Lets Not Boo this Team When They Come Out Next Weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I am as emotional as anybody right now, but I think it will be really counterproductive to this when they come out of the tunnel next week. For one, they are finally playing a home game after 3 absolutely brutal road games so lets show them some love at least for the beginning of the game. If they stink up the first half then boo them all you want. I just think we should allow them a chance to answer in their own building thats all.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This thread is ass.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Should probably post this on Broncos forums because the seats will be filled with Broncos fans.

The Jets fanbase is already gearing up for the 2019 draft.

At any rate, I’m sure there will be plenty of booing going around.

5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They should be booed right out of the gate. Someone has to tell the players how poorly they're playing, since Bowles doesn't seem to want to hold anyone accountable.

NYJetsO12, NCJetsfan and Ralebird like this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I don't even know if I will watch the game , that said can they hear me BOO thru my TV ? I am sure that the oceans of Broncos fans that will be in attendance next week will boo

sec314 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Maybe you'd also like to have a little ceremony before the game to award them "Certificates of Participation" for the first quarter of the season?

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I knew I’d get these responses. If you are already giving up on the team in week 5 then don’t go to the game. What a garbage fan base.

stinkyB and Mogriffjr like this.
  9. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

You would boo your own team????? Wow.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Give Jets fans a little more credit. No one is going to boo the team as they run onto the field. The players themselves need to give the fans something to cheer about after kickoff though. If they play like they have the last 3 weeks: they will be booed and rightfully so. Fans want to see Sam and are still excited to see some of the young players, so expect optimism and energy early. Hopefully the players feed off of it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Ralebird

It's called reality. This is not simply rah, rah, the old college spirit - this is a business. If you get a crappy meal in a restaurant do you send compliments to the chef simply because the place is in your home town? When you take your car in for repairs and they not only don't fix the problem but put a dent in the door, crack a window and leave grease all over the interior do you put great compliments on their website?

If the team lacks discipline, makes bonehead errors and puts in little or no effort why would you not boo them? What bizarre world do you come from where supporting poor preparation and lackadaisical effort is appropriate?

NYGANGGREEN, Jets81, JDeacon and 2 others like this.
  12. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Strawman argument, Jesus ....and who said anything about acting "rah rah" about a poor performance? Booing your own team, college or pro makes you look like a jackass, or worse, an Eagles fan. No wonder players feel more fondly about the college game and the fans, even though they're putting it out there for free.

But you're right, it is strictly busines, makes it easier for players to get the hell out of there as soon as their contract is up.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I can't speak for other fans but I will only boo someone on the Jets if I feel they don't deserve respect. Darnold can throw 3 picks and I won't boo him, but if I was at the Cleveland game I'd boo the hell out of Isaiah Crowell and Trumaine Johnson.

14. Ralebird

You may be in La La Land where everything is make believe but reality is not a strawman anywhere. This is the real world where real fans understand the game and the business of football. If fans are expected and willing to cheer a team when the players and coaches put in the effort to succeed why should they not be booed when they don't? You can take your Hollywood scenario of fondness for amateur football and add in the reality that the players are simply using it as the minor leagues to get where they can make money off the game, regardless of where they go for their next paycheck.

Your boy is not doing well - it's not the end of the world; knowledgeable fans never expected him to kill it anyway in his first year with a lousy line and non-existent coaching. He'll get cheered when he operates at a professional level, mistakes will be made and forgiven but if he's unprepared, repeats errors and lacks effort he may get booed. Why shouldn't he?

NYGANGGREEN and Jets81 like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is New York girl! We boo anybody if they deserve it. Home team, visiting team, Refs, anybody. We're not as bad as Philly used to be. They boo'd Santa Claus and I think hit him with ice balls back when they played at the Vet. :)

NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  16. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Not boo? This team has had 50 years to get it right.
    F that.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The college game is big business as well, but here’s the difference: Colleges get a massive influx of new, young fans every single year. They have a stadium full of fans that have probably only followed the team for a few years since coming to their respective school. Yet even at their early age and in the midst of what might be some of the best times of their lives, they get incredibly dejected when they lose. You can often see them stunned and crying in the stands.

Now, take that one moment, add in Bill Murray and Pawxatawny Phil, and you have a lifetime of Jets fandom.

We don’t cry. We boo. And we’ve earned the goddamn right. This franchise has been an unmitigated disaster for way to long. Unfortunately, our loyalty to the uniform makes it too tough to walk away. Fans of other teams say we wear our badge of ineptitude with pride, but what choice do we have?

So do us all a favor. Take your sanctimonious bull shit and stick it where the sun don’t shine. With or without the protection of your Trojan brand latex fandom.

#17 Jets81, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    NYJetsO12, FJF, Harpua and 3 others like this.
  18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It depends. If I'm bringing my car in for repairs and it's a competition between the mechanic and the car problem and the car problem wins, I might give credit to the car for winning and forgive my mechanic for the personal foul of denting my door in frustration. The window crack and grease in the interior seems excessive and I might suspend my mechanic for at least 2 to 4 repairs.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

First of all, a professional football team shouldnot need the fans to cheer for them to be ready to play a football team. Secondly, we cheered when they came out of the tunnel against the dolphins. How did that go? Thirdly, the best thing to do is STAY HOME!!! Its the only way our idiot owners are ever going to replace the GM and coach. And lastly, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You have this all wrong. Cheering is intended to encourage your team to play well. Booing your team is encouraging them not to suck. They are both part of the fans positively impacting their team.
    Very 12th manish.