Todd Bowles taking back some defensive playcalling duties

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Sep 25, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We know for a fact that Bowles told Morton what to do last year, and fired him because he didn't like the way he ran the offense. If that isn't controlling it, I don't know what the fuck is.

boozer32 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Bowels have no offensive system genius. Remember he's a defensive coach like everyone keeps posting yet he forces "his" system on OC's. Let me know where you got your info on his input on the exact draft picks made? You cant change from 34 to 43 at the end of a season. Also, who is undersized at the linebacker position outside of Lee? Who by the way is having a great season so far? Also, no one calls us a multiple defenses outside of the front 3 which to anyone with commonsense means they can play any spot on the dline not that they are pass rushing ends. You can call it juvenile or wtf ever you want but these posts are idiotic. You put a pass rusher at the olb position and stop with this stupid cover 0-1 and this defense is a totally different story. Im no Bowles homer im not a fan but untill we fill talent needs claiming the HC is the reason this team fails is fucking idotic/retarded/stupid/moronic and idc if you feel like its childish to say so.

3. JdotGriff

Show me this proof of you knowing for a fact? I must have missed it

4. JdotGriff

you swap to 43 and who is on the roster linebacker wise that can stay at the end of 2016? and nope if these people can post this idoitic shit then im posting drunk all night

Also you must not have seen my posts over the last 7 years cause ive always been civil but the level of stupidity form psters this last two years is over board so yeah fuck their feelings.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Just a tip: Drink less; think more.

6. JdotGriff

Least i can blame it on drinking tonight. Your post was stupid and sober. Please tell me how this team converts to 43 in 16 with out being in worse or or same shape it currently is. Ims eriouslly interested in this

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

No, you're not serious about knowing how or why, you're just looking for a fight. Not into it. Have another round.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. JdotGriff

I already know the answer i just want you to support what you said with actually reason not just hey we should have went to a 43 base in 16 when we had the chance i just want you to explain how the hellw e accomplish this without being int he same position we are now

9. JdotGriff

10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Well, I say Maccagnan goes to. Clean house. How many different ways do people have to spell it out for you. Only the Jets can have a GM/Coach search and fail on both of them. Law of averages would have you think they would hit on one.

11. JdotGriff

How many times do we have to do that before you realize it doesn't fix the issue. You think its bowles offense and replacing OC will just be muffled by Bowles Please show me the OC that said he was held back by Bowles?

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Todd Bowles should be DC and the Jets need to land an offensive minded HC. You gotta have a Bill Walsh type character to develop Darnold to his fullest potential. Now, the tough part is finding this new breed of genius.

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It was all over the media with quotes from Bowles. You were probably drunk and passed out.

14. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

How did Bowles fire Morton (McCown had a career year) but we are on our 4th season of watching a Kacy Rodgers defense? Let that sink in, 4 years of this garbage.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Bates? Why Bates? What has Bates shown last year or this year that could be viewed as a positive? I'm still trying to figure out what his qualifications were to get hired in the beginning and since he's been here he has shown nothing.

16. Ralebird

Why was Bates?

Why was Bowles?

17. Ralebird

I see this as a recipe to burn timeouts on defense instead of just on offense.

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd have to watch the game again to be sure (not sure if I can bring myself to do that) but that's exactly what I saw. I remember thinking, we're making it easy for him. Mayfield had some huge windows to throw into, windows that just hadn't been there for most of the game up until that point, aside from a few breakdowns. It was a noticeable shift in defensive philosophy, yet Bowles has claimed the gameplan did not change when Mayfield came in. It looked like it changed to me.

19. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

How the hell do you take over *some* defensive playcalls?

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Me too, although it may be as @FJF said earlier that it was just Baker getting the ball out much quicker that made it look like we backed off. The plan made sense for a risk averse Taylor who holds the ball longer and is confident in his ability to make plays with his feet when he can't find a wide open receiver. It makes a lot less sense against a rookie who was known for quick, accurate passing in college. It just seemed to me it was way too easy for Baker.