Robbie Anderson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cbman13, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

If Robby plays the slot he will end up on crutches or worse

Watkin, legler82 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Oh. Well.

Placing Robbie in the slot doesn't have to mean Robbie will [go over the middle and get himself killed.] They will have to find their version of Wes Welker for that. Robbie cannot play as a split end, as he cannot fight off the jam. He is useful if and only if the defender gives him a free release. So your only option of using him effectively remains in stacking the receivers or placing him in the slot, so he can run with full steam ahead at the snap.

And yes, I agree he will not survive a quarter of football if he started playing inside the slot and then running routes [in the middle section of the field.] I didn't mean that. [LOL]

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He’s gotta be the only player in NFL history that hasn’t added any bulk after being in an NFL strength program.

Can’t give up on him yet but he has certainly lost his appeal, we’ll see how the the rest of the season goes.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Hes a complimentary deep threat best fit for a #3/situational role. Thats what hes always projected as.No reason to turn him into something hes not.

This idea that we had this loaded WR group & that all we needed was an OL was silly talk.The whole offense outside of Darnold needs upgrading..surely a #1 WR near the top of list

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

our coaching staff needs to do better at using the talent we have. it's that simple. good playcallers find ways to get the ball in the hands of their talented players.

Jetsfansince2015 likes this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

If you combine the lousy play calling , the horrid play of the OL and the inconsistency of a young and learning QB, this is what you have to expect.

Why are we singling out Anderson? Who other WR's are getting thrown to regular besides Quincy? Bates is playing into the opponents D. He's not strategically making the offense play their game.

#26 BomberJet, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good post

And to be consistent with my previous argument of poor coaching misusing whatever TALENT we do have on the Jets,i think Bates needs to rewrite his playbook or get canned with the rest of the CS

Anderson is FAR from elite talent but the guy has some ability to stretch the field...why leave that out of your arsenal?

Someone should look him straight in the eye and tell him hes benched or will be if he cant hold the football

Will he listen?? Robbies other favorite uniform is the Orange Jumpsuit so the attitude has to go too

Knowing how mushy TB is with the players he wont structure Anderson..another example of an undisciplined and poorly managed team

Watkin and BomberJet like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We could always run him on an end around

Pepsiguy5, stinkyB and donkey like this.
  9. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Dude. He was actively bleeding. Let’s give him a little bit of a break.

I think it’s more on Darnold. If The 2018 Fitzmagic was here, Robby would have 3+ TD’s.

Just my opinion. With that said, anyone who threatens to nut in a cop’s wife’s eye is not someone I particularly want to root for. So if he’s gone after this year, oh well.

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Guess the question is what’s causing what.

Bad receivers/OL/rookie QB shrinking the playbook?

Crappy playbook limiting the talent?

Probably a little of both, but a few posters definitely overrated the WR’s this offseason.

Anderson’s fumbles are on nobody but himself though.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Just curious....Randy Moss was a twig too and known for his deep threat capability.. During NE's big year he caught I think 25 TD (of Brady's 50). What elst was Moss known for besides going deep? Was he a good rout runner? Across the middle? Etc. Anderson my just be a Moss-lite.

12. Moss could get behind any D 3 times a game & catch it 98/100 times.He was instant downfield offense & not a bad route runner on intermediate patterns either. His big play capability on a weekly basis as well as his ability to take the top off of a defense w solely his presence more than justified him starting every week.

Anderson gets behind a D maybe once a week & makes a big play once every 2.5 weeks. The difference is astronomical.Moss is faster,has better hands,ran better routes & rarely struggled w press coverage. Anderson is closer to David Clowney than he is Moss

13. GasedAndConfused

LMAO he wasn't even crying. he was wiping the blood from his face. seems like he got hit in the nose and got a bloody nose

14. GasedAndConfused

that's pretty false. i seen a video of him being open downfield several times and darnold taking the shorter throw to Q. sure he isn't moss but he isn't clowney either. He's more of a deshaun jackson type

Jetsfansince2015 and K'OB like this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Listen to Michael Lombardi talk about Moss if you get a chance. He raves about his work ethic and knowledge of the playbook, calls him a student of the game who wanted to be the best.

I thnk Moss was a much better route runner than he's given credit for and he was a lot bigger than Robbie.

16. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

This is what frustrates me the most. When he gets his hands on the ball on an underneath route, he fumbled it 2 weeks in a row. Protect the ball.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Thats pretty false just as well.Jackson was & is a short area threat along w being a premier deep threat.Hes had multiple 80+ reception seasons & on top of it is a very good punt returner. Anderson’s best season was 60 receptions & he didnt even climax 1000 yards. Jackson is a viable threat w the ball in his hands after the catch.Anderson is apt to fumble than he is elude someone or move tje chains.They arent in the same stratosphere

legler82 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Randy Moss was a twig?

Watkin likes this.
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL Wuuut o_O

20. GasedAndConfused

he still ran the full route tree. hard to judge with mccown and petty at QB and no o-line. jackson has had good Qbs most of his career.