. If you want to say it "maybe" impacted another players later penalty, that is pure conjecture, and not a fact.