Is the season over?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 21, 2018.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This has to be the best post I've read LA!!!!!!

Your insight is spot on

THE JOHNSONS SUCK at Football decisions...if anyone does NOT realize that by now you are not a fan

FACT: We have a BELOW AVERAGE HC and GM...so why keep them?? All that's produced are Vanilla offenses and Defenses plus BAD coaching...

I have the same fears that if the Team and Sam muddle along with some UNEXPECTED wins the schmoe owners will continue this regime...NOT SMART...as I've posted before THE OWNERS se a profit from the Jets due to the fans blind allegiance...THEY CON US AS MUCH AS BOWLES AND KACY HAVe

This morning the comments on the Bleacher Report in response to a hot seat for Bowles was 75% of the rest of America believes Mac and Toilet should go

Cleveland NEVER agave up after 10 s of HC GM changes...NOW they are finally buffed

LAJet likes this.
  2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

The way I look at it, is one game at a time. Yes the Lost to the Browns still stings. Moving on to Jacksonville. Jax is one of the best D team in NFL. Going to be part of the growing pains with Darnold but a good exposure early in the season. Our Defense has to be sharp. Can not predict NFL these days. One game at a time focus on Jax and compete and come out with a Win. Sounds like I am a fool thinking for a win but not going to predict season is over as few said 3 games in particularly we played 3 games in 11 days. Pretty harsh.

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Season over? The Jets are in 2nd place in the division!

NY Jets68, Falco21 and FJF like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think Harbaugh if offered the position of President of Football Ops would take on the challenge AND be successful in a shorter time span than the 4+years afforded Mac & Bowles. The only issue I see is the Johnsons not wanting to step back and let a football guy call all the shots.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Johnson’s have a sub .500 regular season record since taking over, but it’s because the bad seasons have been really bad.

9 winning seasons, 7 losing seasons, and 2 .500 seasons.

They’re 6-6 in the playoffs, getting us as close as we’ve ever been since we won it all.

They’ve honestly been the epitome of “middle of the road”.

I’m not completely sold that they’re beyond repair as owners. When they made they’re own hiring decisions they landed coaches who won but not consistently.

Bowles is the same scenario, only the other coaches all managed at least one playoff appearance. I don’t see that happening for him, which would make him the worst coach (from both a playoff and win percentage perspective) who had more than one season since Richie Kotite, and one of the worst multiple season coaches we’ve ever had.

#45 Jets81, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You are right, and therein lies the challenge for us. Coughlin IMO has transformed the Jags into a force to reckon with, after many years of a being nothing but a door mat. Harbaugh could do the same. The role of a good leader/owner is to provide the environment and make a knowledgeable head of football ops accountable for execution. mingling in the details is for loosing organizations. See GB, Pats, and now the Rams.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks, see my response to Cman, owners provide the environment and the vision, head of football ops provides the strategy and execution to get us there. One is focused on the business of making the Jets successful financially, the other focuses on the business of winning. Can mix the two very often a la Jerry Jones.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

RobA:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

To answer the question:

NO the season is not over, the Rookie QB can progress as the season goes on, also if we did beat the Jaguars this week, I GUARANTEE you the same posters who are doom and gloom right now, will be believing we could go 3-0 on our homestand and get to 5-2.

Heck even if we lost to Jacksonville, I would still say the chances of beating the Broncos-Colts-Vikings isnt that extreme. It just depends if our team can play cleaner and smarter or not. I do not believe we are lacking overall talent like we did a few years ago or like in 2012, I think this team has play maker on it.

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Beating Jacksonville is a real tall order when you consider they're coming off laying an egg against the Titans. Let down after their triumph over NE. Can't see them falling to 2-2. They'll crush us. We won't be able to move the ball a damn inch against their D and this will be a huge test for Darnold. Won't be pretty

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. ChrebetJet80

ChrebetJet80 New Member

Harbaugh can’t win big games at Michigan, how is he supposed to be the next savior? Can’t even get past Urban Meyer or Brian Kelly...

12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

College ain't the pros. Some guys are just better pro coaches than college coaches. Or vice versa

Harbaugh has proven he can coach in the pros. 44-19-1.

stinkyB and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Bingo on the OL--Macagnan thinks it can be built with retreads and has spoken out on that

14. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Even now he’d provide more passion and fire than Bowles

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Jet rebuild process.jpg

Jet rebuild process since 1969..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think if the Jets are 1-6 after Minny the season is over and so should Bowles tenure as a coach. The team morale would be toast also. A sad start to the Darnold era.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. boozer32

If they can't get through the next few games with some wins, then all we can look for is Darnold progression.

18. boozer32

Every year under Bowles and Macc. To have a job without any production is amazing. Good work if you can get it.

tomdeb likes this.
  19. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I cannot believe the Johnsons would pay so much to buy the jets, and then tolerate an incompetent GM and coach. It seems like EVERY year is the beginning of 2-3 year rebuild to give the coaches and GM "some time."

boozer32 likes this.
  20. NYGANGGREEN

NYGANGGREEN Well-Known Member

Season is over and hopefully once we are 2--5 or 1-6 this guy is finally shown the doors. I honestly don't see us being any better than one of those two records at best we might beat Indy.

21. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Never ever, for one minute, thought we are a playoff team so going 1-3 does not change my mind about this season or team. We are what we are, we have some good young talent and lots of holes that can't be disguised over a full season. I am at that point I will hope Sam progresses but we win 4 games and Johnson has to let Bowles go. In my mind, if and when we acquire more talent, no matter good we become, in the end Todd Bowles will blow it at a critical point or moment in the season. Guys like, Chuck Knox, Marty Schotenheimer, those conservative defensive guys, never win the big game because they coach not to lose. I have been thinking like this since the 2015 buff game but every once in a while I forgot and become hopeful. But the last 2 game once again reminded me of the obvious. Todd Bowles is a loser