We play at home next 3 games. What happens if we go 0-3?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I predicted him to be axed bye week last year and was ragged about it as recently as a month ago. Those voices have been eerily quiet recently.

2. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

This site needs a countdown timer for Black Monday.

"92 sleeps to go"

Jets_Grinch, CBG and Zach like this.
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Bowles can't get the fuck out fast enough. Another home stretch of 0-3 won't kick him out though.

I might change my signature back to my old one.

Just
    End
    The
    Season!

4. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

For an organization that fired Pete Carroll after a single season, it's mind-blowing that Todd has gotten 4 years minimum. I find it hard to see him surviving to coach a 5th if this debacle continues through this season. Based on what he's shown thus far, I cannot see him turning this thing around enough to save his job...

ColoradoContrails and FlaJet like this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

0-3 Bowles is gone. 1-2, he hangs on from week-to-week. If lose the first two games of this home stretch, I sure as hell will be there for the Vikings game with my paperbag on my head.

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

the better question is what if we win all 3 or 2 of 3? honestly that would be worse. takes heat off the leagues worst coach/staff and players who are playing like dog shit

ColoradoContrails and Centiment like this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m guessing they’re going to be buying big green tarps to cover the upper deck the rest of the way like the Raiders did yesterday.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

#48 Rollo Tomassi, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  9. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Truth, good news is the O-line are such a shambles 2 or 3 wins ain't happening

10. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

The only thing that keeps me interested in the Jets this year is watching Sam Darnold play out the next three quarters of his rookie season. Hopefully, Darnold comes out of this season healthy, wiser, and poised to take a big step forward in year two with the next head coach.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Chris Johnson may have extended Blowes and Macc, but you have to think he did this with Woody's blessing and certainly not in a vacuum. I wonder if he has the authority or the balls to start over and overhaul the structure of the franchise with a VPFO hiring. I think Chris is just trying to be one of the boys and taking the safe steps not making waves. Knowing how this team hates to admit mistakes, I can actually see both Macc and Blowes working out their contracts and Chris coming up with some lame ass excuse like "continuity" or he thinks they need more time as if 4 years of this shit isn't enough. Records don't matter, but appearances do and as long as the Jets and their leadership "appear" to be making progress, Chris Johnson will maintain the status quo. He's aleady given a pass to these clowns for this season with the "no playoff mandate". What makes anyone think that pass doesn't extend to the end of their extensions???

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Next 3 games..I'll likely be doing this the rest of the season..

[​IMG]

#52 FlaJet, Oct 1, 2018
    PennyRoyal10 and NYGANGGREEN like this.
  13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'll be in attendance for the Colts game (friend's bday, he has 20+ group tix). The day itself should be fun, but the game....

14. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

To answer Brooks question, both Mac and Bowles will be fired if the Jets are bad and boring to go with a 1-6 record.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Get ready for billboards to go up.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

The Jets have an interesting upcoming schedule.

Broncos - destroyed the Jets last year, 11th ranked overall in yards allowed, 2 young up and coming QBs.
    Colts - battle of present vs future. Luck and Darnold. Indy ranked 19th against pass so far, potential Darnold breakout game.
    Vikings - could very well be 1-4-1 when they face the Jets, grudge match against Cousins, 23rd against the pass.

I'm thinking 1-2. All 3 games could go either way. 1:00 games on the east coast is tough for WC teams, that's the one thing preventing me from assuming Denver loss. I doubt they lose all 3 games, but it would put them in good position for Bosa.

#56 Sam Hammer, Oct 1, 2018
  17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

LOL

Bowles' charisma.

18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Not true
    Fans may want Bowles fired, but who can you replace him with in-season? Months of preparation go in to an NFL season, so the only true option would be to promote from within, and if the Jets look to do that, the clear choice would be wide receivers coach Karl Dorrell.

Dorrell has five years of head coaching experience at the collegiate level at UCLA where he went 35-27 over five seasons. Dorrell is also from the offensive side of the ball and has experience as both a quarterbacks coach (Miami and Houston) as well as calling plays at the college level with Colorado, Washington and Vanderbilt, where he was the offensive coordinator before joining Todd Bowles’ staff several years ago.

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Now to answer your question. His renewal was based on the team showing progress... everyone seems to be missing that point. This team is not progressing and he even admitted yesterday they regressed. I am not sure CJ has the balls to fire him mid season - he should esp. if we go 0-3 and record is 1-6.

The scenario I see is that the team doesn't get better and I based that on this CS inability to get these guys to play better. The lion game was an aberration, yesterday's game was and is a "perfect" example of the ineptitude that will get this HC and CS fired.

I also believe they need a VPOFO and get rid of this ridiculous reporting scheme...