Baker Mayfields career

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by forevercursed, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Lol nice red herrings dropping a comparison of Fitz to all time greats.

You’re making yourself look stupid, you don’t need any help from me. Why not wait until he throws 3 picks to continue your psychotic assault on him. It’s going to happen, just wait till then.

Btw, I’m not the only one larfing at you in this thread.

Noam likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

because i wouldn't do that. anyone with a brain knows give a QB 3 years to judge them. You didn't see me running around telling people "i was right on allen" and bringing up all the people trashing him after his 1 good game yesterday. because i'm not an idiot, you however did exactly that with mayfield. I won't comment on any of the QBs on an overall basis as far as being right or wrong on a draft assessment for 3 years. anyone who is making these dumb statements like yourself look just as bad

3. Rollo Tomassi

That's weird because before he had ever taken a single snap in the NFL--much less 3 years--you had already declared him to not be an NFL QB, not being able to make NFL throws, wouldn't play for 2 years--if at all.

You just called yourself dumb. Well done.

Noam and Harpua like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

you mean like every person does including NFL GMs based on film over 4 years of college and historic NFL data. they don't judge someone based on 1 game because that's how you get a vince young getting overdraft for winning a rose bowl and being a bust. 4 years of film > 2 quarters of film

5. Rollo Tomassi

So you're an NFL GM now and you reviewed all his "film". I did not know.

I'm not an NFL GM but I watched all of his games (not youtube clips) and what I saw and what many of us saw was a guy with an NFL arm that could make every NFL throw and could put it into tight windows and that had the athletic ability and leadership to be the face of an NFL franchise and that was CLEARLY a high first round pick.

6. GasedAndConfused

you clearly did know because i literally broke games down pass by pass. clearly i'm not an NFL GM but i guarantee i watched more film of mayfield then anyone else on this forum. literally hours of watching full games on all 5 QBs, highlight reels, etc etc. youtube is a great tool these days. it's exactly the same thing PFF does to grade players in the NFL. now you are just lying because he barely made any NFL throws in the videos which was a major concern. it was mostly layups to wide open targets on 1 read plays.

you don't understand the college game clearly. it's not about making players NFL ready. they don't have the luxury to groom a guy for years and keep them around for a decade. they are lucky to have the same QB for 3-4 years so systems are made to be simple and easy so any QB can succeed and put up big numbers. also college defenses are mostly crap and alot of QBs can get away with stuff in college they can't in the NFL. you looked at his stats and brought into the hype to the point it feels your in love with him or something. Josh allen looked much better then mayfield did against a much better team yesterday and rosen in his 4 minutes looked bad. and all of that means nothing becuase it's way too soon but if you were smart enough to know that, we wouldn't be discussing it right now. 3 years. bookmark it and come back to it 3 years from now

7. Rollo Tomassi

You broke down YOUTUBE and HIGHLIGHT videos! You admitted it yourself--I actually watched all his GAMES--all of the actual throws. He made PLENTY of NFL throws--you just choose to ignore them because you have some psychopathic hate for the guy.

Been watching college football since the 70s and I know how the game has changed recently to building winners as opposed to building better players. Still doesn't negate the fact that through your psychopathic hate you couldn't see the talent and didn't understand enough about talent to see how it would translates to the NFL.

So we're not supposed to discuss anything for three years yet you aren't very smart because you trashed the dude before he ever took an NFL snap.

You're words, not mine.

8. Rollo Tomassi

And you were correct to disagree.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Borderline?

That's funny.

10. GasedAndConfused

and full games. the film shows more as you are distracted when watching a live game compared to breaking down film and looking at every detail involved in playing the position. why do you think teams to film review and don't just replay the game lol

so you admit you can't be objective? yeah that's painfully obvious. I never hated the guy, still don't. wish him the best. just didn't want us to use our 3rd overall pick on him. he wasn't worth it IMO. how you turn that into me hating him shows how objective you aren't. your being emotional like any fan would. not being fair and objective

discuss? sure you can do that. you just cant play the "I was right" card after 2 quarters of play. many busts had good rookie years. RG3, vince young, mariotta and winston sure looked good as rookies. even sanchez looked good at times as a rookie. doens't always pan out. if you actually had a clue what you were saying you would know this already but clearly you don't.

11. GasedAndConfused

true it's beyond borderline at this point. he made like 20 posts during the game bumping every mayfield thread and comment i made and bragging how mayfield is amazing and i was wrong. I was also pissed in the gameday thread that middleton dropped the easy INT that would have saved us 3 points and gotten us the ball back and his comment was "your just mad baker didn't throw a pick" like IDK how you even go there as a sane person lol whether the pick was dropped or not it's still a shitty throw and all i cared about was the jets getting a W which is what i would expect from any jet fan on the forum. his mayfield obsession is just weird. he's probably bidding on some mayfield underwear as we speak so he can smell them everday

12. Rollo Tomassi

Hey- you called him a bust before he ever took a snap and you're the one declaring that you can't make any such decisions until seeing him for 3 years. I've watched so many college QBs I can only BE objective--subjectivity went out a long time ago.

It's funny when you say you don't hate the guy--but spent months and a hundred posts trashing the guy and dumping on everyone who disagreed.

Noam likes this.
  13. Rollo Tomassi

This is just psychopathic that you're even thinking about that.

Geez dude, you need some serious help.

Noam likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

i said I think he will be a bust in the NFL you cna't call someone a bust before they take a snap. There is a difference. hell look how much watson was hyped based on 5 amazing games last year and now this year he aint looking so good. I never dumped on anyone either for liking him it was the opposite all the pro mayfield people were dumping on the anit-mayfield people as you are literally still doing right now. you live in a twisted version of the real world. seek help!

your behavior shows that's more likely to be true then false :)

15. Rollo Tomassi

And now you're just making shit up.

I know I've questioned your age before but the fact that you even thought of that convinces me I'm probably right.

Noam likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

not at all. go look at my history. i never attacked anyone because to your 2nd point i'm not a child and you may be older then me but your attitude suggest you never grew up. If you can spend hours digging up all my mayfield posts you can show me where i was attacking people for liking mayfield. good luck as it never happened

17. Rollo Tomassi

Not doing your research for you.

Btw, suggesting people don't know what they are looking at, don't understand college football or how it translates to the NFL, don't know how to evaluate QBs, don't understand NFL football, don't watch football, are confused about what they are watching, etc is your childish passive aggressive MO.

You can keep going on here but your obsession is becoming disturbing.

18. GasedAndConfused

research for what LMAO you claimed i attacked people over liking mayfield which never happened i said prove it and you deflect. but i guess we'll never know 3 years from now since your going on my ignore list. congrats on being the 1st one. feel free to respond how you please as i wont' see it :)

19. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

@SolidGoldBowles was super annoying with his mayfield dumping. but @Rollo Tomassi, your past premature crowing about prospects has not aged well ...

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  20. Rollo Tomassi

Disturbing this obsession you have.