Robbie Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

A little bit of Stickum would ice it.

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Oh come on Kurt, his season ended when JC left the building and Petty stumbled his way through the remaining games, he would have broken 1000 for sure with Josh still in situ.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. Alright if it means that much to you give him the 1000 yards.Hes still not even the same style receiver as jackson let alone his equal.Hes no where near as consistent & isnt half the threat Jackson presents after the catch as a ball carrier.Hell Jackson can run reverses,end arounds etc..remember Anderson’s end around from week 1??

Mike Wallace would be my comparison

legler82 likes this.
  4. K'OB

It means more to me not to constantly read the slagging off of our players on a daily basis tbh, everybody seems so reactionary all of a sudden, he fumbles a couple of balls and I presume we are including the one in the endzone v Dolphins that was PI all day long.

I like Anderson and this offence atm is not being used to showcase his speed and talent, it is all dinks and short shit for now, like somebody said he has been open plenty of times but not had the ball tossed up his way, the one true time he got the bomb he took it away from the CB on an underthrown pass, the fucking weak twig eh!

BTW it wasn't me that compared him to Jackson, I just felt I had to speak up as you used his lack of 1000 yards last season as a huge dig and some kind of point prover but in reality, it was no such thing.

5. K'OB

I'll just leave this here to remind you of what he did last season when used correctly.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

for a "twig" he sure doens't go down easy and his ability to go up and get the ball in traffic and pure speed is impressive

K'OB likes this.
  7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's the fastest wide receiver the Jets have had since Santana Moss he may be faster.

8. GasedAndConfused

true. we haven't really had a burner since moss and anderson is much better at making contested catches then moss ever was

9. Well id hope youd exclude me from “slagging off” as ive been very consistent on my stance regarding robbie long before the 2 most recent losses.

I think hes a useful piece & the best pure speed threat since Santana Moss like others have alluded to.Hes still not a #1 receiver & to compare him to Randy is even more ridiculous than those slagging him & Desean Jackson isnt a more reasonable endeavor.

As far as im concerned we heard folks on here scream all off season that the WR/Skill group was loaded & all we needed as OL help. Regardless of what you think of Anderson all that seems awfully silly & reeks of homerism,wishful thinking & impatience. While i take no joy in the on field struggles Maybe this perposterous notion that all we need is OL will be rightfully discarded.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What comes to mind is the old coaching maxim: "You can't coach speed". You CAN coach ball retention and route running. Key word being "coach". If the Jets want a serious offensive weapon they need to invest time and effort into coaching him up. There is no evidence of that. If in fact they HAVE invested the necessary time and effort, but Anderson isn't doing the same, they ought to cut his playing time, and if he still doesn't show more effort/improvement, cut him entirely.

That said, he HAS proven he can do it, so the problem seems to be something beyond him, and using Occam's Law, I would point to the play calling being the problem. Again, coaching. Bowles and Bates had better step it up.

NCJetsfan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

But Moss was much tougher, could run underneath routes and was a better open-field runner.

cbman13 likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

They've tried that...to varying degrees of success.

My thinking is you want to get him behind the defense, not in front of it.

13. GasedAndConfused

i felt like that comment was a joke based on that exact play being called week 1 and failing pretty hard

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Went over my head.

He seemed so sincere.

15. GasedAndConfused

lol yeah that play stuck in my head as the only bad play week 1. IIRC it was like a 2nd or 3rd and short and we lost like 8 yards on it

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm really disappointed in our inability to push the ball down the field.

I thought the deal with Sam was his talent to make plays happen.

It seems like the playcalling has mitigated that. Leave it to the Jets to take the one thing a player is good at and snubbing it out like a cheap cigar.

17. K'OB

What it screams of his bad play calling and reigning in the arm of a rookie QB, safety first play calling from us as per usual.

Fuck me, even Allen has been allowed to throw the ball long and make plays, they made Sam the man making him number 1, let him go out and be a number 1 and throw it as and when required, like others have said opposition teams are closing down the short passing lanes as they know that is what we are hitting 99% of the time, the WR's are struggling to get open for this reason and leaving Sam nowhere to go, the OL is weak but we need to have the threat of a long throw to keep defences honest.

Apologies if you weren't slagging him off.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

that's what i figured as well but it seems like all the calls are quick safe throws or live routes for sam to access. they aren't giving him 1st reads deep at all

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

By used correctly you mean tuning the 9 route and only the nine? Because that’s his only highlight

legler82 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  20. K'OB

There was more than one route in there so stop being disingenuous but even if there was only the speed down the sideline, so what, if it works it works but the video was also to show his safe hands and the battling for the ball between CB's/Safeties, which he also seemed to manage quite fine.

#60 K'OB, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018