Observations Of sucessful teams around the NFL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GasedAndConfused, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Chris ought to summon Bowles and Bates into his office, show them this and say "You're fired!"

2. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

The Chiefs are basically running an Air Raid college offense with Mahomes and the Rams with McVay have been masterful with how they run their offense and the way they have developed Goff

It’s no coincidence that both of these teams are head and shoulders above the rest of the NFL right now

They both put extreme pressure on opposing defenses and dont let their foot off the gas until the end

The Eagles last season were very similar in terms of innovation and running the RPO to perfection

The Jets offense is so basic, vanilla, blah........I don’t accept that our O-line and a rookie QB can’t handle it. A better scheme, philosophy, and offensive design with some actual creativity and aggression will HELP them, not hurt regardless

We need a sharp offensive mind running this team ASAP

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Someone still hasn't gotten the memo that the NFL is a passing league. :eek:

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Amazingly both teams are loaded with talent. The Chiefs still can't stop a nose bleed. The Rams have gone all in on the next two years and than will be purging cap space. They have an amazingly talented team. So far they have had the best players at almost every position in the 3 games they have played. Hard to tell how good the coaching is yet. The Rams managed to lose a playoff game at home against a good not great Atlanta team last year. They went all in on a Free agent blitz this offseason. They are loaded. Based on talent they should be a slam dunk to win the SB. We shall see how good the coaching is once they get their home playoff game.

Andy Reid is a very good coach. Last year the Chiefs looked like the best team in football for about half the season. The performance in the playoffs at home against a very mediocre Titans team was unforgivably bad.

It's early in the season. Tape and adjustments. We shall see...

stinkyB likes this.
  5. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The only problem is you need multiple weapons and disciplined players to run a creative offense and take risks. The Jets don't even have one consistent weapon on the offense. As for their level of discipline, well, that is pretty much a no-brainer.

6. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

They showed this on Jets Post Game, Ray Lucas was dumbfounded.

7. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’m just speaking offensively.....no one can really slow down either of them yet and there are other teams with very good offensive personnel that don’t look this good

You obviously need talent above all else but offensive coaching is a huge factor especially with the way penalties are geared towards taking shots and being aggressive

I’m hoping it’s just the Jets being overly cautious with a rookie QB playing 3 games in 11 days, because our offense is just not on par with the majority of other offenses around the NFL

playtowinthegame likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They should given that Goff is gonna get paid soon. Stack the roster while he's on his rookie contract. And I believe Mahomes is the real deal. Can't teach that arm strength.

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

We are running the Shanahan offense... the problem is we are doing it with out Elway, Davis, and that offensive line. It’s not as if it does not work, but why we are bringing out is a shell of the talent it needs to be productive. For an offense that is deeper at WR than TE we sure run a lot of 3 TE sets. ... square pegs and round holes

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

No doubt about the Rams. They are also going into the most expensive new stadium in the USA. The Stadium is going to cost over run close to 4 billion. The Rams are planning on 100K seat licensing for the top tier seats. Chargers will be considerable lower around 75K. It's a massive stadium. They want to pre-sell the PSL's now. They can afford to purge after the stadium is pre-sold out.

That's pretty much why Manginious was fired and Rex brought in along with loading up our roster before the new stadium opened.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  11. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

That is what I remember as the reason that Morton was let go. Bowles obviously thought the one mind was better than two. This remains to be seen.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Fins Did the same against the Jets

They outcoached and outschemed us

Gotta give Gase credit

13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I seem to recall it was not that we passed too much in total, but that we did in certain situations - three straight incomplete passes from the one yard line for instance. Bowles wanted Morton to run more in certain situations which he didn't do. There was another situation later in the season where Morton ran 3 straight times in a similar position. Equally bad calls and it was almost as if Morton was trying to make a point on the serious. That's why he was canned, probably correctly.

14. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with running if it works. There is nothing wrong with running the same exact pay again if it works. If you run the ball 8 times in a row and it works, then nothing wrong with it. The same could be said about passing. I never understood why folks always judge OC by the variety of their play calling.

To me its the results that matter not how much you fool a defense. If an offense is able to dictate their will even when the defense knows what is coming, this means the OC was smart enough to attack a weakness and capitalize on it.

You can't expect Darnold in this point in his career to be throwing the ball over 30 times a game. Also before you insult Bates, how many players on the offense are game breakers like a Randy Moss? The offense will probably be very vanilla until Darnold and the rest of the players learn the offense. If by the end of the season the offense looks the same, then you have a very valid point. But in the meantime be patient grasshopper.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IF it works. the problem is you can't run on 1st and 2nd down and then be in 3rd and 8-12 yards every time and expect your rookie QB to keep converting them. You need positive yardage. even if we ran 1st and 2nd down every time and wound up with 3rd and 3-4 yards i'd be fine with it. The problem is it isn't working and digging us a deep hole early in games.

and yes i can expect darnold to throw 30 times a game. that's not much at all. hell he's thrown an average of 33 times a game so far in the 1st 3 games. You cna't have your QB protected to where you are throwing only 15-20 times a game. your not going to win that way of ball control and defense. not in todays NFL. You also don't need randy moss either. do the fins have randy moss? no they have grant, parker, wilson all role player type WRs and they are making plays for them and they are 3-0. Our playcalling has been way to vanilla and defenses are ahead of us not due to talent but do to play calling.

Now mind you i'm not the "lynch all the coaches" type. I'm patient. bates has been out of football for a few years. there are 13 games left. we have a rookie QB and a bad o-line. I'll give him a pass for now but by next year if the offense is still this ugly he'll need to be replaced and honestly if the jets don't make the playoffs in 2019 it's time to change the whole CS.

Patriot likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell us any part of the Jets that has looked even competent under Bowles. I mean offense, defense and special teams all underperform. Then they reward this guy when he should be fired for incompetence.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Who exactly woudl have looked competent under a diff head coach. Player names and coach names that were available at the time? 123 go

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I sure would like to find out. Shumur, Harbaugh, McVay, Marrone, Glad to know you want more 5-11 seasons under Bowles

19. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

The only one on that list the Jets might have had a chance at bringing here was Marrone and even that was kinda sketchy considering how he left buff.

I want more of the 10-6 and better season like when we had guys with edge talent talent. You must think those coaches had magic bags to sprinkle fairy dust on those current rosters.

Let me know where to get what your smoking.

20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i think people way overstate what the HC is responsible for in the NFL. it's a management position not really an Xs and Os position. that's what the DC/OC is for. some HCs call plays on one side. bowles hasn't been doing that but is taking it back over now apparently. bowles has little to do with the offense. The things that are bowles fault is poor use of timeouts, players losing composure, dumb penalties. things like that. poor play calling doens't really fall on bowles

boozer32 likes this.