Jets Reach Out for Le'Veon Bell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

All the more reason to make the deal ... both sides would be happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

true but it would be a sign and trade thing and bell IS going to sign his tag no later then week 10 regardless. whatever team makes the deal will have to get an ok by bell that he will sign a deal after this season with them most likely. of course he could still go back on it but that seems like it wouldn't happen. Also if his long term plan is to not be worn out, coming to a team with 2 RBs splitting time already seems like a smart move. Crowell is here for the next few years, it won't be just bell like Pitt used him

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

With Bates' offensive gameplan, it's kind of doubtful. Powell and Crowell are actually decent pass catching backs but since Bates and Bowles are scared of intermediate and deep passing, opposing defenses can just play shallow and stuff everything.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No one can sign him till next year. He is under the franchise tag no matter what. Thus the big risk.

5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So basically you are willing to risk a draft pick on Bell saying, "OK I'll sign another deal after the season". How did you come to the conclusion that he wouldn't go back on that?

Crowell can be cut with no cap hit after this season and if he keeps up with his antics he is probably gone.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Can we sign their WR scouting group instead?

Red Menace, NYJetsO12, Brook! and 2 others like this.
  7. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

If the jets gave up a 3rd it could work. They would likely need to pay him more than the franchise tag to have him show up.

If he walks at the end of the year, the jets would likely get the conditional pick if he walks.

There is also a 3rd tag option at the qb tender. They could offer tag while they negotiate.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We have 100mil to spend next season. We aren’t getting comp picks

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, if he trades our 1st round pick in 2019 plus more for Bell, I'll want Mac fired anyway, but it won't matter, because my days as a Jets fan will be over until Mac and Bowles are gone at a minimum, and maybe until the Johnsons sell the team. I'm just sick of the stupid around the Jets.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

it's a risk for sure but for the chance to land a talent like bell with a basically "free" 3rd round pick we have i cna't see why not. it's an extra pick and the chances of us landing a starter is under 50% let alone someone of bells talent

11. GasedAndConfused

which is why we need to throw deep even if we don't complete it, the threat needs to be there

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And I'd rather gain no yards with an incomplete deep pass, than lose yards on a very predictable bubble screen.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This isn’t the first time you’ve given the Jets an ultimatum that you aren’t prepared to follow through on.

They apparently know more about accountability than you think.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Bell has another three good seasons, maybe four tops. With no offensive line and an undeveloped QB and an unproven defense, what is the point of obtaining Bell, regardless of price? Even if this team somehow magically figures out how to get it together in a few seasons, Bell will be pretty much be finished by then. Besides, I can't see Bell having any interest in coming to the Jets and pretty much destroying what remains of his career. As we have seen in the past, playing for the Jets in your prime is pretty much career suicide.

Bell needs to go to a legitimate Super Bowl contender, as that is the only good fit for him at this point. Jets GM is wasting his time for even inquiring about him. Probably some BS public relations move to give off the impression that this team is serious about winning. Long time Jets fans have seen this nonsense before too many times and it certainly reeks of desperation.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

So you’re suggesting we tamper/skirt the rules? Cut a deal under the table? Like the Patriots?

And if he gets hurt, and we decide not to sign him does he go to the league office and throw us under the bus?

Going to love forfeiting some draft picks.

Or maybe he plays lights out and looks for an even better deal.

This is a 100% risky trade which is why we can’t give up much, even for such a great player.

#75 Rollo Tomassi, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Red Menace, NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Bingo. Been listening to Steelers fans thinking they could get back a probowl type player AND picks or even a 1st rounder. No shot whatsoever. They are delusional.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't like Bell or want him on the Jets, but if he started scoring Touchdowns for the Jets and gave Darnold a new weapon making the game easier for him, I guess I would not complain. Similar to Revis, as @jonnyd said.

However, it is Week 4. How close to game-shape is he? We don't know. Also, if he can't be extended like some have said, it is a big gamble on the Jets part. On the other hand: I haven't seen Bell wipe his ass with a football and throw it into the crowd.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Not for potentially a 7 game rental. Regardless of how talented he is.

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I wouldn't offer more than a third. Most definitely doesn't get it done for Pitt, but that's my offer.

20. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Saw on Instagram someone suggest Adams and a second lol. We don't even have a second.

K'OB likes this.